Ollie Lancashire - Aldershot

Interviewed Ollie a lot and watched him in action while he was at Grimsby.

Nice guy, professional. Started well but faded quite a bit amid a losing and ultimately relegated team. He then moved to Walsall.

Hopefully another 'gem' LJ reckons he can polish.

I believe he is under contract and may require some sort of fee as he signed a two-year contract in June 2012.

The source is that Matt Chambers (Oldham Chronicle writer) re-tweeted a tweet that another journalist had wrote saying 'My home - town club, Oldham, have made an official approach to Aldershot for Ollie Lancashire' or something along them lines.

according to his twitter he received a phone call last week saying his contract had been terminated, therefore they surely wouldn't be entitled to a fee

That's the case then. I reckon they only terminated his contract due to having to drastically reduce their budget after being relegated surely. However, he was apparently hampered by injury in his first season.

That's the case then. I reckon they only terminated his contract due to having to drastically reduce their budget after being relegated surely. However, he was apparently hampered by injury in his first season.

I'd imagine they cancelled his contract as they're in administration.

I remember reading a thread about Lancashire when he was at Southampton in League 1. They said he wasn't good enough for league one, and I seem to recall Walsall fans saying the same. Must be quite true if he ended up at Aldershot. Hopefully he will just be a backup if true.

a no from me. To be released by Walsall, plagued by injury in league 2 and be in a side, relegated to the conference with 15 apps, unless LJ really does see a hidden gem inside this guy, its a no from me. Im sure we can recruit a better CB, despite LJ's saying theres not many around

I agree dont think hes the best bet but in lj we trust

He was sent off three times in 15 games at Grimsby

Edited by byrnes boots