Sidney Schmeltz

If Wayne Bridge had signed for us instead of Reading, and we re-signed a former favourite (!) defender, we could've had a lineup include Sidney Arber Bridge.

Or we could sign strikers Lloyd Opara (ex-Colchester) and Rob Hulse and play a front three of Sidney Opara Hulse.

lol... superb. gave me a giggle that

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Wayne Bridge had signed for us instead of Reading, and we re-signed a former favourite (!) defender, we could've had a lineup include Sidney Arber Bridge.

Or we could sign strikers Lloyd Opara (ex-Colchester) and Rob Hulse and play a front three of Sidney Opara Hulse.

Or play Schmeltz, sign Ian Lake from Newtown in St Kitts and Nevis and loan DAnny :censored:tu from Millwall.........

It's no surprise to me that some people are willing to write-off a player whom they have never seen actually play, on the basis of a YouTube video *all hail YouTube!*. How the hell is a ten minute clip supposed to encapsulate everything about a player? and the second, longer video, does suggest a hint of improvement, plus, he looks as though he has stamina and power to go along with tricky-dicky skills, the likes of which have been missed at BP since the days of Ricky Holden.

The fact that he has moved around a lot says nothing..he is young and it is not unusual (homage to Tom Jones). Young players at Latics' level just cannot win can they? If they stay put, it's because no other club is interested..if they move around, it's because they are crap or trouble makers.

Is nobody going to give Lee Johnson any credit for this signing of what looks to be a potentially good player at League One level??

Well done, Mr. Johnson and welcome to BP Mr. Schmeltz.

I will looks good to me my mate (Villa fan) says after seeing the video reminds he of a poor man's Darius Vassell (pacey with tricks etc.) - the one thing I like the looks of is that LJ is trying to inject pace into the attack with the first 3 signing - defenders will hate this and i think it is good to see as will be able to counter better and take advantage of other team mistake better which we have been too slow to do - also fair play LJ looking far a field to find good players - previous managers would not have been that creative I feel.

Edited by Stoney

I will looks good to me my mate (Villa fan) says after seeing the video reminds he of a poor man's Darius Vassell (pacey with tricks etc.) - the one thing I like the looks of is that LJ is trying to inject pace into the attack with the first 3 signing - defenders will hate this and i think it is good to see as will be able to counter better and take advantage of other team mistake better which we have been too slow to do - also fair play LJ looking far a field to find good players - previous managers would not have been that creative I feel.

Good God : is there such a thing as a poor man's Darius Vassell...

Franz Carr.

I'm looking forward to seeing this guy play. He won't be the finished article because we're a lower half League One side and if he was that good he'd be at a higher level already. But pace and trickery will scare defenders into making mistakes or doubling up on him, which will create opportunities for us even if the final ball may be lacking at times.

I doubt he's expensive, and while a two year deal is a gamble it's nice to see a little risk taking in signings.

Edited by Crusoe

Exactly. LJ alludes to that on the OS; saying sonething quickly about 'its their job as coaches to work with him' in terms of adapting to the English game.

As I've posted earlier; He looks to have the raw elements that you would want. Similar to JCH who also is a player with development needed.

With plenty of work behind the scenes going on with both of them; on final ball, decision making and finishing; they both could be useful additions.

I applaud the move - an 'out of the box' one; here's hoping LJ, via his contacts and scouting network, has unearthed a gem here.

Exactly. LJ alludes to that on the OS; saying sonething quickly about 'its their job as coaches to work with him' in terms of adapting to the English game.

As I've posted earlier; He looks to have the raw elements that you would want. Similar to JCH who also is a player with development needed.

With plenty of work behind the scenes going on with both of them; on final ball, decision making and finishing; they both could be useful additions.

I applaud the move - an 'out of the box' one; here's hoping LJ, via his contacts and scouting network, has unearthed a gem here.

2 year deal aswell which means if he is a gem we should get a fee for him.

or he will be :censored: for 18 months and then perform in his last few months and we get nowt for him...

I'd have like to have seen a lineup with Joe Royle's assistant playing alongside a former Liverpool player, we could have had a Donnachie Babb partnership...

We'll need some coaches in first before they can be coached.

reminds me of Jermaine Johnson looking at that video.

JJ caused defenders of every level all sorts of problems but couldn't shoot. He seems to have found an end product at Sheff Weds so it just shows you have to be patient with players like this.

Hopefully Sid the kid can do the biz

Just checked and discovered I've actually seen Sid play for Almere City. I have relatives who live in Helmond and I usually visit when PSV or Helmond Sport are at home. I was at Helmond Sport when they played Almere City on 1 October 2010. Although they were bottom of the table Almere City were impressive in a 4-2 win, Sid scoring two of the goals. Can't say I remember him but it was the night after my 60th birthday "do" and you can drink in your seat throughout the game in Holland. Looking forward to more of the same from him.

Just checked and discovered I've actually seen Sid play for Almere City. I have relatives who live in Helmond and I usually visit when PSV or Helmond Sport are at home. I was at Helmond Sport when they played Almere City on 1 October 2010. Although they were bottom of the table Almere City were impressive in a 4-2 win, Sid scoring two of the goals. Can't say I remember him but it was the night after my 60th birthday "do" and you can drink in your seat throughout the game in Holland. Looking forward to more of the same from him.

You are looking forward to not remembering him?