Parking at Latics

Try Clayton Green pub car park. £5 on matchday, but fully redeemable against food and drink in the pub. Usually full of away fans, but have never seen any hassle and usually a rapid getaway.

If you are early (around 2 pm), usually plenty of free places on the street outside (no restrictions where there is no yellow line).

Edited by Fyldelatic

Running low on free parking now, i dont like parking behind b and q, side streets off coldhurst street isnt to bad though.

Permits system coming soon to Coldhurst Street and all the surrounding streets.

The problem is not so much Latics fans but Royal Oldham Hospital staff who park outside residents homes and even on their drives for over 8 hours.

Edited by BP1960

Furtherwood rd facing the ground, kenwood rd,boundary park rd, colville rd and I presume prestbury drive will all be permit parking only, the signs aren't very large so take care.

The paint on the road when you are looking at a place to pull in also helps! Probably worth someone checking the timeplates for times though, they might not apply for evening games

Why not just get a £80 season ticket for parking at the club. Saves on the risk of getting a parking ticket and you don't have to buy food and drink to get your money back.

Obviously works out cheaper than going on the car park at £5 a game if you attend every match.

Barry

Why not just get a £80 season ticket for parking at the club. Saves on the risk of getting a parking ticket and you don't have to buy food and drink to get your money back.

Obviously works out cheaper than going on the car park at £5 a game if you attend every match.

Barry

Problem is Barry it's not advertised very well, a snippet in the Oldham Chronicle and Advertiser might help ?

Maybe next year a car parking season discount to boost season ticket sales could be offered, for example £60 if the season ticket is booked early ?

Edited by BP1960

Problem is Barry it's not advertised very well, a snippet in the Oldham Chronicle and Advertiser might help ?

Maybe next year a car parking season discount to boost season ticket sales could be offered, for example £60 if the season ticket is booked early ?

In fairness to Barry it was on the bottom of the ST form (a very decent place to put it). However, parking at the hospital or the Clayton Green and having the drink you were going to have anyway is cheaper. Not to mention closer to the main stand and some sections of the RRE. Plus the Chaddy if the new turnstiles don't quite work right.

Getting away from those car parks is usually quicker too and they don't have the potholes.

• 1 month later...

Just been for my rotherham tickets and i presumed this restriction was a match day only thing in the streets directly opposite the main stand. However as i was there a warden pulled up ( decent guy believe it or not) and explained its a perminent fixtureday or night match day or no matchday. Apparently nothing to do with latics. Only in place cos of the hospital.

Maybe its me being dumb thinking it was just match days but just thought id put it here so no one else gets stung unexpectedly.

I stumped up for the car park season ticket this year as I always get to the ground late and it is less hassle parking in the car park behind the lookers. It is a ballache getting out of there though, is worse this season, for one game at least there were stewards managing the traffic and it was better but they haven't been there for every game. For either £80 a season or even the £5 per match the least the club could do is pay the stewards to help the car park clear better than a free for all.

I was there about 2 weeks ago, just about to park up and noticed a warden and about 15 cars all with tickets, then realised the signs were there, theres was about 2-3 spaces outside the shop saying parking for club shop users so obviously used that, so easy not to notice them though! Also parking permit holders up near coldhurst street, and i think the plan is for all the streets up there to be the same, think ill be getting a parking season ticket at BP soon!