No pies left

Something really needs to be done in relation to the shocking catering facilities and customer service, at Boundary Park. At all 4 home games this season, they've ran out of meat and potato pies where I sit in the Chaddy End. Unacceptable. From now on, i'm going to bring my own home-made egg butties. Is big Barry Owen around to reply?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I notice they dont even bother opening one of the food stalls under the stand in the chaddy anymore. Shutters are always down along with the empty room that used to be the bookies

Similar to the old bookies in the main stand. Just an empty room now filled with chairs, coat hangers, old advertising boards and plastic tea cups. Edited by OldhamFanatic1

Egg butties have been banned since the Campbell pie in face shocker...nevermind

I remember that - right in that goofy kisser of his! Some damn fine pie throwing.

Its a damning indictment of how :censored: we are at home when thats still one of my highlights of recent(ish) times.

Oh dear God.

What's that meant to mean? Yes, you may think that i'm going 'over the top'. But that's the problem with the club and everyone connected to it - they're happy with rubbish customer service and complete and utter mediocrity. If my letter of complaint to Barry helps and improves the catering department on matchdays, then it'll be well worth it. I'm fed-up to the back teeth of people accepting crap standards. If we want to move forward as a club, issues like this need sorting for the long-term benefit of the club. Edited by OldhamFanatic1

What's that meant to mean? Yes, you may think that i'm going 'over the top'. But that's the problem with the club and everyone connected to it - they're happy with rubbish customer service and complete and utter mediocrity. If my letter of complaint to Barry helps and improves the catering department on matchdays, then it'll be well worth it. I'm fed-up to the back teeth of people accepting crap standards. If we want to move forward as a club, issues like this need sorting for the long-term benefit of the club.

Well said that poster.

All future growth starts with pies first, the new stands and team recruitment can wait.

Football club management document, page 1.

Must admit I agree to a point.

Every good business does the basics right.

And the golden rule: good customer service.

And while we're at it: is it just me that gets slightly garbled sounding Latics Player videos when viewing them from my phone. I'm on wifi. Are they uploaded at a low quality or is it something else?!!

The bottom line is the worse the catering company becomes the more money the club will lose out on. If they are not maximising there profits then when they come to renew the contact with the club they will not pay as much cos they are not earning as much. Its a vicious circle that can only be broke by the catering company sorting itself out. The more they keep running out the more people will eat before the game or bring there own food resulting in the catering contract not being worth as much to the club. Ive no idea how much the contract is worth but every little helps at a club like ours.