• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it turns out to be true I'm surprised. I really thought he wanted away.

Maybe it was his relationship with Dickov, or unhappiness and Bouzanis being preferred.

That said, I'm happy with him as our regular keeper. I think he's more than capable at this level and it's one more player we don't have to look for and integrate into the team.

Would still be in the market for another keeper? Johnson said he wanted two players in every position and if Simpson is as good as he's made out to be perhaps he should be our number two keeper.

Edited by Crusoe

Would still be in the market for another keeper? Johnson said he wanted two players in every position and if Simpson is as good as he's made out to be perhaps he should be our number two keeper.

Given our new focus in youth, I'd be surprised to see another keeper rock up. And in truth I'd be happy with that - the money can be better spend elsewhere.

I'd say we're most likely to be still looking for a No 1 keeper. That Bouzanis was still being picked ahead of him at the end of last season, despite being readied for the exit door shows that he isn't regarded as a first choice but as a reasonably good option as back up.

I'd say we're most likely to be still looking for a No 1 keeper. That Bouzanis was still being picked ahead of him at the end of last season, despite being readied for the exit door shows that he isn't regarded as a first choice but as a reasonably good option as back up.

this, also im sure we had the option of another season so the fact that the contract negotiations have dragged out so long pretty much confirms for me that he will be on reduced terms as a number 2

Edited by 4froale

this, also im sure we had the option of another season so the fact that the contract negotiations have dragged out so long pretty much confirms for me that he will be on reduced terms as a number 2

Not a chance, if he is signing it will be to play as the number 1.

Not a chance, if he is signing it will be to play as the number 1.

So why wasn't he selected last season? What's changed with him to suddenly warrant a no 1 spot which he didn't a few weeks ago despite the then incumbent's indiscretions?

Fair play if he feels he can fight for a spot but maybe it became clear that it was going to be a struggle to get fixed up elsewhere.

So why wasn't he selected last season? What's changed with him to suddenly warrant a no 1 spot which he didn't a few weeks ago despite the then incumbent's indiscretions?

Fair play if he feels he can fight for a spot but maybe it became clear that it was going to be a struggle to get fixed up elsewhere.

My take would be that Johnson, given the situation we were in, didn't want or didn't have the time to be tinkering with the team too much - Bouzanis was in possession and hadn't done too much wrong.

Chambers has tweeted that the contract extension doesn't necessarily mean he's staying...

Yer, this is the tweet Paddy means.

Matt Chambers@Matt_Chambers_2m

Latest on Alex Cisak in today's paper. Contract extension doesn't necessarily mean he's stopping... #oafc

Does this mean that we will get a fee for him then?

depends if he had any other offers on the table...

I would be surprised at him being desperate to sign when it's only early June.

Chambers' tweet is interesting. Of course I know no better than anyone else, but why would he sign an extension just to enable us to sell him in the next few weeks? What's in it for him?

I would be surprised at him being desperate to sign when it's only early June.

Chambers' tweet is interesting. Of course I know no better than anyone else, but why would he sign an extension just to enable us to sell him in the next few weeks? What's in it for him?

Didn't Vernon leave just weeks after signing a new contract...

seems strange that he has signed a new contract when he could be sold on straight away, you would of thought that he would of got himself a nicer signing on fee if he'd moved on a free.....im going to guess at a player swap :smoking:

Edited by 4froale

Ahh. Just got a reply from Mr Chambers. Seems the option in his contract was in the club's favour. So I guess if we meet whatever the terms are to exercise the option, he can't refuse it, we extend, and now anyone wanting him has to pay a fee. Makes more sense!

Ahh. Just got a reply from Mr Chambers. Seems the option in his contract was in the club's favour. So I guess if we meet whatever the terms are to exercise the option, he can't refuse it, we extend, and now anyone wanting him has to pay a fee. Makes more sense!

Yer just means we now get a fee.

Im guessing Boozys tweet was more of a backhanded dig than anything.