massive rumour

Perhaps offering more to beat other clubs to his signature ?

That makes no sense. All other clubs have to do is offer the release fee (not a penny more) and Baxter is allowed to speak to them. There is no strategic benefit to offering any larger amount. It won't buy a club exclusivity.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That makes no sense. All other clubs have to do is offer the release fee (not a penny more) and Baxter is allowed to speak to them. There is no strategic benefit to offering any larger amount. It won't buy a club exclusivity.

It would perhaps depend on how the clause is written but I would imagine that to be the case.

can I be the first in this thread to say I don't want Baxter to go full stop. He's a class act and a joy to watch after the :censored:e I've endured these past 18 years or so.

Totally agree. Lights up a :censored: league. When he's on the ball I get a similalr feeling to when the likes of Wylde, Stainrod and Ritchie were playing ie actual excitement.

Love him.

a lot more than baxter. just watch how easy it is to smother baxter out of a game and count how many times he gives the ball away, 250k ? i would snatch their hands off. not that anybody will offer it, nobody wanted him for nowt in jan,

play him as a forward and then try it.....

being played as a CM just isnt his game

I'll take your 'somebody' and raise you a Simon Corney - it's £250k stipulated by Jose's dad and his agent.

I'm not saying you're lying, you probably are telling the truth. But why has/would Corney tell a fan how much a players release clause is?

I'm not saying you're lying, you probably are telling the truth. But why has/would Corney tell a fan how much a players release clause is?

.....because it was Prozac - someone with a good profile on the fans message boards, and someone who he could trust not to be sensatinalist with the information he was willing to impart. Its £250k.... however, it could've been £0 and 0p if he'd have gone to Peterborough in January, so we should be grateful for what we have.

I really can't see corney being that naive to reveal it. I think he may have said to fans one figure knowing that it would get batted about but kept the real figure between himself and Baxter. As a chairman wanting the most for a player surely he wouldn't give it away!

I really can't see corney being that naive to reveal it. I think he may have said to fans one figure knowing that it would get batted about but kept the real figure between himself and Baxter. As a chairman wanting the most for a player surely he wouldn't give it away!

Takes me back to meeting them and Hardy saying, "Simon, NOOOOO!" the whole time

The release clause, when met in an offer, allows clubs to talk to Baxter but it does not mean that we have to encourage Baxter to go. £250k is probably less than we would want for him, although there are issues in having him in our team, but should a club offer more it might, I say should, encourage us to help Baxter on his way.

Baxter can be a joy to watch but we can't build a team around him unless we know he is going to stay. Neither a forward not a centre midfield so what formation should we adopt?