• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been described by the club on twitter as new signings as they are 'new to the 1st team'

Whilst not annoyed by this it's easy to see why so many are, why not just announce it last night if they were signed

It's a case of not listening to your customers which ultimately could lose them.

Whoever is making the decisions at the club to pre-announce and build up the signings of youth players (ahem "captures") can go f themselves.

I've officially had enough of this childish way of interacting with the fans. If they wanted to pre-announce the news they could just state that the signings will be existing players or youth players. But they don't. I know they are doing it in an effort to drive up traffic to the website, however they have done it at the expense of losing my trust and enthusiasm. I used to check the website (pardon the exp<b></b>ression) religiously. I truly can't be bothered anymore.

Your an idiot. Enough said.

Well it's good to see the supporters liaison officer taking fans' views on board.

Approachable.

I've stuck up for her in the past, but not here. She is truly stubborn if she cannot see why fans would be annoyed at this. The lack of respect shown by her and the club on this issue is poor to say the least.

She knows that the intention was to deceive. To build up that which was not worth building up in the hope the fans would trust them enough to think they actually meant "new" signings and "captures". Noone in their right mind would think of of Gosset and Simpson in these terms. Especially since we already expected them to sign, and in the case of Gosset already knew he had signed.The effort was to drum up excitement. The result was to underwhelm.

To be fair to the club, the aim of any web-master (guru, or whatever) is to increase traffic to the site, which the 'breaking news' has done successfully. However, given the disgruntlement of the fans over the Mellor article, one would think that maybe the club would say "Ok we got away with it this time, enough is enough"..but no, they have to go and pull the same stunt again, within days. Even this latest article is a shambles, in that it has no author named under 'date posted' and there is only one player in the picture, with the lack of a description to go alongside it. Poor attention to detail.

Congratulations to Gosset and Simpson, let no amount of bickering take that away from them, and it is good to see Johnson having faith in the players coming through, whilst quietly getting on with building a squad that will hopefully play to his strengths and qualities as a manager. At the very least, he is not hanging around until the last minute, as per Dickov.

Again and for the second time in a week people have only hyped this story up in their own minds. Players signing deals is a story as far as the club is concerned as it means that they can then become part of the first team squad next season. It had been rumoured that at least Simpson had been courted by (I believe) Everton.

It was pretty obvious who the signings were going to be but it looks like people will to take any chance to have a moan.

One of the things that keeps you going in the close season is wondering who the new additions to the club will be.

I think the headline yesterday was slightly misleading, and has left some fans disappointed, but we've been here before with big build ups only to be underwhelmed.

Congratulations to Simpson and gossett on gaining pro contracts though.

Again and for the second time in a week people have only hyped this story up in their own minds.

No. The club hyped it up by hyping it up. Why else preannounce the signings of youth players whilst describe them as "new signings"? The club knew what expectations they were eliciting in fans. That is the point.

The thinking was "we don't have any "y", but let's get the fans excited into thinking we have "y" (for 12 hours) even though we have only "x".

I assume that you can see that.

Again and for the second time in a week people have only hyped this story up in their own minds. Players signing deals is a story as far as the club is concerned as it means that they can then become part of the first team squad next season. It had been rumoured that at least Simpson had been courted by (I believe) Everton.

It was pretty obvious who the signings were going to be but it looks like people will to take any chance to have a moan.

stop happy clapping in support of this nobody wants to wait to see a youth player signing a contract just tell us.

I can't stand the website, only ever use it now if anything official is reported on here. I used to go into the website all the time. Shame really but I am not interested in reading miss-spelt rubbish that over hypes nothing to report.

As soon as the site changes and is more professional I'll consider using it today.

Until then I'll only use this........

The thinking was "we don't have any "y", but let's get the fans excited into thinking we have "y" (for 12 hours) even though we have only "x".

I assume that you can see that.

Not at all because I didn't make the choice to try and read into it something that clearly wasn't there.

There were many indications that it would be these two lads signing their first professional contracts that would be announced. It's also fairly common knowledge that LJ is on holiday so now new players would be introduced to the club as yet.

What benefits do you think that 12 hours of getting "the fans excited" would provide? What financial benefits do you think the slight increase in traffic on the website would provide? How many season tickets do you think they sold this morning on the back of it?

But they might have signed for other clubs she cries.

Yes and we would've been due compo as well. When was the last time that happened.

No one isn't supporting the signings of them. If anything it'll just reduce website hits as people won't fall for this stuff again.

Give us a shout if Mvoto signs, Jenny.

It's ok to admit that the club have got something wrong, you know?

What benefits do you think that 12 hours of getting "the fans excited" would provide? What financial benefits do you think the slight increase in traffic on the website would provide? How many season tickets do you think they sold this morning on the back of it?

With hindsight, not enough to be worth all the ill feeling that they have created. But without hindsight obviously enough for them to think they could get away with it in the first place.

Now Jenny, the 'Supporters liaison officer', or whatever the job is called, knows the issue some fans have with these build-up articles we can see if this job is just a title and no action.

The way that she is going about arguing with the fans over Twitter doesn't really bode well...

Edited by NewBlue

Now Jenny, the 'fans liaison manager', or whatever the job is called, knows the issue some fans have with these build-up articles we can see if this job is just a title and no action.

The way that she is going about arguing with the fans over Twitter doesn't really bode well...

Surely she should have known what reaction she would be getting for this particular teaser, having already crossed the line in many people's eyes, following the David Mellor "breaking news".

The club website is a shambles. I would never regard or use it as a news source as it is never going to accurately, fully or impartially report news of any kind.

It wouldn't take much - surely - for the club to have a great site. But despite wanting to get hits, the club seems to treat the site as an afterthought. No imagination or basic thought goes into it as far as I can see.

So I stay well clear of it. The hyping things up issue doesn't affect me cos I just don't bother going on the official site that much any more.

For me, this site is 100 per cent Latics' presence on line. It'd be great if the club has something worthwhile to run tandem with it but there doesn't seem to be the basic cop-on to set that up.

I'm not happy clapping, just moaning about the moaners. There's a difference.

Sorry for red carding you ...mean't to press to see who had downboated you Edited by pk200