Peterborough away

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£18 for concessions is a piss take as well, although Stevenage was £19, but I'd never been there before. I couldn't make it this weekend anyway, but I suppose I could borrow leeslover's fake family and swell the non attendees to another half dozen or so. Every sympathy for those who don't want to stump up £28 for the privilege, though.

£18 for concessions is a piss take as well, although Stevenage was £19, but I'd never been there before. I couldn't make it this weekend anyway, but I suppose I could borrow leeslover's fake family and swell the non attendees to another half dozen or so. Every sympathy for those who don't want to stump up £28 for the privilege, though.

I actually could make it now and was tempted in spite of the price, but have decided that my three wives and 19 kids are staying at home with me

Tickets bought, cannot wait!... It was 25 quid at Swindon last year and no-one said anything, agree that its too expensive but massive over reaction

It isn't a massive over-reaction at all. £25-28 for league one football is disgusting. The more people bend over and pay it, the worse things are going to get.

The whole league is too expensive not just P'boro. But if you could afford to go when its £20, then you can if its £25... The whole day with travel, food, drink etc would be £60-80, so the extra fiver wouldnt make a difference if you can afford that anyway.

What you've said is true but you've missed the point for a lot of people.

The whole league is too expensive not just P'boro. But if you could afford to go when its £20, then you can if its £25... The whole day with travel, food, drink etc would be £60-80, so the extra fiver wouldnt make a difference if you can afford that anyway.

Fair enough, individual choice and all that, but when they try charging you 35 quid to go next season is that ok because it's 'only' 7 quid more than this year?

Fair enough, individual choice and all that, but when they try charging you 35 quid to go next season is that ok because it's 'only' 7 quid more than this year?

No obviously its not, I agree that the price is ridiculous. But the fact that its a fiver more than BP isn't gonna put me off going. I'll just have a pint or 2 less

Nonsense. Where do you draw the line?

If you can afford £25 then surely you can afford £30. If you can afford £30 then surely you can afford £35. Hell, let's make it £40.

That fiver can make a hell of a difference to many people. Particularly when it has the danger of setting a precedent for the rest of the division, potentially resulting in another twenty-odd trips that are 'only another fiver'.

This kind of attitude is the reason clubs in this country can continually get away with taking the piss with their prices. What if next season Latics home games went up to £25, would that be OK because it's 'only a fiver more'? Then clubs start charging us £30 for away games, but hey, it's only an extra fiver. And so on and so on...

It isn't a massive over-reaction at all. £25-28 for league one football is disgusting. The more people bend over and pay it, the worse things are going to get.

Exactly.

£20 is pushing it really for League One IMO.

If people whinge but still go, they (clubs like P'boro) will continue to it.

I was going, as never been to their ground, but on those prices I wont be. I object to paying that price.

I'd grumble at that price for Championship TBH too...

Just think... if you'd decided that way instead of going to Stevenage.

I'd have been gutted no doubt. I remember being pleased to have bought a £25 ticket into Leeds despite having another one on the mantelpiece at home. I don't like them trying to mug us for our decent away support by making us Cat A even though we are miles away and :censored:. £20 saved towards latics vs Uncle Ron