• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only people overhyping the pre-stories on the website are you lot...

The one thing I will agree with you all on is that bint Warburton. What a clown she is...

Maybe those who are having a go at latics staff on twitter about signings 3 weeks after the season ended are the ones that need looking at. Sad :censored:!

I don't normally resort to that language but this board, some of its posters and the twats on twitter slagging the club and staff are getting beyond a joke, especially when they don't have the first clue about anything inside the club!

Edited by palmer1

Maybe those who are having a go at latics staff on twitter about signings 3 weeks after the season ended are the ones that need looking at. Sad :censored:!

I don't normally resort to that language but this board, some of its posters and the twats on twitter slagging the club and staff are getting beyond a joke, especially when they don't have the first clue about anything inside the club!

I don't necessarily agree with the arguments and complaints made by people about the way the signings have been reported but surely the supporters liaison officer should be taking such comments on board rather than arguing with them?

I think the problem with these announcements is that the fans have been through a poor season and are looking for improvements and looking for changes. Any other season and I think announcing our own homegrown talent has signed would have been met with greater cheer.

As goes for Jenny arguing, I am hoping that the time of the month jibe was sarcasm? this it 2013 after all.

I don't necessarily agree with the arguments and complaints made by people about the way the signings have been reported but surely the supporters liaison officer should be taking such comments on board rather than arguing with them?

If it is jennys personal account she should ignore them all and delete them, whatever the protocol is?

If its a club account then she should delete any abuse.

Which is it? Personal or club?

Either way if you have a go at any club official because of a signing or how the website is run you are out of order!

If it is jennys personal account she should ignore them all and delete them, whatever the protocol is?

If its a club account then she should delete any abuse.

Which is it? Personal or club?

Either way if you have a go at any club official because of a signing or how the website is run you are out of order!

I think we're talking about different things.

If there has been any abuse then that is of course out of order.

I am talking specifically with reference to constructive comments. I am not on twitter although I occasionally google something specific and access it through there. When I saw this thread I googled 'jenny warburton twitter' and it took me through to her page which had conversations she'd had with Latics fans about breaking the news, in which they had reasonably articulated arguments in a non-abusive manner as to why they think the club should not break news in that manner. She argued back with them and said that they were new signings blah blah blah.

Whether she agrees with the comments or not is irrelevant. As supporters liaison officer she should be taking constructive feedback rather than arguing back. Of course if there was any personal abuse that is entirely unacceptable.

The club's relationship with the fans has been terrible of late which is a shame as there are positive noises from the manager and re the stand.

Since Hardy left there has been no direct line of communication and someone needs to step up and take on that role. That is of course also a discussion to be had with the fans' representative on the board who has not deigned to reply to comments made on the thread he set up. Will just have to keep bumping it until it gets his attention...

I am talking specifically with reference to constructive comments. I am not on twitter although I occasionally google something specific and access it through there. When I saw this thread I googled 'jenny warburton twitter' and it took me through to her page which had conversations she'd had with Latics fans about breaking the news, in which they had reasonably articulated arguments in a non-abusive manner as to why they think the club should not break news in that manner. She argued back with them and said that they were new signings blah blah blah.

Whether she agrees with the comments or not is irrelevant. As supporters liaison officer she should be taking constructive feedback rather than arguing back. Of course if there was any personal abuse that is entirely unacceptable.

The club's relationship with the fans has been terrible of late which is a shame as there are positive noises from the manager and re the stand.

Since Hardy left there has been no direct line of communication and someone needs to step up and take on that role. That is of course also a discussion to be had with the fans' representative on the board who has not deigned to reply to comments made on the thread he set up. Will just have to keep bumping it until it gets his attention...

Has it?

All I see is a small number of regular moaners on here and other social media. The vast majority of fans who regularly attend don't seem to be complaining about their relationship with the club as far as I can see.

I go on the OS a couple of times a day, the same as I do on here. I manage to negotiate the dross and informative in equal measures on both sites without getting too irritated. But if anyone on here upsets Miss Jenny to the point of her resignation, thus denying me the shapely sight of her posterior in a tight pencil skirt at half time, I will be seriously cross. Excuse me a minute.

I go on the OS a couple of times a day, the same as I do on here. I manage to negotiate the dross and informative in equal measures on both sites without getting too irritated. But if anyone on here upsets Miss Jenny to the point of her resignation, thus denying me the shapely sight of her posterior in a tight pencil skirt at half time, I will be seriously cross. Excuse me a minute.

i'am still fuming with club for selling Will Haining and me being no longer able to stare at Michelle marsh in the main stand upper

I think the club through its website was trying to create some suspense, unfortunately the Vigurs saga has left some fans a bit disillusioned,

Lets just hope the next announcement is news of a superb signing - then all this will be quickly forgotten.

Edited by BP1960

Has it?

All I see is a small number of regular moaners on here and other social media. The vast majority of fans who regularly attend don't seem to be complaining about their relationship with the club as far as I can see.

Sorry Harry, I had retyped that when I looked over it and it didn't read it through again! Meant terrible in some instances. I guess that changes the meaning a bit.

The manner in which the issues of the pitch invasion, the new shirts and the arguing with fans today is poor. I do think the first two issues relate to the fans representative on the board hence saying at the bottom of my above post that it was a matter for another thread.

I think you are reading too much into the supporters' liaison officer role. Jenny is the club's commercial manager, her tweets were defending herself and the club from that role.

What a supporters' liaison should be doing is helping solve and easing any problems supporters at matches. Now if only I could think of a match were a few hundred fans were denied entry, some of whom with tickets.

Oh wait I asked the trust's (note not the fans') representative on the board what he and our supporters' liaison officer were doing then. I'm still awaiting a response. Perhaps if I keep bumping it I might get a response, hopefully before you get yours as I asked my question sometime before you did.

I won't hold my breath though.

As for the tweets today, I'm not surprised our commercial manager is not long out of university and hasn't got the experience to deal with it. As I see it she took some valid criticism too personally instead of using it as part of reflecting on the process and using that reflection to improve practice.

If I took every bit of criticism I had ever received on twitter to heart I'd have had a nervous breakdown within 1 week of joining.

I'm not irate about the approach the club had taken, using these odd pre-announcements and nor are most other people who object to them, as far as I can see.

However, a youth player or a reserve signing a new contract does not not warrant that suspense. Why not just announce it when it's done? Yes, the club wants to drive traffic on the site but the 'cry wolf' approach will lead to fewer f5 buttons being pressed when there really is some big news.

If they can't see it's nothing other than irritating, it just goes to show how out of touch they are.

The general problem is how it feels like the club is constantly trying to defend itself and fight the fans rather than actually create some sort of proper communication bridge between them.

The website is a shambles and needs an overhaul to give us some professionalism. Nobody even knows the roles of the supposed representatives or liaison to the fans, if there even is such a thing happening at all.

To deny there is anything wrong overall is ignorant. It's stupid to see the annoyance at the 'suspense' building pages as an isolated vent of frustration - these small things get people irate because of the culmination of everything unprofessional that happens.

'Suspense' is the in thing now, just look at BGT and similar shows how they hold back for about 30 seconds before giving a decision.

Personally it annoys me, but I've learned to live with it.

'Suspense' is the in thing now, just look at BGT and similar shows how they hold back for about 30 seconds before giving a decision.

Personally it annoys me, but I've learned to live with it.

You watch BGT? I'm shocked.