Squad movements, summer 2013

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belezika reminds me of a young Earl Barrett.

He got his feet mixed up and his distribution was sometimes woeful.

But as the song goes "you'll never beat Earl Barrett" and he turned out to be one of our very best!

I would settle for Belezika being given a chance and being only half the player Earl was.

He has the pace and the club reckon his defending is not in question.

• 2 weeks later...

I know we are going to sign other players, but as it stands what would be considered first teamers at the moment?

ie where are the gaps.I don't mean best of what we have got at the moment, just who is likely to be considered a first teamer.

Crusoe, any chance you could add their playing position on your list? nad where they are noted to be playable?

Something like this?

I guess Clarke-Harris is the debateable one, will he be main choice as we paid a fee?

GK

LB Grounds

CB Byrne

CB (MVoto)

RB

LW Dayton

CM Baxter

CM Weslowski

LW

ST Clarke-Harris

ST

Subs

GK (Cisak)

RB Tarkwoski/Brown

CB

CM Winchester (or RB)

R or LW

ST

Edited by singe

I know we are going to sign other players, but as it stands what would be considered first teamers at the moment?

ie where are the gaps.I don't mean best of what we have got at the moment, just who is likely to be considered a first teamer.

Crusoe, any chance you could add their playing position on your list? nad where they are noted to be playable?

Something like this?

I guess Clarke-Harris is the debateable one, will he be main choice as we paid a fee?

GK

LB Grounds

CB Byrne

CB (MVoto)

RB

LW Dayton

CM Baxter

CM Weslowski

LW

ST Clarke-Harris

ST

Subs

GK (Cisak)

RB Tarkwoski/Brown

CB

CM Winchester (or RB)

R or LW

ST

Baxter isnt a CM. Not in a two anyway.

GK-

RB- Brown

CB-

CB- Tarky

LB- Grounds

DCM- Weso

DCM- Mellor

RAM- Millar

CAM- Baxter

LAM- Dayton

CF-

Subs

Clarke- Harris

Gosset

Cooper

Baxter isnt a CM. Not in a two anyway.

GK-

RB- Brown

CB-

CB- Tarky

LB- Grounds

DCM- Weso

DCM- Mellor

RAM- Millar

CAM- Baxter

LAM- Dayton

CF-

Subs

Clarke- Harris

Gosset

Cooper

I agree, and I dont think LJ is stupid enough to let Baxter waste his talents there.

Hey Singe. I'll leave that to other posters as I'm not familiar enough with all the roles each player could handle.

Signed up

Grounds

Baxter

Wes

Montano

Dayton

Clarke-Harris

Mellor

Sutherland

Gosset

Cooper

Simpson

Waiting to hear from:

M'voto

Byrne

Tarky

Brown

Winchester

Belezika

Millar

How many players do people think we need in the squad? Even if all of the players that we are waiting to hear from sign for us, I still think we'll need 3 or 4 quality additions in the right areas.

I'm not sure how many we're waiting on getting back to us now as regards contract offers .....M'voto, Winchester,Millar?.....but I'd personally give them until the first day of pre season training and then move on.

Withdraw any offers, they've had long enough to peruse the details now, we need to put our side together now and to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't change my plans waiting on any of them.

I'm not sure how many we're waiting on getting back to us now as regards contract offers .....M'voto, Winchester,Millar?.....but I'd personally give them until the first day of pre season training and then move on.

Withdraw any offers, they've had long enough to peruse the details now, we need to put our side together now and to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't change my plans waiting on any of them.

Mvoto might be given until then and possibly longer but Winchester and Millar won't be. Them being away with the NI u-21s probably explains the delay in them signing or being given the heave-ho.

• 2 weeks later...