To Drum or not to Drum ?

To Drum or not to Drum ?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of LJs suggestion of a club drummer ?

• Yes - I would like a drummer urging on the team and crowd
    • No - I couldn't stand the racket
    • I'm totally indifferent

agree Drum should be in Lookers side of RRE at the back . The club should the state which block/row/seat the drum will be in . then people will know were to sit/stand and sing a long if they want too. if you dont want to be near the drum dont go there. that way everybody knows before you buy your season ticket

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drum.

Everybody knows where the drummer always sits. Sit in another stand if you don't like it.

Done.

The article refers to a new drummer, he hasn't been appointed yet so he doesn't always sit anywhere. For all we know LJ might want him in the Chaddy.

The article refers to a new drummer, he hasn't been appointed yet so he doesn't always sit anywhere. For all we know LJ might want him in the Chaddy.

Place him in the technical area next to the 4th official, he doesn't listen to anything.

Edited by BP1960

Although excluding the don't care votes you have 60 in favour out of 82. Which does achieve the 2/3 majority.

I made up the 2/3 majority rule so I have decided it is 2/3 of all votes cast or 3/4 of votes expressing a preference. First 100 votes to count. :coffee1:

My fault for being presumptuous.

I didn't realise that LJ was taking the role rather seriously, as in appointing him somewhere and whatnot. Wouldn't it be best if us fans could sit down with him or at least some officials and discuss this? We don't really have a group representing the singers and those who will join the drummer - ahem.

Edited by GuyGermanLatic

• 2 weeks later...

So, around 3% of OWTB memebers want the drum and that means we get one. Suppose us traditionalists will just have to learn to put up with it, or maybe just do away games.

BUT what makes me laugh is the genuine suggestion by some on here that the drum should go at the opposite end of the stand than where the noise comes from now. Classic.

So, around 3% of OWTB memebers want the drum and that means we get one. Suppose us traditionalists will just have to learn to put up with it, or maybe just do away games.

BUT what makes me laugh is the genuine suggestion by some on here that the drum should go at the opposite end of the stand than where the noise comes from now. Classic.

Bit of an obscure term, that.

• 2 months later...

can i just add... i believe we have a good away following on average of our home crowd, and we always tend to have a decent atmosphere but a drum at away games wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing - would spur the fans and team on! just the kid who does the drum doesn't go away

There was a horrendous attempt at singing in the Chaddy on Tuesday night. Half the stand was singing the Great Escape, and half misheard what was being sung and started singing another song. Then it got a bit rushed and within each group of singers, people were singing at different paces. If that had carried on, great - Pro-Latics singing is Pro-Latics singing - but then after about 15 seconds, everyone got confused and just stopped. Maybe we're out of practice. Either way it sounded :censored:e.

A drum would have helped :peepwall:

There was a horrendous attempt at singing in the Chaddy on Tuesday night. Half the stand was singing the Great Escape, and half misheard what was being sung and started singing another song. Then it got a bit rushed and within each group of singers, people were singing at different paces. If that had carried on, great - Pro-Latics singing is Pro-Latics singing - but then after about 15 seconds, everyone got confused and just stopped. Maybe we're out of practice. Either way it sounded :censored:e.

A drum would have helped :peepwall:

Maybe place a conductor at the bottom behind the goal and hand him a megaphone. ;-)

Keeping time is essential, the drum isn't needed as clapping usually works well with crowds and football matches. Singing the song more than the one verse works wonders too, it gets people into the song for the second or third repeat. bottom line here is that hardly anybody can be arsed.