• Lee Croft
    • James Wesolowski
    • Montano
    • Simpson
    • Barnard
    • Matt Smith
    • Jose Baxter
    • Chris 'Donkey' Iwelumo

Also, I went for Smith - there's no doubting a season is a marathon not a sprint and that it's easy to see the Big Games and not appreciate others who've won us games 6 months ago whose 3pts are just as valuable.

All that said, when the heat was on and the pressure at it's peak he's score goals which are perhaps the most valuable to this club for the last decade or so... he's beat Liverpool, earned a cash rich replay against Everton, won us the Yeovil game and been a big part of the Crawly win.

Not on his own, by any means, but I struggle to think of a player who's had any more landmark contributions to the team in recent memory?

Just out of interest, to get a more balanced view. Do you know who has the most votes over the season after every man of the match poll?

Stevie J's job to count them up - that's how we decide the overall official OWTB.co.uk player of the year as it prevents the subjective point of view like I gave in my choice.

Tough choice, mainly because half of them didn't perform, so we're left with a toss up between Baxter, Crofty, Grounds, Smiffy and Big Jean. I nearly went for the slimline Croft because of his non stop effort, but chose Baxter in the end because, without his goals, we'd have been down before Bury, Hartlepuddle and Pompey.

People who shouldn't operate computers/mobiles/tablets/anything unsupervised by the looks of it.

You mean Main Stand Moaners. Maybe it's not a popularity contest, but a who-you-hate-least contest. Genuinely interested in the electorate for this poll. Baxter is the best player we've had for 20 years at least (name me a better one). Croft is great and a legend, but he's nowhere near as good a footballer as Baxter, who's also stuck his neck out for the club by signing a contract.

Croft gives 110% in every single game. Baxter doesn't.

I'm not suggesting Baxter isn't a better all round footballer but there is some logic in Croft winning the award. It's not as ridiculous an outcome as some are making out.

And I voted for him so the result must be right :grin: .

Croft gives 110% in every single game. Baxter doesn't.

That is absolute balderdash.

Croft spent the first 6 month of the season overweight, and only pulled his tripe out and trimmed down once his Derby contract was cancelled. He might have been putting a shift in during a game, but his lax attitude to his career was affecting his performances on the pitch. Until Feb he was a disappointment. Which is a shame because he obviously has the talent - but looking at how his career has gone, he obviously doesn't have the work ethic to make the most out of his ability.

Baxter doesn't run round like a headless chicken. But that doesn't mean he isn't trying. Even when he doesn't play well he is usually the only player who wants the ball and tries to make something happen, and the only player we have with any creativity. Though he is guilty of the odd little (and one massive) mistake, he has still been head and shoulders ahead of every other attacking option we have got.

That is absolute balderdash.

Croft spent the first 6 month of the season overweight, and only pulled his tripe out and trimmed down once his Derby contract was cancelled. He might have been putting a shift in during a game, but his lax attitude to his career was affecting his performances on the pitch. Until Feb he was a disappointment. Which is a shame because he obviously has the talent - but looking at how his career has gone, he obviously doesn't have the work ethic to make the most out of his ability.

Baxter doesn't run round like a headless chicken. But that doesn't mean he isn't trying. Even when he doesn't play well he is usually the only player who wants the ball and tries to make something happen, and the only player we have with any creativity. Though he is guilty of the odd little (and one massive) mistake, he has still been head and shoulders ahead of every other attacking option we have got.

Bang on the money

I Can't believe an outfield attacking player who hasn't scored a goal this season has been named player of the season Baxter and Mvoto are way ahead of him.