How much would it cost to buy Oldham Athletic?

How much would it cost to buy Oldham Athletic?

Not an easy question really.

There is the full cost = total debt + value of assets + profit margin equal to the desire of the buyer

Realistic cost = Debt + small profit

Desperate to sell = seller cuts his losses and takes any payment he can to write of his debt.

What price?

*mods please correct my spelling mistake on the thread title please :sign0007:

Edited by Stagger Lee

How much does the club owe TTA?

Technically speaking nout. As per the accounts, the club has been kept solvent through the provision of shareholder funds (£5.4m), SC and the Trust are the only shareholders.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Gee thanks everyone for noticing my request on the first post for the mods to change the spelling. Maybe if more people read before posting ..... (including myself) :coffee1:

Ha. That's funny. And sad. Equal measures of both.

I know it sounds obvious but if Dr Cool Cash is serious about his claims of taking us to 'the next level' then buying the club and stadium will only be the first stages of his plan.

He would have to invest in the facilities (e.g. build the new stand), playing staff (a few new decent players) and non-playing staff (marketing etc).

He'd have to factor all that extra dosh into his plans with little hope of getting any immediate returns on his investment. Not sure how much it will all add up to but I imagine its a sum of money that not many folks have lying around in their back pocket.

Fingers crossed.

Gee thanks everyone for noticing my request on the first post for the mods to change the spelling. Maybe if more people read before posting ..... (including myself) :coffee1:

Ha - It duz me ed in that people feel the need to correct other posts, yet don't feel the need to actually respond to the question posed (or read).

OK - lets break this down

How much for the stadium? I assume with the difficulties at Salford with another company owning the stadium that he would not want to buy into Latics without either buying the ground or a very long lease at an affordable price.

The value of the club will not be an issue but the vast majority ( if not all ) of potential purchasers would want the land included in any deal.

This is, and will remain as, the main stumbling block in any negotiations.

Will they be willing to sell?

Will they sell at a fair price or at market value?

Will they cut their losses to go?

I think the answer to all these questions would be 'no' and is probably the reason why negotiations with interested parties never seem to progress.