"My Mate's Brother's Sister's Uncle's Son said this......"

I created a Rusnak thread over on Bluemoon the night before we brought the kid in. Obviously the topic for discussion now is his departure.

Check this pearl of wisdom out:

My mates Son is a ressie player at Latics and by all accounts Rusnak was very well liked in the dressing room and in training but found the Manager Johnson's love of himself too much and he saw no point in training in useless sessions, and playing in Oldhams reserves as no point when he could train better and in City's reserves as part of his development. Oldham boss has lost dressing room, is in trouble with officials every game and has confrontation with opposite Manager every game ,the team have kept one clean sheet since pre season have lost 5 from last 7 and Rusnak felt his career was in the hands of the wrong manager despite the chance to get some snatched minutes in League One. I say well done Albert for sticking up for yourself and not wanting association with a bad un. Come back home young man. Get your head down and hope the club can find a better loan and person to work for or go back to Latics when he's gone coz despite the unpopularity of the Manager it's always seemed to be a good club. Apparently the players asked the Manager "why do you turn every article in the MEN around to talk about yourself". He didn't laugh and dropped the player who asked the question. He also picks himself in reserves ahead of teenagers desperate for a career and his nickname is "plonker" coz keeps quoting Delboy as "as del boy says to Rodney fortune favours the brave" when he actually says " he who dares wins". Get your head down Albert.

Also just been told that after spending most of Sat afternoon whilst drawing or winning that the Manager Johnson spent his time callin the Rotherham Guy Fat this and fat that and mimicking the size of him until Rotherham won in the last minute. The players think the goading gave Rotherham the edge for the win and that the Manager had let the team down. When a player said this to the Manager he ordered the players in for training at 7.30-am some leaving their beds as early as 5.00am. Is this hard line hard nosed ignorance really what we want for our players careers ? He then had a meeting and said to a player yoooou why when I put a cross behind the goal in training last week you laughed? But when I scored a free kick you didn't celebrate it or congratulate me? You have to presume quite simply that Rusnak has been used to better? He went on tour and played for us pre season. Not sure loans suit everyone and still think we can get players progressing without having to suffer arrogance ignorance and egotistic encounters in a slideing league one team. Hope Rusnak does not get tarred with this fly by nights adulation of himself.

It's probably true but probably means very little.

Footballers are a precious, self centred, moaning bunch.

I was sat near some youth team players at the end of season game against City's reserves and they were already taking the piss out of him. It's what they do.

They look happy enough out on the pitch compared to previous seasons.

The username wasn't arusnak was it?

Some City fans are getting extremely fickle these days. Could Johnson not have asked him to play to keep his fitness up, or get him sharper? As much as they are harping on about him being better off in the EDS, surely playing reserve games against older, more experienced players, would only help his development further than playing against players that, some of whom, will not make it past the level he would be at at League 1.

Having said that, they were quick to forgive Tevez after he refused to come on, so maybe some of them think it is a footballers right to refuse to play and ultimately get away with it.

I was worried that relations with City would go sour when I first read that he had gone back, but the fact that Vieira has stepped in and told him to come back and apologise shows the kid was probably in the wrong.

Having said that, any post that begins with 'My mates Son' should probably be taken with a pinch of salt.

Edited by dkay570

The username wasn't arusnak was it?

Some City fans are getting extremely fickle these days. Could Johnson not have asked him to play to keep his fitness up, or get him sharper? As much as they are harping on about him being better off in the EDS, surely playing reserve games against older, more experienced players, would only help his development further than playing against players that, some of whom, will not make it past the level he would be at at League 1.

Having said that, they were quick to forgive Tevez after he refused to come on, so maybe some of them think it is a footballers right to refuse to play and ultimately get away with it.

I was worried that relations with City would go sour when I first read that he had gone back, but the fact that Vieira has stepped in and told him to come back and apologise shows the kid was probably in the wrong.

Having said that, any post that begins with 'My mates Son' should probably be taken with a pinch of salt.

Why? Do mates not have sons?

Well done to Patrick Vieira for making him come back and apologise, great big soft :censored:e. If Rusnak ends up a quarter of the player Vieira was i'll be very surprised, escpecially with that kind of attitude.

As Del Boy used to say....."What a plonker!".

Uncle Albert has more chance of making City's first team.

I can't see it myself. I mean, 5 minutes after walking into the ground on match days you can feel the change in atmosphere, compared with last season. Although the results aren't going to plan yet you can see that the players are giving 100%, for each other and the manager. The club as a whole seems a much happier place to be.

Having said that, LJ can't please everybody. There will always be personality clashes. My boss is a thoroughly decent bloke. There are 10 of us in my office. 8 of us think he's great and 2 don't. My personal opinion is the problem lies with the 2, not the boss. It'll be the same with the players. Such is life. Some people are born unhappy as my old Gran used to say.

Has Johnson played in the reserves ahead of any youngster?

City made him apologise and now he has gone - good riddance

Lost the dressing room? you don't play the way we played at Preston with a lost dressing room

Load of bollox!

Edited by palmer1

It just annoys me when people come on here and pass on info then get sneered at

Quite rightly, but this surely deserves to be sneered at! (the OP on bluemoon, not sjk2008)

Apparently his mate's son says that Rusnak told him that Johnson is unpopular and chides players for not applauding his free kicks. On top of that his players like to mock him for his sub-standard David Jason impression. He also seems to think that Johnson is in trouble with officials every match, and that a run in with Evans cost Latics the game (not Mellor's red card).

The guy is speaking utter tosh. Let's all have a laugh and move on.

I can't see it myself. I mean, 5 minutes after walking into the ground on match days you can feel the change in atmosphere, compared with last season. Although the results aren't going to plan yet you can see that the players are giving 100%, for each other and the manager. The club as a whole seems a much happier place to be.

Having said that, LJ can't please everybody. There will always be personality clashes. My boss is a thoroughly decent bloke. There are 10 of us in my office. 8 of us think he's great and 2 don't. My personal opinion is the problem lies with the 2, not the boss. It'll be the same with the players. Such is life. Some people are born unhappy as my old Gran used to say.

Agree with every word.

So, if I've got this right, Mills and JCH giving away a needless corner and free-kick respectively, leading to the second and third goals, was all because Evans called LJ a dwarf and LJ referred to him as fat, and Rov'rum players were more incensed than Latics at these insults overhead on the pitch, because LJ has lost the dressing room.

Definatly city fans with a wooden spoon! Like previous posts have said you don't lose the dressing room and still put in performances that we are! You lose the dressing room when peformances from dickovs era are on show! I know one of the players well as was out with him week before last and he said the complete opposite about LJ. He said always pushes players to get 110%, sticks by his word if he says you will get your chance he will stick to it, everyone enjoys the banter and buzz around training. Young players learning a lot from him and are appreciating the opportunity to go and get experience on loan.

So, if I've got this right, Mills and JCH giving away a needless corner and free-kick respectively, leading to the second and third goals, was all because Evans called LJ a dwarf and LJ referred to him as fat, and Rov'rum players were more incensed than Latics at these insults overhead on the pitch, because LJ has lost the dressing room.

That about sums it up for me... load of old tosh.

I don't know of any latics supporters who expected a manager with no faults. Read any autobiographies by ex footballers and you soon realise that well-respected managers have their favourites, have personal problems, make tactical errors and are disliked by those who don't make the first eleven. Despite this, they manage to get results and win things. Nothing to see here - move along please!