But some are clearly saying that in regard to any offer made that Corney is talking :censored: and Koukash would be a wonderful thing for us when they don't know any facts other than a newspaper article and what Prozac was told.

Why? Just because 1 has told a few fibs or said things some just don't want hear?

And I would say that some hate him, reading some of the vile towards him on here.Yes it is a strong word

Personally, I would think hating Corney is very wide of the mark.

I think people get frustrated at how many times we have been having a new ground / building a new stand etc etc.

People know little or nothing about Koukash, however when somebody comes out and states he wants to invest in a club and take it back to better times is bound to cause excitement.

Corney isn't really investing, more steadying things.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I would think hating Corney is very wide of the mark.

I think people get frustrated at how many times we have been having a new ground / building a new stand etc etc.

People know little or nothing about Koukash, however when somebody comes out and states he wants to invest in a club and take it back to better times is bound to cause excitement.

Corney isn't really investing, more steadying things.

Of course I can understand that I was hoping myself.

But can you imagine if Sc did sell and within 6 months it was announced that we would be moving to Salford?

Maybe SC has done the right thing in this instance

Maybe he hasn't but I don't know the nature of the bid only what someone who has been at the club a decade has said, I hadn't heard of the other bloke before the news broke.

Of course I can understand that I was hoping myself.

But can you imagine if Sc did sell and within 6 months it was announced that we would be moving to Salford?

Maybe SC has done the right thing in this instance

Maybe he hasn't but I don't know the nature of the bid only what someone who has been at the club a decade has said, I hadn't heard of the other bloke before the news broke.

All that we have of Koukash is what he stated in the papers. He has never stated once (as far as I can see) that he is looking to move us anywhere. It wouldn't make sense to move us 10-15 miles away next to the biggest football club in the country.

I don't believe that he has been to see Corney and told him he is looking to buy us and then move us. Why would he tell Corney that?

Would it not come up when he found out who owns all the surrounding land?

Corney has stated at all times to the right owner with the clubs interest. Moving would not be the best for the club

I don't know how these type of negotiations work though

We know nothing about the other fella.

We know of his involvement at Salford which seems to have collected mixed results and though some cash has been spent, it may not go as far in football, even at our level.

It's difficult to establish his personal wealth but he doesn't come from a rich family so the 'traditional' Kuwaiti wealth story based upon oil/ rich family isn't true here. Also, Companies House willl tell anyone of the success or otherwise of past directorships.

We know of his involvement at Salford which seems to have collected mixed results and though some cash has been spent, it may not go as far in football, even at our level.

It's difficult to establish his personal wealth but he doesn't come from a rich family so the 'traditional' Kuwaiti wealth story based upon oil/ rich family isn't true here. Also, Companies House willl tell anyone of the success or otherwise of past directorships.

We are not currently spending any cash whatsoever, only surviving on an ever decreasing budget (even though we made best part of £1m extra, unexpectedly last season).

It's purely a guess, but I reckon he is worth considerably more than SC?

I am not commited to saying that Koukash is what we need. All I am saying is that I don't believe that he has told Corney he want's to take us to Salford.

I can't believe for one second that Koukash would be stupid enough to even consider moving any club to Salford.

For one, it would alienate 90% of the fanbase who would stop going. And for two, there is pretty much already a team in Salford who happen to be pretty massive and really damn successful. So how on earth would a league one club attract any new fans there?

It would be almost as daft as saying "lets build a ground 2 miles away from when the richest club in the country play."

Don't let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy story

What happened to all the unexpected FA Cup money smart arse?

For what it's worth, all I'm saying is that I don't think Koukash was looking to move us to Salford. No conspiracy.

Oh come on. You taking the piss? Do u reckon Koukash would be fannying around with a few quid here and there? Or more like the odd £250k fee? Pointless debating if you want to be pedantic!

Pointless debating if you're going to argue that we haven't spent 'any cash whatsoever' & then say I'm taking the piss when I point out that our first summer signing incurred a fee. There's been general positivity towards the summer recruitment, especially if you include the possible signing of Rooney. Does it matter whether any or all of them required a fee? How sure are you that Koukash would spend £250k fees? I don't know much about RL but the signings at Salford seem to be of players at the tail end of their careers, don't they?

You obviously have experience of Corney's game playing, but please tell everything you know about Koukash?

That's the point, we don't know enough of his intentions to believe he's our white knight.

Though, he's prone to the odd outburst and likes to play the big I am. He's pissed off at the RFL over the ineligible player thing and some have said that this threat to buy a club is more to do with trying to ruffle their feathers. There's enough there to doubt his intentions. It's also worth highlighting that he's not said anything about SC trying to charge to high a fee.

Corney and co 'saved us' but we were a decent business opportunity when they took over. Circumstances have probably meant they've not beem able to fulfil their property ambitions but we were well worth a punt back then.

If Oldham Athletic are for sale without Brassbank, I assume we're worth :censored: all. Guesswork, but could well be the reason the Koukash interest seems to have gone stale.

There's more chance of making a go of it and building a new ground than there is of pushing on at BP. It's been stripped and it's difficult for me to see what incentive there is for new investment at the moment. There's not a lot left.

Koukash seems to be on the ball and, as others have pointed out, there's no logic to moving us to within a stone's throw of Old Trafford.

No idea what's gone on but even with the new stand, it doesn't seem like it's going to benefit anyone other than Brassbank.

What happened to all the unexpected FA Cup money smart arse?

For what it's worth, all I'm saying is that I don't think Koukash was looking to move us to Salford. No conspiracy.

Quite a large chunk of that was spent on barnard and smith. Also players bonuses were astranomical if rumours are true.

Koukash probably saw all that land, and thought it would be easy to rebuild a stadium and make some money. When he met SC he was old that the local mimbys have put a block on that, even though the teams that play on the charity land were offered much better facilities than they have, plus changing rooms. Crazy situation, but that may have been one of the problems.

Am i being stupid or is the fact latics have football league membership worth a tidy sum on its own

We lose money though. Unless there are other sources of income, we're only an attractive proposition to someone who's arsed about the club. I've no doubt Corney wants what's best for us but the only reason he's here is because there were other money making opportunities when they bought us originally.

It might not have worked but it doesn't look as though those opportunities are there anymore. BP used to be a "goldmine" didn't it? The only asset we had (the land) has alreasy been built on and is nothing to do with Oldham Athletic.

Edited by longtimeblue

We lose money though. Unless there are other sources of income, we're only an attractive proposition to someone who's arsed about the club. I've no doubt Corney wants what's best for us but the only reason he's here is because there were other money making opportunities when they bought us originally.

It might not have worked but it doesn't look as though those opportunities are there anymore. BP used to be a "goldmine" didn't it? The only asset we had (the land) has alreasy been built on and is nothing to do with Oldham Athletic.

That sounded like a twatty "FACT" post. Just how it seems to me.