Post Match Reaction , In Advance

Really poor performance today, that as last week (when playing with 11) suggests some sides have started to figure us out. They pressed high up the pitch when level early and in front and sat deep to preserve their point and looked to hit us on the counter after a pretty undeserved equaliser.....worryingly both were successful!

We were too ponderous in possession and our final ball lacked any quality. 5 yard passes are all well and good, but if there is no movement we look as bad as we did today.

Totally agree with someone earlier who said Moore was the best player on the pitch and his use of the ball embarrassed our own efforts.

Due to commitments, I've on only seen the last 3 games but I feel there is as much to be concerned as excited about at present!!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The midfield was awful today. Crewe had the run of the middle of the park. Couldn't string a pass together and there was little or no movement.

I too though Rooney was unlucky to be subbed.

haMore pissed off than worried, but if we don't get a win soon......

Just like Dickov this manager has his head in the sand and can't see two holding midfielders at home hands the initiative to the opposition, at times both were alongside the centre backs.

Crewe did their homework and made sure Smith was given little time on the ball - which is why most moves broke down, it needed an additional strong midfielder in there to give Smith more freedom, the lightweight Dayton nor the inexperienced Philliskirk fitted that bill.

Edited by BP1960

Jesus wept at the doom and gloom. Wasn't great but another changed line up salvaged a draw and ended the losing streak in the league.

Smith wasn't at the races, Wes had a good game and showed what his role is is, Tarky was our best player again, Rooney had a good chance but hit it at the keeper and Sid needs to get the ball in a bit earlier but the strikers need to read his runs better and give him something to aim at.

At times our passing was awful and at others it was nearly where it was should be. We've brought so many new players in it will take time to gell. We nearly shot our selves in the foot but got away with it but at the other end didn't really look like snatching the win. We trundle on to the next game, still without knowing our best eleven, players are doing well in spells and then misfiring, early days and we will get better.

You might have written that in the PD days.

It was just like watching one of his home games today.

Edited by BP1960

There was a severe lack of buzz today. Korey Smith had a shocker, and as most things go through him it stuffed us.

Schmelz didn't often look to beat a man and when he did he couldn't cross.

Rooney missed a decent chance, but was unlucky to be subbed at HT as all 11 deserved the hook.

JCH replaced him and was :censored:. McDonald coming off was a surprise as I thought he was the only one who had a chance of a winner in him. Dayton coming off rather than Schmelz was a surprise too.

So the players were crap, the manager's substitutions questionable and a point is probably fortunate against a Crewe side who will struggle to avoid the drop.

Losing run ended I suppose.

Agreed, except I think Charlie Mac went off as he was knackered.

2 holding midfielders, too lightweight, Johnson is making the same mistakes as Dickov.

There's your problem!

Smith is brilliant, but he needs somebody that can create something alongside him. All our attacks seem to be the same, Wes passes to Smith, he passes to a full back, the full back passes it to a winger and the winger delivers a shocking ball in to the box. No variety and teams are finding it easy to defend against.

Edited by dec666

It's not doom an gloom to say we we're :censored: today. Because frankly, we were. Previously the performances have been good to very good an we haven't got a result. Today was abject, but we took a point. So i suppose something is better than nothing.

Dayton is class if no one challenges him. . Sid played well, but no end product. Rooney was just awful- an I've defended him previously. Smith couldn't pick a pass. To many not at the races.

However the biggest thing for me is the gap between our midfield and front two. Wes an smith sit so deep it's untrue, add in the fact that nothing sticks to Rooney, you just sit there watching how comfortable it is for oppo to defend. Very frustrating. Please please please can we have runners from midfield.

Think you all pretty much summed up what I was thinking.

We looked knackered, lost the ball and no-one was willing to fight for it back in the first half

They knew how to close us down, two men on smith/Sydney most of the time

They knew not to give us time on the ball and run at them

Thought we were lucky to get a point, but a points a point after the last few losses

Thought Wes had a really good game.

Agree with most now, stop messing about with the front pairing, time to chose and let them settle

Almost 10 games in and we've been Sussed, honeymoon over time to roll up the sleeves and start wining and clan sheets please

Now we're is my drink

It's not doom an gloom to say we we're :censored: today. Because frankly, we were. Previously the performances have been good to very good an we haven't got a result. Today was abject, but we took a point. So i suppose something is better than nothing.

Dayton is class if no one challenges him. . Sid played well, but no end product. Rooney was just awful- an I've defended him previously. Smith couldn't pick a pass. To many not at the races.

However the biggest thing for me is the gap between our midfield and front two. Wes an smith sit so deep it's untrue, add in the fact that nothin g sticks to Rooney, you just sit there watching how comfortable it is for oppo to defend. Very frustrating. Please please please can we have runners from midfield.

I keep saying this, but your man is at Halifax Town, 4 goals in 3 games from midfield since he came back from injury and lots more to come.

A step up the divisions won't make no difference to him, he's a top class player, in fact like Lambert he will get even better the higher he goes.

Over 6ft, strong, clever, great vision and distribution and scores spectacular goals.

I know he's not been snapped up yet and many will ask why, but I'm convinced he will play at least in the Championship and possibly the Premiership one day.

It's a shame we couldn't have spent Rooney's wages on a decent, attack minded midfield player.

Until we get one we'll see more performances like today. I'd hate to be a winger for us, no chance of finding space when defenders have nothing to worry about in the middle.

I keep saying this, but your man is at Halifax Town, 4 goals in 3 games from midfield since he came back from injury and lots more to come.

A step up the divisions won't make no difference to him, he's a top class player, in fact like Lambert he will get even better the higher he goes.

Over 6ft, strong, clever, great vision and distribution and scores spectacular goals.

I know he's not been snapped up yet and many will ask why, but I'm convinced he will play at least in the Championship and possibly the Premiership one day.

Our man could have been at Ashton and Hyde last season... banging them in now for Rochdale...

Because we have seen today's performance too many times.

Have we this season? No we haven't. We've seen good, dominating performances that we should have been picking points up from, people have been moaning that we haven't been playing ugly and picking up points the hard way. We do that today, pick up a point and what happens? More :censored:ing moaning.

Zzzzzzzzzzz

Have we this season? No we haven't. We've seen good, dominating performances that we should have been picking points up from, people have been moaning that we haven't been playing ugly and picking up points the hard way. We do that today, pick up a point and what happens? More :censored:ing moaning.

Zzzzzzzzzzz

We were :censored:. I paid. Gives me the right to moan.

Last week we were good at times (after a :censored: first half) and unlucky to lose. I praised. As with the Preston game before.

Disappointed with a point. Several players went missing. Statement of fact.

Yes I'm not saying 'don't have any opinions' I'm just saying that some fans, not necessarily you just moan non stop, I'm not aiming it at anyone specifically. And it's annoying to see, how anyone can say 'Johnson out' or 'get rid of all this deadwood is beyond me' especially when them same ones would have been buzzing with the signings and had high expectations

This was a better performance than those we got used to seeing under Dickov. There is hope in this team. Most are young and will have bad days but they are all, including LJ, learning. Crewe had very little but looked a threat and surely their goal was deflected past our keeper. Another game that we could and should have won on chances when not playing our best. If we are 16th at Christmas I expect a mid table finish and then next year onwards and upwards.

You can't expect what you obviously do. This is a team and a manager in the making. Given time and support, the odd shout from the fans will help, we will do well.

Wouldn't be surprised if we beat Leyton Orient to end their run of wins.

Get a grip!

Yes I'm not saying 'don't have any opinions' I'm just saying that some fans, not necessarily you just moan non stop, I'm not aiming it at anyone specifically. And it's annoying to see, how anyone can say 'Johnson out' or 'get rid of all this deadwood is beyond me' especially when them same ones would have been buzzing with the signings and had high expectations

People moaning about moaning fans gets on my tits more than a fan who is simply venting his frustration of the performance. We were crap today and people are entitled to say so.