Post Match Reaction , In Advance

I take it nobody else has brought lots of players in the lower reaches of football , doubt it.

Today was passionless . The defeat at Preston was a morale destroying defeat imo ,caused by self inflicted stupidity .

How the hell would I know?? I'm not interested in any other club..I was just stating the fact that Latics have a new squad and an inexperienced manager.

They need to build match-time together, as a team, in order to progress. It's not rocket science.

"The defeat at Preston was a morale destroying defeat.."

Is that why they put in a very good second-half at Rotherham?

I think the answer lies more in the task of playing at BP.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How the hell would I know?? I'm not interested in any other club..I was just stating the fact that Latics have a new squad and an inexperienced manager.

They need to build match-time together, as a team, in order to progress. It's not rocket science.

"The defeat at Preston was a morale destroying defeat.."

Is that why they put in a very good second-half at Rotherham?

I think the answer lies more in the task of playing at BP.

I've said it before for years about playing at BP- the players brick it. Funny how the manger and players keep praising the away support. I watch every home game and within 2 minutes the moaning starts

The one person I am convinced will be most annoyed tonight is LDJ. Some utter drivel posted re a young inexperienced side that is still learning and going to have plenty of off days. But we will learn from it and come good because the desire is there. Think some patience required and put down today as a bad one. The division is crap isnt it.... but three wins and you would shoot up. Small margins.

Perhaps playing Orient will do us good or really highlight the issues.

The reason Dan Gardner isnt at a higher level is because he wants to be where he is according to someone close to Halifax. Been on trial with us in past hasnt he?

So was Sami Hyypia.

As in all predictions time will tell.

I've said it before for years about playing at BP- the players brick it. Funny how the manger and players keep praising the away support. I watch every home game and within 2 minutes the moaning starts

I started going to watch Latics with a mate during the 1980s, even then, he used to moan all through the game!!

I guess some people just ain't happy unless they are complaining.

Eight games in..virtually a whole new squad that contains what?..three to four players from last season's definitive starting eleven (not counting Miller, Winchester or Mellor and Montano) and, as of yet, no settled strike partnership..throw in a practically new, young and inexperienced manager. Yet people are talking about "the same old :censored:" or, a "season of struggle".

The idiots and moaning whinge arses on Twitter are even more unbelievable!

Opinions? Yes. We are all entitled to have them and entitled to vent frustrations.

Expectations? Well, that's up to each individual..some of us don't subscribe to this "Now! Now! Now!" mentality that seems to invade every aspect of life these days. some of us are prepared to let Lee Johnson get on with the job of building a squad that, at some point in the future, will get Latics out of League One in the right direction. And guess what? There may even be four sides to the ground when it does eventually happen.

With respect. Wtf are you talking about?? No one is saying the things your implying. The only over reaction is you an others claiming the board has gone into meltdown following today's result. From what I can see the overwhelming majority are giving an opinion on a football forum about a frustrating game. Which it was. Any fans of any football club will pass comment when they've taken 7 points from a possible 24.

We played pretty crap today and got a point, which has got to be a good sign.

We were too slow, Smith and Lanzoni especially, but Crewe came out in the second half to preserve their goal which have us a chance. But it was good to see him change the system in the second half and gamble on the subs, even if they didn't come off.

When LJ decides on his best 11, we'll be better for it because midfield and up front are struggling with all of the rotation.

We played pretty crap today and got a point, which has got to be a good sign.

We were too slow, Smith and Lanzoni especially, but Crewe came out in the second half to preserve their goal which have us a chance. But it was good to see him change the system in the second half and gamble on the subs, even if they didn't come off.

When LJ decides on his best 11, we'll be better for it because midfield and up front are struggling with all of the rotation.

If only he had a best 11.

The midfield was awful today. Crewe had the run of the middle of the park. Couldn't string a pass together and there was little or no movement.

I too though Rooney was unlucky to be subbed.

More pissed off than worried, but if we don't get a win soon......

Really??? He was :censored:ing dross. Never won one header or tackle all the first half!

The league won't wait for us to 'gel'.

We have got no strikers capable of notching on regular basis, unless we sort that then we will do well to stay up.

3 starts. 2 sub appearances.

2 goals. 2 penalties won.

A fit Charlie Mac could be that striker.

Getting central midfield closer to the strikers will also help.

Today was bad crewe must be chuffed with a point after all the goals they have been leaking(2-3) a game,Rooney was right to be taken off today but jch was no better,all the second half pumping balls to the wing for him to head out,all my expectations have well gone out the window after today,I know it's early days but the stats don't lie!!another long season of struggle

Edited by oafc21

With respect. Wtf are you talking about?? No one is saying the things your implying. The only over reaction is you an others claiming the board has gone into meltdown following today's result. From what I can see the overwhelming majority are giving an opinion on a football forum about a frustrating game. Which it was. Any fans of any football club will pass comment when they've taken 7 points from a possible 24.

Did I mention the board going into a "meltdown"?..no.

"Opinions? Yes. We are all entitled to have them and entitled to vent frustrations."..is what I actually said.

I stand by my statement re: the squad/manager being virtually new and needing time.

You should have read my post before spouting-off at me. With respect, that is.

Really??? He was :censored:ing dross. Never won one header or tackle all the first half!

Which put him in exactly the same boat as the other 9 outfield players!!

As an aside, is it jut me or are we losing out on an awful lot at of headers at the back at the moment? Against Rovrum every time they pumped it up they won it, and we lost more than usual today too....

It's fair to say yesterdays performance was the worst of the season to date. Too many had off days and the substitutions for me came at the wrong time and certainly didn't work. Yet we gained a very welcome point.

That one bad frustrating game is just that......the first!. Don't lose the faith over one. We have put in some fantastic displays so far this season.

Did I mention the board going into a "meltdown"?..no.

"Opinions? Yes. We are all entitled to have them and entitled to vent frustrations."..is what I actually said.

I stand by my statement re: the squad/manager being virtually new and needing time.

You should have read my post before spouting-off at me. With respect, that is.

I did read your post. That's why I replied.

'Yet people are saying 'same old :censored:' and 'season of struggle'

Are they?

Some us don't have a mentality of Now, Now, Now.

How do you know that? Can you speak for the some?

You know fans will react when the team plays poorly, surely there can be debate good an bad without generalising about sections of support with nothing of significance to back it up?

Some credit to Crewe. I thought they stopped us playing and closed the space and us down very well.

Johnson seens to like pace all through the team apart from up front. Strange really and I also thought his subs were poor. Dayton was having his best game. Can only assume he was injured.

The league won't wait for us to 'gel'.

Agreed.

Hoping the good (yet fairly fruitless) early season form wasn't just down the fact we were a fairly unknown quantity because a new manager had pretty much rebuilt an entire squad. It's only going to get harder to find the right formula and it looked like, as mentioned elsewhere, Crewe had done their research yesterday, which other teams will continue to do.

Edited by JoeP

Which put him in exactly the same boat as the other 9 outfield players!!

As an aside, is it jut me or are we losing out on an awful lot at of headers at the back at the moment? Against Rovrum every time they pumped it up they won it, and we lost more than usual today too....

They targeted Mills with their number 11, it took us a half to figure out how to deal with it by moving Grounds across. When we did they didn't win anything like the number of headers.

The reaction to this dreadful draw is hilarious. Fair enough, it was a crap performance but all teams have those. It's not a great result but it's not a terrible one either.

From what I've read Mills, Wes, Dayton, Schmeltz, JCH and, most of all, Rooney are now :censored:. So much for promotion, playoffs, Premier League in the next few years...

I'm not as giddy about LJ as a lot of people. He talks a good game, is likeable and appears to have potential but I'll be convinced when he starts producing results over a prolonged period.

That said, I think the signs are promising and I won't be writing him or his players off after ten games or so.

Two things worry me slightly: zero clean sheets and lack of that final ball in creating goals, especially following Baxter's departure.

The reaction to this dreadful draw is hilarious. Fair enough, it was a crap performance but all teams have those. It's not a great result but it's not a terrible one either.

From what I've read Mills, Wes, Dayton, Schmeltz, JCH and, most of all, Rooney are now :censored:. So much for promotion, playoffs, Premier League in the next few years...

I'm not as giddy about LJ as a lot of people. He talks a good game, is likeable and appears to have potential but I'll be convinced when he starts producing results over a prolonged period.

That said, I think the signs are promising and I won't be writing him or his players off after ten games or so.

Two things worry me slightly: zero clean sheets and lack of that final ball in creating goals, especially following Baxter's departure.

This all over.