so I take it we took up the option in his contract as oppose to him signing on reduced terms, I take it that maybe another club were ready to swoop and therefore we took up the year and can now get a modest fee for him, bobs your uncle.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yer just means we now get a fee.

Im guessing Boozys tweet was more of a backhanded dig than anything.

Quite possibly. Why would an ex 'keeper congratulate a player who (it would seem) wants out and a club who wouldn't offer him a new deal?

All seems a bit bizarre...

Jacob was reckoned to be half decent so the fact they let him go suggests they think Simpson is good enough to be in the first team.

Jacob left because he was homesick, shame really he was thought highly of.

Fairly sure that Simpson will be in and around the first team squad more this season and will probably feature in a game or two at some stage.

I would guess that LJ has a couple of keepers in mind as first team replacements but from his first game onwards, it was fairly clear that he wanted his keeper to be a key part of setting up attacks and most likely proficient in the sweeping part of the game. This is where, in my opionion, Cisak is lacking. It's a shame that the likes of Flinders at Hartlepool & Lee at Chesterfield are under contract as they're too good to be in League 2 with a good amount of experience behind them (though they're destined for higher things anyway).

We had the option on Cisak, therefore we will have had to either sign the deal agreed 2 years ago or buy himself out of the contract

He will NOT be on reduced terms, it will have been whatever terms were previously agreed. They wouldnt have the right to say your now on minimum wage because we have the option, or your now number 2 so your on 250 a week...etc all preagreed

I think the club has done this to gain a fee because he has made it clear he doesnt want to stay....

when has he made it clear he doesn't want to stay?

I mean you can see why he wouldn't want to - understudy to Bouzanis, too good to be number 2, loaned out to Pompey, recalled from Pompey for 1 game, overlooked by Dickov and Johnson...

hopefully he will stay because he'll offer stability and is a good keeper, but nobody could blame him for moving on

when has he made it clear he doesn't want to stay?

I mean you can see why he wouldn't want to - understudy to Bouzanis, too good to be number 2, loaned out to Pompey, recalled from Pompey for 1 game, overlooked by Dickov and Johnson...

hopefully he will stay because he'll offer stability and is a good keeper, but nobody could blame him for moving on

This was one story from the press:

http://www.chichester.co.uk/sport/football/pompey-latest/keeper-hopes-for-pompey-return-1-4547263

but, for me, he lost focus when he thought he was on his way to Peterborough last pre-season which turned out not to be true. Had the jitters early on and never seemed to recover.

http://www.oldham-ch...765/cisak-signs

Signing but LJ expects him to leave & would only be back up.

I bet he is delighted with the club.

He has got an extra year which he doesnt want, he wont be able to command the same signing on fee than if he was a free transfer and if no club now comes in for him he is going to be backup once again.

Its not often players get screwed by their own contracts but i bet he isnt happy he signed that "additional year option"

Edited by NIKI1234

With the situation as it stands the club have done the best thing.

However... how did it even get to this stage? From the little I saw of Cisak he looked a class act. He was revered almost entirely on here. Had his head turned a bit last summer, by all accounts looked a bit shaky afterwards and the rest is history. Cue "the best keeper we've had since Pogliacomi" being massively disgruntled and most likely leaving for a nominal fee.

Huge shame.

For me we're keeping the right keeper. I'm happy for him to play second fiddle if LJ brings a better keeper in. However I don't think he will bring a better keeper in and surely having a keeper of Cisaks calibre on the bench is a waste of a wage when you can just cover the bench with a youth and dip into the loan market if things get desperate.

The implication in Bouzy's tweet was that Cizak had signed (as in out of choice) rather than the club extending an option.

Doubt any of this is out of choice, maybe Bouzy's tweet was being facetious

Does anything actually need to be "signed" by the player if the club are just choosing to extend. I say this as he tweeted that he only left for Australia last week

I didn't think there was a lot of difference between Bouzy & Cisak. I used to think the thing that shaded it in Bouzy's favour was he had better distribution; but towards the end of the season; he was really struggling with that; so that narrowed the gap even further between the 2 of them.............Cisak IMO is a very decent 'Keeper for this level - yep he has weakness to his game; but if he were to be No1 next season; i'd be fine with that. It doesn't sound like he will though. Hope there's a rabbit about to come out of the hat then on the 'Keeper front; it's such a key position

If we get a better keeper than Cisak as our number 1 then I'll be happy. I'm agree with Sly's view on the Bouzy/Cisak comparison.

If we get a better keeper than Cisak in and Cisak doesn't leave then I can see him going on loan again in September. Cisak is certainly good enough to be a number 1 keeper at this level and below.

I would like us to see if we can get this other keeper in sooner rather than later as it takes time for a keeper and the defence to get used to working in collaboration.

Edited by rudemedic