massive rumour

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silly sod has set himself up for a fall, should have said nowt. The mob on here if we're bottom 8 after 15 games will want him out if the reaction on here and twatter on Saturday are anything to go by.

Just where do people get off abusing players, & manager on facebook and twitter? Two :censored:ing games in and we're doomed according to some. Thus no match report from me on last Saturday as many had decided we're already :censored:ed!

Edited by oafcprozac

As others have said; we signed him for free; and had he not signed a new deal in Jan; he could have gone for a free too...

Whilst £250K is pretty low, compared to say Luke Murphy leaving Crewe for Leeds for £1million, its £250K more than we had before bringing in Baxter for nought.

As long as a good chunk goes towards team strengthening and isnt swallowed up; its not a bad result.

Also - going against the recent trend on here, a big thanks must go to Dickov - he brought Baxter into the club in the 1st place; and then managed to get him to sign the current deal. Ta PD!

I suspect LJ is intelligent enough to know that you have to pay lip service to the notion of 'listening to the fans' whilst actually completely ignoring them and doing your own thing. Something Corney should have learnt about five years ago.

He's obviously feeling a little bit of pressure already and that's expected as it's his first manager role in his career. However, I don't think he should be saying stuff like "Judge us after x amount of games". We have a young squad and I don't expect us to win every game. It's only early yet.

Abysmal?

This is where i'm struggling, yes we started slowly and weren't great but they had one effort and scored. Yes, it was enough but we had chances - a stonewall penalty denied, Adam skied one when well placed. Second Half Schmeltz missed a sitter, two decent headers from Tarky, Jose slips at the vital moment and Adam miskicks in front of goal. That wasn't abysmal, it was simply not playing at our best yet still not taking the chances we had created despite playing average.

For me the key moment was David Mellor limping off, we stopped playing football and resorted to lumping it, but it was still not abysmal.

I think the vast majority can see this is a young side and is a work in progress...?

You would hope so. Unfortunately, unless the real fans keep up the atmosphere, it's the gobby minority who are too :censored:ing stupid to understand that who get heard.

Silly thing to come out and say but it's also a reflection as to how ridiculous some of the reaction has been on here to Saturday. I know it's likely the same for every club in the country but some of our fans are :censored:ing idiots.

Abysmal?

This is where i'm struggling, yes we started slowly and weren't great but they had one effort and scored. Yes, it was enough but we had chances - a stonewall penalty denied, Adam skied one when well placed. Second Half Schmeltz missed a sitter, two decent headers from Tarky, Jose slips at the vital moment and Adam miskicks in front of goal. That wasn't abysmal, it was simply not playing at our best yet still not taking the chances we had created despite playing average.

For me the key moment was David Mellor limping off, we stopped playing football and resorted to lumping it, but it was still not abysmal.

We could've made the same excuses for 75% of the home losses last season. It's no big deal, I don't expect us to win every game and Johnson's not under any pressure but I didn't think Saturday was any better than the times we were :censored: last year.

We could've made the same excuses for 75% of the home losses last season. It's no big deal, I don't expect us to win every game and Johnson's not under any pressure but I didn't think Saturday was any better than the times we were :censored: last year.

Yep, good point.

Part of his manifesto for getting the job was we'd be playing attacking, high tempo footy - in two home games we've only seen 45 minutes of that.

Still think we'll be seeing some comings and goings before the window shuts so let's see how we are looking after that.

Silly thing to come out and say but it's also a reflection as to how ridiculous some of the reaction has been on here to Saturday. I know it's likely the same for every club in the country but some of our fans are :censored:ing idiots.

Why swear on a family forum, can't you construct a sentence otherwise ?