Experienced striker targetted

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaron Mclean? Johnson tried signing him the day he took over on loan, probably be on big wages but id guess money saved from a loaning a gk and cb (which looks likely) would be put towards his wage?

Edited by 4froale

Aaron Mclean? Johnson tried signing him the day he took over on loan, probably be on big wages but id guess money saved from a loaning a gk and cb (which looks likely) would be put towards his wage?

From Wikipedia;

Upon arrival McLean made negative remarks about Ipswich town centre, which resulted in him drawing fire from the Borough Council

Perhaps the new flower display in Oldham town centre was designed just to attract him ? :)

Edited by BP1960

Charlie McDonald (ex Brentford, MK Dons & Orient) apparently.

To be honest, I know some hold out for the marquee signing, but I tend to be left feeling more than a little flat by them. Even though their work rate impressed, even Derbyshire & Barnard left me wondering if they were worth the initial excitement and money. Obviously, it's how you play them and creating the right opportunities for them but I'd rather see the continued development of the likes of Millar than a big name that is first on the teamsheet.

Charlie McDonald (ex Brentford, MK Dons & Orient) apparently.

To be honest, I know some hold out for the marquee signing, but I tend to be left feeling more than a little flat by them. Even though their work rate impressed, even Derbyshire & Barnard left me wondering if they were worth the initial excitement and money. Obviously, it's how you play them and creating the right opportunities for them but I'd rather see the continued development of the likes of Millar than a big name that is first on the teamsheet.

Hope not. His record (apart from one purple patch for Brentford) is pretty underwhelming. No chance with Derbyshire (has he moved on from Forest yet?) but Lee Barnard - playing in a decent team with a decent pre-season behind him - would be seriously handy.

Hope not. His record (apart from one purple patch for Brentford) is pretty underwhelming. No chance with Derbyshire (has he moved on from Forest yet?) but Lee Barnard - playing in a decent team with a decent pre-season behind him - would be seriously handy.

I can't imagine that MK Dons and Orient fans weeping at the thought of losing him

Full name Charles Lea MacDonald

Date of birth 13 February 1981 (age 32)

Place of birth Southwark, London, England

Height 5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)

Playing position Striker

Youth career

1997 Millwall

1998 Charlton Athletic

Senior career*

Years Team Apps (Gls)

19982002 Charlton Athletic 8 (1)

2001 → Cheltenham Town (loan) 8 (2)

2002 → Torquay United (loan) 5 (0)

2002 → Colchester United (loan) 4 (1)

2002 Margate 5 (1)

20022003 Stevenage Borough 16 (3)

20032005 Crawley Town 30 (10)

20052007 Gravesend & Northfleet 61 (39)

20072008 Southend United 26 (1)

20082011 Brentford 111 (40)

20112013 Milton Keynes Dons 52 (11)

2013 Leyton Orient 20 (3)

* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 27 April 2013.