Mills extends loan

Think the website have cocked up, extended another month so will be around the county game that it ends. Looks a top player, see how he is for the next month (even though he's looked top every other game) and I'd try to extend for the season.

Heard he's highly rated at burnley and this wasn't going to get renewed but its great news!

I've only seen him on the telly box, but he looks a real class act and with Grounds looking better than we probably expected at CB, can we keep him longer than the extra month? I'm sure someone can quote the loan rules.

Maximum 93 days. Don't think we can extend it longer than that until the next transfer window.

Really good news and would be even better if we could get him signed up

Loved his Beckham'esk dead ball that Rudd had to parry over the bar before the corner we scored from and his industrious running at defenders

Cracking player!

Surely, you mean 'Pointonesque'??? B)

It was more like Beckham I'm afraid to say but is that a bad thing?

Not really..but 'Pointonesque' keeps it at Latics..however, I can see your point too.

I will never forget Pointon's corners causing complete havoc in the opposition's box and the odd one sneaking in.

I remember one hitting the underside of the crossbar and the back of an opposition player's head before going in the net..can't remember which game, though..it might have been against Southampton.

Not really..but 'Pointonesque' keeps it at Latics..however, I can see your point too.

I will never forget Pointon's corners causing complete havoc in the opposition's box and the odd one sneaking in.

I remember one hitting the underside of the crossbar and the back of an opposition player's head before going in the net..can't remember which game, though..it might have been against Southampton.

Yes, I remember one total :censored: screaming at Pointon because his corners were "crap". That for me was the most idiotic example of the many I have seen where our own "supporters" slag off the team. Who also remembers Pointon's amazing volleyed goal against Southampton in the final game of the great escape? Both feet off the floor when he hit it and it went like a rocket. He was a great left back.

What about the other after them that kept going in...to the keepers hands?!

yeah i agree he was hitting them with venom but to many favourd the keeper

if he could get them with that kind of pace and dip just a little outside the 6 yard boxes for players to attack I think we would be a real threat from them