It seems like LJ is transforming Millar into a striker and though he's not Derbyshire or Barnard's quality he's clearly improving. I still want us to sign 2 more strikers though as he's nowhere near the finished article.

It would be dreamland to sign Derbyshire for a season but he's way out of our wage-boundaries. I also heard that we were paying 10% of Barnard's £18,000-a-week contract at Southampton. Seems ludicrous but I can imagine it in football nowadays...

I'm a big fan of the big-man-little-man combination so would like us to sign one pacey finisher and one taller lay-off physical striker. However, if we play Baxter in CAM and have 2 wingers then we're likely to only have 1 striker.

In LJ we trust.....

People have short memories, Derbyshire was pure class , his work rate was superb as was his movement , unfortunately his team mates were :censored:e , Baxter aside , and his 6 goals make him 3rd top scorer .

Ask LJ if he would take him, Im pretty sure what his answer would be.

I'd take either, we'll see neither.

If I had to choose, Derbyshire every time.

What having both these players on loan exposed is a true lack of creativity in our team. A midfield, especially left and centre, that failed to create and rarely scored. Full backs that rarely crossed.

Certainly thin on the ground now Smith, Simpson, loans, etc are gone. Not sure Millar is the answer and I've never been keen. Is there anyone coming through the reserves/youth set up?

Not immediately. LJ will have to bring someone in.

Edited by BP1960

From what I've seen myself and then reports of others; Truelove, Cooper, Gossett & Sutherland all look like they could feature this season, and I'd be fine with that. But none of them are strikers and havent we released the 2 striker lads from the youths as they were obviously deemed not good enough?

We need some new arrivals in for the striking department.