Perhaps he's doing a Porter & the clubs that are interested are not in England & we'd get no fee.

It's the only reason I can see the club missing out on a fee for him.

I think he's a capable League 1 keeper so a bit disappointed to see him leave. Must be problems behind the scenes.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps he's doing a Porter & the clubs that are interested are not in England & we'd get no fee.

It's the only reason I can see the club missing out on a fee for him.

I think that is only the case if he was moving out of contract and under 24. If he was under contract we could demand a fee regardless of where he went, as we hold his registration.

This is a sad state of affairs. Cisak had real ability, whereas Bouzanis is shakiness personified. We have done poor business in losing him for nothing...

Not that there was much that could be done to rectify the situation after last season mind...

It's unfortunate that it's come to this with Cisak. Last season I thought he'd be an asset that we'd be looking to keep despite interest from higher division clubs.

But Bouzanis earned his place this season when he got his chance. Regardless of the potential of a player, if the back up player has got his place in the team on merit then they shouldn't be dropped. If I was to guess at this point, I'd say that Cisak will spend the majority of his career at a level higher than Bouzanis but this had no bearing on who we selected last year.

With the rest of the team that Johnson builds for the forthcoming season it's easier to judge it on how they work together as a unit rather than on a player-by-player basis, but I think this is the opposite with our keepers. I'm certain that LJ has a replacement lined up and I trust his judgement, but it won't be easy to find a 'keeper as good as the two that have left on our budget.

This is a sad state of affairs. Cisak had real ability, whereas Bouzanis is shakiness personified. We have done poor business in losing him for nothing...

Not that there was much that could be done to rectify the situation after last season mind...

Did you not see the Sheff Utd game? I'd take Bouzy any day but it looks like we have neither. Not too bothered as long as we get some experience in.

Nightmare 2nd Half v Sheff Wed (inc his own Bouzy/Suarez impression in diving over the first goal)

Very slow to react to Tarky's backpass v Stevenage and equally culpable

Iffy First Half at Portsmouth but grew into the game and played a big part in the win

Horrific cross cum shot v 10 man Notts County cost him his place

But sad it has turned out this way as he was a very good young keeper

he was involved in at least 2 should I come or not moments. notably against chesterfield.

This.

If he was that much better than Bouzy, he'd have been our number 1 for a lot longer last season. Both are decent League 1 GKs, who still have a bit developing to do. Whilst there is no guarantee it will happen it is certainly feasible we will have someone better between the sticks in the upcoming season. You can probably get a very good league 1 GK for 75% of what we were paying our 3 Aussies last year.

Horrific cross cum shot v 10 man Notts County cost him his place

I watched it back a few times to try and work out what he should have done differently. I came to the conclusion that it really was just one of those freak moments. If he'd been stood on his back post he'd have not been in any position recognised as "right" by any goalkeeper. Very hash to drop him for that.

But sad it has turned out this way as he was a very good young keeper

This.

sure cisak had more than one changer in his time with us.

Of course he did Gaz. But it's silly to decide a goalkeeper is :censored:e and justify that with a single mistake and that's the point I was trying to get across.

I think Cisak's the better keeper. I think Bouzy's a good keeper. Others have their own views. I think we may be weaker for having released both. Time will tell.

Edited by opinions4u

the fact that the official website doesn't thank him and wish him well probably shows how much of a cock he is.

I picked up on that too. Usually there's a token " we thank X for their efforts and wish them well in the future career" or something similar.

Warming up pre- game & at HT; he cut a very sullen and moody figure; especially after being recalled from Pompey. I'd expect players to be pissed off at losing their place; but when it turns into a full on sticking attitude problem; then its a problem.

Ah well; hopefully LJ has some 'Keepers in mind and we get one of them in. Young Simpson as back up will do for me too; if he's deemed not quite ready should he ben needed at any stage; there's always the loan market - but i wouldnt be averse to see him given a chance.

One clanger in 59 games.

I raise you Bouzy conceding the goal to Suarez. Failed with basic shot stopping as his hands vanished in front of the RRE.

I think they were pretty level on number of clangers dropped (unfair on a keeper anyway where a clanger means a goal - how many from the players in front of them?). But, how many times can you watch all 20 out-field players gathering to the LHS of the half way line waiting for the only goal kick Cisak can take? That was the one real reason I preferred Bouzanis - he might have chucked in a good few erratic kicks but he varied them and picked out a latics shirt in space (not all the time, granted) rather than putting it in the mix in the same position every time.