Smoke Bomb in Rochdale road end against Vale & Security?

This is the second time this season this has happened and I am just interested to know if we search away fans anymore???

Reading the Vale forum a guy had burns to his head & another chap had his shirt burned and a young girl nearly got hit in the face with it.

It was lit and thrown by away support and we can be lucky the vale lot are pretty thick or else it could have quite easily been thrown into the home section.

All I am asking is If the security at Boundary park is up to scratch these days and how easy it is to get items in the ground.

Some people got searched at Anfield; didn't stop that bloke sneaking in a blue smoke bomb. Searching is not 100% effective. The people complaining should be complaining to Vale not us. On the You Tube video you can clearly see that there are some coppers not too far away and they don't really move. #notsurprised

Some people got searched at Anfield; didn't stop that bloke sneaking in a blue smoke bomb. Searching is not 100% effective. The people complaining should be complaining to Vale not us. On the You Tube video you can clearly see that there are some coppers not too far away and they don't really move. #notsurprised

Just had a quick look at the Vale forum, myself. There's no distaste towards OAFC. They're directing the anger towards a group of idiotic fans who seem to hijack away games - overly aggressive pillocks putting kids at risk. Seems this is just one in a string of incidents.

No smoke bomb related but - Speaking to an club official after the game one Vale fan was thrown out for racially abusing Connor Brown as he limped past injured. There were also comments made to stewards that racist chants were heard!

Aren't smoke bombs technically allowed? I always thought they were, hence them becoming mildly popular in England now. I knew flares are a complete no-no.

Extract from BP Ground Regulations:

The following articles must not be brought within the Ground - knives, fireworks, smoke canisters, air-horns, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items, laser devices, bottles, glass vessels, cans, poles and any article that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety. Any person in possession of such items will be refused entry to the Ground.

We can't finish a half time pint on some yellow paint saying "Drinking Exclusion Zone" so I'd imagine they're not.

You need the drinking inclusion zone mate. Go to the exclusion zone and turn left then left again. You'll see it straight in front of you.

Extract from BP Ground Regulations:

The following articles must not be brought within the Ground - knives, fireworks, smoke canisters, air-horns, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items, laser devices, bottles, glass vessels, cans, poles and any article that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety. Any person in possession of such items will be refused entry to the Ground.

That's a shame. Was told Derby used one when they played us in the cup not so long ago.

Kinda weird how you could interpret that so that no fans are allowed to even bring flags on a stick...

We can't finish a half time pint on some yellow paint saying "Drinking Exclusion Zone" so I'd imagine they're not.

Interestingly, the Sporting Event act exempts step 3 and lower football clubs from the alcohol in view of the pitch law. So, fans can drink in the stands watching the game in the Evostik league (NW Premier) and below.