Post Match Reaction , In Advance

Yes I'm not saying 'don't have any opinions' I'm just saying that some fans, not necessarily you just moan non stop, I'm not aiming it at anyone specifically. And it's annoying to see, how anyone can say 'Johnson out' or 'get rid of all this deadwood is beyond me' especially when them same ones would have been buzzing with the signings and had high expectations

The thing is though, Ross, just as most of us have been raving about the good performances so far this season, so we equally have a moan at the :censored: ones. And today was a game that I've seen a hundred times at BP. Not too dissimilar from Walsall at home earlier this season.

And I'm not sure anyone has said "Johnson out" unless I've missed it...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a severe lack of buzz today. Korey Smith had a shocker, and as most things go through him it stuffed us.

Schmelz didn't often look to beat a man and when he did he couldn't cross.

Rooney missed a decent chance, but was unlucky to be subbed at HT as all 11 deserved the hook.

JCH replaced him and was :censored:. McDonald coming off was a surprise as I thought he was the only one who had a chance of a winner in him. Dayton coming off rather than Schmelz was a surprise too.

So the players were crap, the manager's substitutions questionable and a point is probably fortunate against a Crewe side who will struggle to avoid the drop.

Losing run ended I suppose.

From my seat both clubs will be battling relegation, we were inept today and stats dont lie, we are in battle to stay in league one.

From my seat both clubs will be battling relegation, we were inept today and stats dont lie, we are in battle to stay in league one.

Based on today you're right.

Other performances have deserved 8 points more than we got. Think we'll be fine, but any optimistic hopes of play-offs and promotion should be cast aside.

I keep saying this, but your man is at Halifax Town, 4 goals in 3 games from midfield since he came back from injury and lots more to come.

A step up the divisions won't make no difference to him, he's a top class player, in fact like Lambert he will get even better the higher he goes.

Over 6ft, strong, clever, great vision and distribution and scores spectacular goals.

I know he's not been snapped up yet and many will ask why, but I'm convinced he will play at least in the Championship and possibly the Premiership one day.

I think you've said you've mentioned him to the club before

Can you pass details on to someone who's going to a meet the manager event and they can ask LJ face to face?

Agreed but I also think both clubs (us more so than them) have enough about them to stay up.

Was my first game of the season today. Yes we were utter :censored: but I will be there again. Some observations I made

- Work on Sidney's crossing and we could have a good one in him, but prefer Montano any day

- we have an absolute gem of a player in that Italian right back

- Haven't seen him play yet but is Anton Rogers unlucky not to be getting in ahead of Wes?

- JCH did more in 45 seconds today than Rooney did in 45 minutes, but I still think Rooney will come good.

- McDonald definitely has the potential to get double figures this season, not a bad little fox in the box

so we were poor and got a point. im happy. we got mugged at home to the trannies so from now till march If we play poor and get a point that'll do for me.

LJ still learning. people cant think we will play like we did against preston every week. this is league 1 for peets sake.

and it could be worse. baxters team lost again. if we had him back he could have won that game for us today in 2nd half.

remember all KTF

p.s I predict a win at crawley

I'm worried by the fact we've gone behind in 7 out of the 8 we've played so far. Yes, we've shown character this season but we need to play for 90 minutes.

I was very disappointed by the first goal. With 2 CDM in our team they should not have that much space on the edge of the box to pass it about. Simply very poor pressing and positional play in an area of the field where 4 players are meant to marshal.

However, we've been saying that we've too often lost pretty so far. Today we got a gritty, dirty point. I'd rather we won pretty, but it's 1 more point towards survival so lets not be dejected.

Today was very disappointing, we've been playing good stuff recently but with no results and I think we all expected that today was the day that would see us get 3 points.

Would like to see Anton Rogers get a run out, but can't see him doing a rite deal more than we've got already.

Looking like another long season/

good job RR end serves beer.

Some utter drivel posted re a young inexperienced side that is still learning and going to have plenty of off days.

I'm very much one of the 'it will click soon' brigade, but this 'young inexperienced side' excuse is simply wrong.

Other than the goalkeeper this team is vastly experienced.

Hence the reason I'm shocked Rooney and Charlie Mac haven't created a good partnership. These are players who you would think complement one another's physical attributes and general style of play and have a lot of appearances in the leagues under their belt yet they seem as though they haven't met one another before.

Despite his performance at Rotherham & his moment of madness, I still reckon Mellor is the answer to our CM problem. In the mean time, I'd prefer Rodgers to Wes, nothing against Wes but from what I've seen Smith has played better without Wes next to him...

That game today was crying out for a Lee Duxberry sort of player, someone prepared to attack them loose balls. Too many times today the ball would fall to an area on the pitch where a midfielder should have been. I like Wes, and I think him and Smith work well together against the better sides in the League but I think Wes and Smith in the Centre today limited our attacking options because they're both defensive minded players. I think we should have brought Rodgers on in the 2nd half

Edited by Tommy_Fent

From the minute Crewe scored ,our boys looked like a team who did not believe they could win imo.

Two wins in eight , only one since the crazy opening day (when Baxter featured).

I thought the sale of Baxter was a disaster and still do.

The inability to 'fit' him into the team is not the players fault.

There may be the occasional good win , but I think just like the predecessor's team this one will not be able to string three or more results together & we are in for another 16th - 21st season .

From the minute Crewe scored ,our boys looked like a team who did not believe they could win imo.

Two wins in eight , only one since the crazy opening day (when Baxter featured).

There may be the occasional good win , but I think just like the predecessor's team this one will not be able to string three or more results together & we are in for another 16th - 21st season .

At the time I thought that selling Baxter was acceptable as long as it was to get the most out of the rest of our attacking players. So far this isn't happening, hopefully it will.

As an aside, the Baxter transfer surely has to be the worst transfer of the window so far, as today's point was the 1st that either club involved in the transfer has got!

Age and first team starts ?

Rooney - around 200

Smith 98

Schmeltz - around 100

Dayton 70 +

Wes 113

Mills 71

Tarky 50

Grounds 109

Oxley 17

Lanzoni - 50+

Mac 225

Fair enough Lanzoni and Schmeltz's were in different countries, but don't try to say Scottish football doesn't count as experience.

The starting 11 that I have eliminated the list to are probably near to, or above average in terms of career appearances out of the league. That is not an inexperienced line-up.

Put it this way, I bet Crewe's team have less overall career appearances than our team.

We were poor today, however it's a much-needed point and I'm pleased we scraped one having played better and lost. Also, I'll add that the booing at the final whistle by our fans was very unnecessary. Yes, it wasn't the most exciting match but come on we got a point...

Edited by NewBlue

Eight games in..virtually a whole new squad that contains what?..three to four players from last season's definitive starting eleven (not counting Miller, Winchester or Mellor and Montano) and, as of yet, no settled strike partnership..throw in a practically new, young and inexperienced manager. Yet people are talking about "the same old :censored:" or, a "season of struggle".

The idiots and moaning whinge arses on Twitter are even more unbelievable!

Opinions? Yes. We are all entitled to have them and entitled to vent frustrations.

Expectations? Well, that's up to each individual..some of us don't subscribe to this "Now! Now! Now!" mentality that seems to invade every aspect of life these days. some of us are prepared to let Lee Johnson get on with the job of building a squad that, at some point in the future, will get Latics out of League One in the right direction. And guess what? There may even be four sides to the ground when it does eventually happen.

Fair enough Lanzoni and Schmeltz's were in different countries, but don't try to say Scottish football doesn't count as experience.

The starting 11 that I have eliminated the list to are probably near to, or above average in terms of career appearances out of the league. That is not an inexperienced line-up.

Put it this way, I bet Crewe's team have less overall career appearances than our team.

We were poor today, however it's a much-needed point and I'm pleased we scraped one having played better and lost. Also, I'll add that the booing at the final whistle by our fans was very unnecessary. Yes, it wasn't the most exciting match but come on we got a point...

Stats like this mean nothing.

It should be how many times this set of players have played together as a team..surely?