MEN/Advertiser Latest

I think if Kirk and carl do re-sign then they have to push on next season at a rate of knotts. Especially Kirk - he made his debut 4 years ago and the signs at the back end of last season are encouraging.

Carl Winchester needs to knuckle down and play where the manager tells him to, then he'll be an asset...

It seems pretty certain Big Jean as gone. If the rag is quoting LJ regarding the two defenders joining (hopefully) then it would follow that it was LJ also mentioned big Jean is going. So where is the big man off to? Doncaster would be my favourites. More importantly who are the two defenders?

Edited by Lags

There are a few teams that have gotten promoted out of this division with a loanee at CB. Yeovil last year and Leicester a few years ago immediately spring to mind.

Plus let's not forget our last year long loanee defender was JYM and he did alright. It is not unusual for teams to sign the player they had on loan.

Using the loan system well is a skill for any lower league manager. Some have definitely used the system better than others.

My finger is hovering over the panic button at the moment, all we are doing is replacing experienced players with kids.

People talking about Clarke-Harris should note that he didn't start most of the games at Bury, and 2 of his goals were scored in the same match.

Looks like the loans are going to be crucial, hopefully Johnson can secure some good 'uns.

My finger is hovering over the panic button at the moment, all we are doing is replacing experienced players with kids.

People talking about Clarke-Harris should note that he didn't start most of the games at Bury, and 2 of his goals were scored in the same match.

Looks like the loans are going to be crucial, hopefully Johnson can secure some good 'uns.

As I said to Frankly, loads of time yet. Chill

It seems pretty certain Big Jean as gone. If the rag is quoting LJ regarding the two defenders joining (hopefully) then it would follow that it was LJ also mentioned big Jean is going. So where is the big man off to? Doncaster would be my favourites. More importantly who are the two defenders?

Whilst I'm not ruling it out, I'd be surprised if he went to Donny. All the noises I heard last year from people very close to him were that he was at his unhappiest whilst Dickov was at the club...

However, Donny have offered him a deal..

Edited by Lee Sinnott

Dayton & Schmeltz are both 24 - relatively experienced compared to signings in previous seasons. Aside from that we've brought in one other so far, and LJ has made it clear he wants a proven striker and is prepared to wait it out. M'voto leaving will free up some budget to bring in good replacements (experience here is contained within the word 'good'), and I wouldn't expect both of the potentially incoming loanees to be complete novices. Budget cut or not, there is money still available: Croft, Furman & Simpson were definitely not on pennies!

Edited by Microcuts

The time to panic is February/March time, not June. We won't get promotion next season, 15th will be a good season by current standards. I believe that LJ is trying to build something and as we have seen with the Lookers development it takes time to build something.

I look for the club being on the right track, there has been very little that LJ has said that I have disagreed with, he seems to have his footballing head screwed on, this close season is a chance to see that in action. Law of averages says that a percentage of his signings will be duffers, as will many club's, the key is him identifying them early and rectifying it either on the training pitch or back in the transfer/loan market.

I want stability at the club, all footballing success is built on stability, we may have a rocky start and pick up, we may start like a train and fade or we might have starts and stops. I hope we have an injury free season and the direction of travel is progression.

Whilst I'm not ruling it out, I'd be surprised if he went to Donny. All the noises I heard last year from people very close to him were that he was at his unhappiest whilst Dickov was at the club...

However, Donny have offered him a deal..

You dont like your current boss, he leaves and joins the competitor, he calls you up and offers to double your salary, would you put up with him?????

You keep chopping at a tree Jamie then it will fall.

We offered deals to Croft, Smith and JYM and all have or are likely to have walked. Byrne could be going too and I expect Wes to push for a move as I've heard LJ doesn't fancy him.

I'd still like to see an experienced CB, Midfielder and Striker arrive. Enthusiastic kids are all well and good and I trust LJ to bring the right type of quality in but when you are knee deep in the muck and bullets of a relegation battle sometimes experience is vital and whilst Dayton & Sid excite me, neither's appearance records are exceptional suggesting there's a fair few injuries in there - especially Sid, moving at that speed at a Baltic BP will ping his hamstrings in no time.

I agree the division will be stronger and Wolves will walk it - Jackett knows this division well….

So…..

New GK

Loanee RB

Tarky

Loanee CB

Grounds

Sid

Mellor

Experienced CM

Dayton

Baxter

JCH

Subs:

Simpson

Glenn

Millar

Winchester

Gossett

Cooper

That's where i'm at

Or it could be a ruse, 'look how :censored: our budget is', 'We HAVE to sell JB to allow us to be competitive….'

BUT ages to go yet, still 7 1/2 weeks to go until kick off and nearly 12 weeks until the deadline, so not panicking just yet. I just want to get to September 1st with JB in the team….

We'll walk this league

If we go through who we have lost,

Cisak and Deano

Furman

Mvoto (if he goes)

Simpson

Croft

They wouldnt be far away the highest earners in the club.....

Bingo

Its not all bad, although individually all are good players on paper, last year for most of the year they were garbage on the pitch.

Overpaid and underperformed comes to mind..

Whether we can replace them with better players, and pay them cheaper, and them gel for a rookie manager is another thing altogether

I'm sure I read somewhere on here that JYM's wages could sign us two players.

As Rummy said, I wouldn't take that as anywhere near the stop where you caught the bus to take you somewhere near the road that the ballpark of truth was at the end of.