• James Wesolowski
    • Montano
    • Simpson
    • Barnard
    • Matt Smith
    • Jose Baxter
    • Chris 'Donkey' Iwelumo

Between 4 for me.

Matt Smith has had the best moments of the season - if we didn't have him during the FA Cup run then it would've been a very :censored: year

Jose Baxter easily is the most talented player of the team but I still think he has underperformed and hasn't played at 100%

Lee Croft has been our best player (or at least one of the best) since Feb onwards - hope he keeps it up next season

Grounds has been consistently one of our best players all season and (from what i've seen) always puts in 100% effort.

Voted for Grounds

Edited by JoshOWTB

Baxter - his goals and assists have been vital and he's been (mostly) great to watch. I think he's the most gifted (though not necessarily the most effective) player I've seen here in the last 10-15 years.

Grounds and Croft have both been immense but my rationale for choosing Baxter is trying to picture where'd we'd be in the table without any one of those players. I think we'd be further down the league without Baxter than we would without Croft or Grounds.

Edited by bossrocks

Croft for me without his assists Baxter wouldn't have got half his goals this season. The way he has performed over the last 3 months of the season swung it for me away from Baxter.

Big player for us and need him signed up, streamlined and raring to go in a latics shirt next season.

Oh and I believe he has only missed one game this year as well. I may be wrong. Not a bad effort for an overweight winger for most of the season:-)

Baxter for me.

Loved his attitude in signing for us. Has scored regularly through the season and tried to play football of a different standard than we are used to at times. The fact he signed a contract that, at the very least, means we get some cash for him. Fairly consistent all season as well.

But agree with the honourable mentions....

Grounds - good solid player, after an indifferent start IMO. Potential captain for me.

Smith - terrible at the start, but has been involved in some key moments over the the year. SUFC away, Cup games, and now 3 on the bounce in the league.

Croft - once he lost the weight he has been a different player. Had he played like that all season, would walk away with this vote for me.

MVoto - good mostly, great at times, but prone to switch off and make mistakes all to regularly. But 5 goals from a big centre half is decent.

Baxter, but Grounds has run him close. Grounds has been very consistent and only since Johnson came in has he had a bad game. Baxter however has never really had a very bad game and his best is head and shoulders above anyone else.

Honourable mentions to Mvoto and Croft but their pre-Xmas form wasn't all that.

Edited by rudemedic

Well I was going to vote for Iwelumo. Simply for his performance against Everton away.

i shall add him in... just for you haha - honestly though, how have players like barnard, brown, byrne got votes? yes some may have had good performances, but its player of the year????