David Worrall (Rumour)

Sunday morning browsing of football forums, stumbled onto the Rochdale forum and 2 forum posters have us down to be signing Bury Midfielder David Worrall who is out of contract in the summer. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Worrall - of course a rumour, http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/fb_mb.php?m=v&t=80384#3 - make of it what you like, but a decent signing in my eyes! In LJ we trust!

Sounds like a decent player and also sounds promising that one of them knows him personally.

The only question I would have though is it says at one point he was linked with Championship clubs. So why would he sign with Oldham rather than someone from the Championship or even higher end of League One signing him on a free contract? The only reason I could think of is that he thinks he will play most games here and also we're situated right next to Bury so family don't have to move or anything.

Lets hope it happens!

He won their player of the season the season before last when they finished mid-table above us.

Championship clubs after him, he's valued at over £150,000 and we're actually a step up from Bury too. He was in that team that battered us at BP.

I was going to say CM isn't one of the priority areas for strengthening but it just dawned on me how many players we're going to have to bring in. Anyway, he'll be a very good start to a busy transfer window for LJ. I wouldn't mind Korey Smith coming back to partner him as well if possible.

Yeah he can play down the right. Very good signing imo, surely we can offer better wages than Bury. They are one of the best sides I've seen us play this season, they were very good in both games, they could have had 5 when we played them at Gigg Lane but there was no end product (similar to us).

Would be a good signing, can play right wing too. Steven Schumacher would be a good signing from that team too. I also saw Matt Sparrow and Alan Judge had been released, Judge will end up at a Championship side I'd imagine though.

didnt schumacher say it was the worst time of his career when he was on loan at boundary park a fair few years ago? think it was on loan from everton

it says it on the rumours site that we trying to agree a fee of 22,000 pound compensation we shall see it would make a change to have a midfielder that's around 6ft

Good player as he is I thought LJ was looking for goalscoring midfielders ?.. he's got 11 in 179 appearances.

Good player as he is I thought LJ was looking for goalscoring midfielders ?.. he's got 11 in 179 appearances.

.....which brings me onto Dan Gardner and Duncan Watmore :OASISscarf:

But yes, you have a point. Last season we suffered hugely from midfielders not providing enough goals which pressures the attackers. I did think that last season our biggest problem was putting pressure on ourselves. Be it hospital passes, a lack of goals or playing very deep in our own half the players made it harder for each other to play freely.

Next season if we keep Crofty, LJ has to give him the confidence to shoot more often and then replace Furman, Simpson (and Matt Smith if he goes) with players who can score goals consistently to assist whichever striker we start next season with.

.....which brings me onto Dan Gardner and Duncan Watmore :OASISscarf:

But yes, you have a point. Last season we suffered hugely from midfielders not providing enough goals which pressures the attackers. I did think that last season our biggest problem was putting pressure on ourselves. Be it hospital passes, a lack of goals or playing very deep in our own half the players made it harder for each other to play freely.

Next season if we keep Crofty, LJ has to give him the confidence to shoot more often and then replace Furman, Simpson (and Matt Smith if he goes) with players who can score goals consistently to assist whichever striker we start next season with.

I've seen a lad called Adam morning 2 or 3 times this season playing for skelmersdale utd who have taken on all comers in the evo stik league 1.....bit of a step up but definitely an eye for a goal

I've seen a lad called Adam morning 2 or 3 times this season playing for skelmersdale utd who have taken on all comers in the evo stik league 1.....bit of a step up but definitely an eye for a goal

I also see Mr Reeves at alty scored a bucket load again......anyone know why he didn't move anywhere last year?

He used to play for Mossley, had abilty but was very inconstant

I also see Mr Reeves at alty scored a bucket load again......anyone know why he didn't move anywhere last year?

Good point, I was a little skeptical that he might be a one season wonder last summer but he's backed it up this year. He'd be a gamble but while he might only be prolific at that level I think he's worth taking a chance on.

Good point, I was a little skeptical that he might be a one season wonder last summer but he's backed it up this year. He'd be a gamble but while he might only be prolific at that level I think he's worth taking a chance on.

Under contract for another year. Lots of league clubs had a look (he even trained with us for a while) and nothing happened - there has to be a reason for that. There's every chance that playing at level suits him financially as the rewards in L1/L2 won't be that much more so he may not be keen to move anyway.

Under contract for another year. Lots of league clubs had a look (he even trained with us for a while) and nothing happened - there has to be a reason for that. There's every chance that playing at level suits him financially as the rewards in L1/L2 won't be that much more so he may not be keen to move anyway.

Financially maybe it's a good point but given that LJ has already seen the player in Mellor and millar that dickov didn't I would hope that LJ might take a look again

• 1 month later...