• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the club really get £'s or even pence every for 'hit' - in that case I see good reason to visit it every day.

If so I will 'hit' as often as practicable.

No the club does not make cash per hit, however the amount of hits will result in the marketing department showing these stats to potential advertisers/sponsors resulting in charging more.

If Bury and Rochdale both average 5000 hits a week and Oldham get 10000 where would you choose to advertise??? How the traffic is generated is irrevant to an advertiser. However I can see traffic dropping off due to this fake hype over youth team players signing

If it is jennys personal account she should ignore them all and delete them, whatever the protocol is?

If its a club account then she should delete any abuse.

Which is it? Personal or club?

Either way if you have a go at any club official because of a signing or how the website is run you are out of order!

I tweeted #oafc and she replied to that off her own back.....

Her reaction just emphasises how detached the club, especially the commercial department, is from the fans these days.

She completely missed the point over people's comments regarding the website teasers and announcements. People aren't criticising the signing of the youth players but the misleading nature of these announcements, which is clearly intentional.

Disappointment amongst the fans is at its peak following all the past seasons of failure and abject performances. The signing of "new" players to rejuvenate the team and expectations next season is at the forefront of fans minds so to trivialise this via the intentional teaser announcements is aggregating the situation...and she didn't realise this would happen(!). Same goes with constant stories on OS updating on EX-players and their new clubs...what's that all about...nose, rubbing and :censored: spring to mind.

There's also....

Another new home shirt with no input from fans on design etc

Last seasons home shirt was sold as being for two seasons but it was just one

No incentive of a discount to swap the current home shirt for the new one apart fom discount for ST holders

Yes I am pissed off about the new home shirt because I bought 4 expecting it to be 2 seasons. Then there's a discount on the new home shirt if you buy a ST. Understand the reward in return for buying the ticket but why not extend to all fans who bought last seasons shirt but either cannot afford a whole ST or circumstances dictate its not economical but will still attend matches.

Before people say you have a choice then they don't have kids at the age who love wearing the shirt and want to wear the same as the team when attended matches.

Her reaction just emphasises how detached the club, especially the commercial department, is from the fans these days.

She completely missed the point over people's comments regarding the website teasers and announcements. People aren't criticising the signing of the youth players but the misleading nature of these announcements, which is clearly intentional.

Disappointment amongst the fans is at its peak following all the past seasons of failure and abject performances. The signing of "new" players to rejuvenate the team and expectations next season is at the forefront of fans minds so to trivialise this via the intentional teaser announcements is aggregating the situation...and she didn't realise this would happen(!). Same goes with constant stories on OS updating on EX-players and their new clubs...what's that all about...nose, rubbing and :censored: spring to mind.

There's also....

Another new home shirt with no input from fans on design etc

Last seasons home shirt was sold as being for two seasons but it was just one

No incentive of a discount to swap the current home shirt for the new one apart fom discount for ST holders

Yes I am pissed off about the new home shirt because I bought 4 expecting it to be 2 seasons. Then there's a discount on the new home shirt if you buy a ST. Understand the reward in return for buying the ticket but why not extend to all fans who bought last seasons shirt but either cannot afford a whole ST or circumstances dictate its not economical but will still attend matches.

Before people say you have a choice then they don't have kids at the age who love wearing the shirt and want to wear the same as the team when attended matches.

it's the modern way and I lay the blame at the door of Sky Sports News. They really have taken these things to a whole new level. The yellow ticker across the bottom of the screen has become their trademark, but they take it to unbelieveable levels. Take ths afternoon as a prime example.

The ticker says.....

wait foir it.........

this is really happening......

you wont believe your eyes...........

the next line is it............................................

"JOSE MOURINHO ARRIVES IN THE UK"

On this occasion your wrong. It is crap and getting worse perhaps your own relationship with the club is positive but the commercial side is laughable.

Fine thats your opinion. My view is that I can see 10 or so people monaing on here and it's not much different on facebook or twitter hence my comment about the vast majority not complaining. Obviously my standards aren't as high as yours :wink:

That is exactly what I was just about to say. She clearly isnt a Latics fan.

Edited by Monty Burns

it's the modern way and I lay the blame at the door of Sky Sports News. They really have taken these things to a whole new level. The yellow ticker across the bottom of the screen has become their trademark, but they take it to unbelieveable levels. Take ths afternoon as a prime example.

The ticker says.....

wait foir it.........

this is really happening......

you wont believe your eyes...........

the next line is it............................................

"JOSE MOURINHO ARRIVES IN THE UK"

What about the brilliant 'David Moyes leaves Everton training ground' after Fergie announced his retirement, with the follow up story, 'Believed to have headed home' :censored: SKY and everything to do with its encouragement of turning a sport into a marketing, theatrical tool.

People who use comments such as "this is more of a general thing" to excuse overreacting to specific events is totally lame.

People need to get better things to do than watch the website religiously for the summer months - watch cricket for instance.

Ignore Twitter.

I also saw on here a comment about a new shirt being released without fan input... Really?

Some people need to get a grip.

I also saw on here a comment about a new shirt being released without fan input... Really?

I think the issue on that is not the design of the shirt but the fact the last shirt was sold to fans as it was for 2012/14 but it wasn't.

Edited by jsslatic