I would be surprised at him being desperate to sign when it's only early June.

Chambers' tweet is interesting. Of course I know no better than anyone else, but why would he sign an extension just to enable us to sell him in the next few weeks? What's in it for him?

My understanding was that Latics have an option to extend his deal, in which case he won't have a choice in the matter.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With the situation as it stands the club have done the best thing.

However... how did it even get to this stage? From the little I saw of Cisak he looked a class act. He was revered almost entirely on here. Had his head turned a bit last summer, by all accounts looked a bit shaky afterwards and the rest is history. Cue "the best keeper we've had since Pogliacomi" being massively disgruntled and most likely leaving for a nominal fee.

Huge shame.

Agreed. I like Cisak and I've said all along he's a better keeper than Bouzanis. I'd like to see him stay as number one. He's still young, has a lot of potential and I think he'll go on to play at a higher level.

Agreed. I like Cisak and I've said all along he's a better keeper than Bouzanis. I'd like to see him stay as number one. He's still young, has a lot of potential and I think he'll go on to play at a higher level.

Think there's quite a bit of work needed to get him at in at a higher level and I don't know if he'll make the necessary improvements and it doesn't seem likely that he'd do so with us. His shot stopping is fine but that alone is not enough.

I think it was telling that even when Paul Gerrard was managing the first team with TP, he didn't feel the need to try to reinstate Cisak. He mustn't think that he's progressed much in the last 12 months or shown the willingness to do so.

I agree that Cisak is the better keeper, a couple of things need working on if he wants to step up a level.

(1) The command of his area - two fold, too often crosses sail over his head or he's caught in no man's land and secondly he needs to be more rapid in judging when to come out to challenge for a one on one.

(2) As one of the lads that I go to games with says, 'he's 'the only keeper I have seen that wastes time when we're one nil down'. He needs to find that urgency in his distribution after the ball has gone dead. His kicking needs work too, but his coach was never the greatest either!

(3) He needs to cheer up, he looks like one miserable bastard!

All in all he is a very good keeper at this level and reminds me a lot of Andy Rhodes in terms of his ability to make an absolute worldy then let in an absolute nightmare the next. The save he made whilst we were 1-0 down at Stevenage last season was probably the save of the season for Latics. He was also outstanding in clinching our first win at Pompey despite a clanger he got away with early doors. That for me sums Alex up.

I for one will be pleased to see him start the season, but it is seemingly LJ's decision….

Edited by oafcprozac

I fall into the camp that there was marginal difference between our keepers but was more inclined towards Boozie.

Having said that, we have within the club a goalkeeping coach who would have worked with them both and saw more in Boozie than in Cisak.

Also, Johnson does not appear to like either hence Boozie leaving because of some misdemeanour and the club taking commercial advantage of Cisak.

However, if we are looking at Simpson as nr 2, will another goalie be brought in before Cisak leaving?

I always thought Cisak was a good keeper when we signed him as our number 1. I think something has gone on behind the scenes and he doesn't want to be living in this part of the world or playing for Oldham. He has shown more than enough in the past that he is a decent keeper for this level, if he was desperate to play for us I would assume he would be here as number 1. No way he will want to stay as backup and LJ confirms he is likely to be gone so there must be more too it than a loss of form.

This is :censored:ing weird. The news coming out of the club recently is very odd. Didn't the official site state recently that Cisak was offered a deal? Given that they had an option, that would have automatically meant his contract was extended - no negotiation to be had.

This is :censored:ing weird. The news coming out of the club recently is very odd. Didn't the official site state recently that Cisak was offered a deal? Given that they had an option, that would have automatically meant his contract was extended - no negotiation to be had.

Could have been an option that the player could extend for a year without negotiation.

However, if Cisak has said he doesn't want to stay, then LJ would be stupid to take the deal and keep him. I know we could have made money etc. but then you run the risk of keeping a player on your books who doesn't want to be here and no longer has a desire to play for Oldham Athletic.

Two keepers in now then?

I think all they said was that they were in contract discussions.

It does seem strange that we wouldn't automatically renew, even if just to then send him on his way for a nominal/future fee.

Carlo Nash has been released today.