• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point of it is, the club should not be building up announcements for anything other than brand new signings.

If they hit a pattern of building up the renewing of existing player contracts, particularly youth or previous bit part players, then the club is only going to to build a sense frustration followed by apathy amongst the fans. They should be trying to build momentum and excitement.

If there isn't at least one new capture announced tomorrow, I for one shall withdraw to checking the official website once a week for the rest of the summer. I will get the remainder of my information from either here or the chron.

The point of it is, the club should not be building up announcements for anything other than brand new signings.

If they hit a pattern of building up the renewing of existing player contracts, particularly youth or previous bit part players, then the club is only going to to build a sense frustration followed by apathy amongst the fans. They should be trying to build momentum and excitement.

If there isn't at least one new capture announced tomorrow, I for one shall withdraw to checking the official website once a week for the rest of the summer. I will get the remainder of my information from either here or the chron.

I'm going to respectfully disagree with you here. It is the job of the website to be an accurate source of news and information about the club as well as generate revenue. If every fan visited the site once a day it would drive the advertising revenue up a bit which has to be a good thing.

To be fair, Eardley came through our youth system, played a lot of games for us and captained the side, so I'd say they can just about get away with that one. But they do put up some which really aren't justified, such as the story about Eaves going on loan from Bolton to Shrewsbury.

I'm going to respectfully disagree with you here. It is the job of the website to be an accurate source of news and information about the club as well as generate revenue. If every fan visited the site once a day it would drive the advertising revenue up a bit which has to be a good thing.

I understand that. But ultimately, if the website is going to actively (albeit implicitly) mislead me and leave me with a sense disappointment I would be better off skipping all that. My enthusiasm will naturally diminish. That Mellor announcement was poorly calibrated, and if they do the same again I will stop trusting them, or even caring to pay attention to the website and its traffic generating antics..

We'll wait and see though. I am still hopeful of some fresh Lee Johnson signings tomorrow.

it'll be two yts players and i agree i wont check the official again for a while because they are blatantly taking the piss, the Mellor story was ridiculous, you can't have a contract renewal as a new signing story, its just gay.

Whoever is making the decisions at the club to pre-announce and build up the signings of youth players (ahem "captures") can go f themselves.

I've officially had enough of this childish way of interacting with the fans. If they wanted to pre-announce the news they could just state that the signings will be existing players or youth players. But they don't. I know they are doing it in an effort to drive up traffic to the website, however they have done it at the expense of losing my trust and enthusiasm. I used to check the website (pardon the expression) religiously. I truly can't be bothered anymore.

They will shock us soon and not bother telling us anything, then unveil Messi and Ronaldo after weeks of no speculation whatsoever!

Change Messi and Ronaldo to something more realistic and you might not be far off.

Fairly certain this sort of tactic has been used by the club in the recent past. I try (not all that successfully, on occasions, I admit) not to get too worked up about it.