massive rumour

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read the article as more of a "you will know better how we play now after 10 or 15 games" than a judge me statement, think it may have been slightly out of context, I personally still feel positive it's a young gaffer with a young squad and new ideas it will take time. As for Baxter I hope he stays but if he goes to the championship fair play to him

The argument that swearing belies a lack of vocabulary is usually only used by anally retentive presbyterian killjoys.

And the fact Stephen Fry is partial to the occasional well chosen F and C surely exposes the argument as nonsense.

Oh and if general use of the F word as an all purpose adjective upsets you, for :censored:'s sake don't go to Dublin.

The argument that swearing belies a lack of vocabulary is usually only used by anally retentive presbyterian killjoys.

And the fact Stephen Fry is partial to the occasional well chosen F and C surely exposes the argument as nonsense.

Oh and if general use of the F word as an all purpose adjective upsets you, for :censored:'s sake don't go to Dublin.

Takes me back to my mum tutting at me for the odd swear word at a family do whilst my Dublin cousins were using one every third word without anyone batting an eyelid.

Why swear on a family forum, can't you construct a sentence otherwise ?

Sometimes a swear word is the most appropriate word to use and in this case I felt it was. Out of curiosity, do you have an issue with people swearing at the match?

":censored:" in South Wales was always an interesting in front of my dad when I was a kid.

'c**t' is actually a regular and much used term of friendship in Caernarvon.

As in "iawn, you effing c**t'. This means, 'how are you old chap, are you okay, good to see you.'

The difference with LJ saying that as opposed to Dickov is that PD was crap before he made the 10 game comment & I'm sure he said it before the season started so chill seriously. We got beat by Walsall outfit who did a job on us and a very good one

Baxter is unproven above this level properly. Id value him at about £300k so £250k ain't bad business as long as its re-invested the right way with a bit of strength in depth to the squad

The difference with LJ saying that as opposed to Dickov is that PD was crap before he made the 10 game comment & I'm sure he said it before the season started so chill seriously. We got beat by Walsall outfit who did a job on us and a very good one

Baxter is unproven above this level properly. Id value him at about £300k so £250k ain't bad business as long as its re-invested the right way with a bit of strength in depth to the squad

Considering we sold Trotman for £500,000 I'd like to think we'd hold out for considerably more than£300,000 for Baxter... Then again we sold Eardley for peanuts too

still can't believe how good corney did with letting trotman go for 500'00... he's now at Plymouth!!! lets all laugh at preston, played 20 games for us and they valued him at that price - ridiculous

Whilst i'm not saying £500K wasnt silly money; to br fair to Trotman and to PNE, he looked absolute quality in those games fir us; and when he went to PNE he was talked of in very high regard, and had very promising loans to Southampton and Colchester IIRC.

Career has stalled and gone backwards granted, but at that initial early stage, he did look like he could go a heck of a lot higher in the game.

He scored 15 goals last season in a side that finished 19th.

Add to that his Everton pedigree & the fact he's good to watch and he's worth way more than that.

It's academic though if there really is a £250k release cause.

still though it was a big risk for PNE spending that much on him after 20 games? he was class in those 20 games for us but not 500'000 worth

Wasn't he out for a year with us before he came through? All the ability and seemingly the physique but made of play dough