I am well aware of the arguments against looking back and bringing ex players back, but what about Danny Philliskirk? He's been released by Coventry. Coventry had a fairly good attack, does anyone know how he's developed since leaving us for Chelsea? Worth a trial at least?

No harm in a trial but not sure why we'd bother.

We owe it to TP to take a look?

I'd heard he was banging them in for Sheff Utd reserves and showing all the right traits, but Danny Wilson only wanted big men in the first team.

My initial instinct is the same as yours. But he may just have something that will fit with Johnson's plans.

Waste of time. The kid has no potential atall or chelsea would of kept hold of him for future.

To not make it at Chelsea (who have virtually unlimited resources) does not mean you won't make it in League one. Or even the Premiership for that matter.

To not make it at Chelsea (who have virtually unlimited resources) does not mean you won't make it in League one. Or even the Premiership for that matter.

What about not making it at a league one club in sheff utd?

Im not saying he's not worth a trial, but going into the season with a potential forward line of Miller & Philliskirk would be a bit worrying.

Why is it so hard to believe. I know a lad that went to school with him. He says Danny wasn't the best player in the school. And it's not sour grapes, this kid is in America playing college football now so he's hardly bitter. He was just honest. Said Danny wasn't all that good at all but good luck to him.

Why is it so hard to believe. I know a lad that went to school with him. He says Danny wasn't the best player in the school. And it's not sour grapes, this kid is in America playing college football now so he's hardly bitter. He was just honest. Said Danny wasn't all that good at all but good luck to him.

Your friend, who is he scouting for now?

• 8 months later...

He's 22 and has managed 10 league games and no goals in his entire career. One appearance in two years at Sheffield United.

No harm in a trial but not sure why we'd bother.

Ha. Searching old posts and found that I'd said this about Philliskirk Junior. To quote another poster, just as well I'm not the manager.

(Sorry to bump an old thread.)

We owe it to TP to take a look?

I'd heard he was banging them in for Sheff Utd reserves and showing all the right traits, but Danny Wilson only wanted big men in the first team.

My initial instinct is the same as yours. But he may just have something that will fit with Johnson's plans.

I'm a genius.

Sometimes.

Ha. Searching old posts and found that I'd said this about Philliskirk Junior. To quote another poster, just as well I'm not the manager.

(Sorry to bump an old thread.)

Ha ha! Nice one Crusoe.

This thread sums up what this board is all about - opinion.

in the old days it would have been a comment down the pub - nowadays it's written down and retrievable...

As you say - just as well that a few of us are not the manager!