Peterborough away

This kind of attitude is the reason clubs in this country can continually get away with taking the piss with their prices. What if next season Latics home games went up to £25, would that be OK because it's 'only a fiver more'? Then clubs start charging us £30 for away games, but hey, it's only an extra fiver. And so on and so on...

We had a thread recently where many thought we should charge more

#twentyisplenty

Edited by HarryBosch

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the end it's not just about the extra £5 / £8.

It's the £20 coach fare / £50 train fare / £40 petrol plus beer, food and other add ons. All money that can be spent on other things in life.

No doubt i would have gone through the best part of £100 tomorrow, which isn't easy money for me. I just don't want an unfair part of it going to pay for them to have players we can only dream of at this level

We had a thread recently where many thought we should charge more

#twentyisplenty

Really? Wow. I don't blame the club for charging what they do, what with our attendances (although the price is partly to blame) and in order to compete generally, but I still feel like I'm being robbed every time I pay it. Anything above £20 and I'd stop attending games, it's as simple as that.

This kind of attitude is the reason clubs in this country can continually get away with taking the piss with their prices. What if next season Latics home games went up to £25, would that be OK because it's 'only a fiver more'? Then clubs start charging us £30 for away games, but hey, it's only an extra fiver. And so on and so on...

the exact same with petrol prices, we are fine with 1.38 a litre, then it goes to 1.40 a litre and that's fine, the next minute it'll be 2.00 an you'll be saying oh it's only an extra X amount

This is not going to be a popular post, but if you are a student or aged between 60 and 65, it's cheaper to watch A game at London Road than BP. I bet a few teams fans have a moan about that.

They are charging us the same as their fans for the game in that stand as they have to do. But that regulation doesn't factor in advance discount, less readily available for away fans and differences in pricing structure, but we have taken advantage of that in the past. Whilst I like the theory behind £20 is plenty, football could do a lot worse than standardising those sort of differences.

Really? Wow. I don't blame the club for charging what they do, what with our attendances (although the price is partly to blame) and in order to compete generally, but I still feel like I'm being robbed every time I pay it. Anything above £20 and I'd stop attending games, it's as simple as that.

You missed a couple of cracking home games last season then :wink:

As noted above, there were plenty advocating £24 for the new stand at BP a couple of weeks ago.

You missed a couple of cracking home games last season then :wink:

As noted above, there were plenty advocating £24 for the new stand at BP a couple of weeks ago.

I paid it on those occasions, albeit begrudgingly (football fan in being hypocrite shocker). But seriously, anyone who thinks £24 to watch 3rd tier football is reasonable is a bit of a moron in my opinion.