Manager's comments

This is the key point. Marginal improvements will make big changes. Losing heart will mean players hiding from the ball and ruining the way we are trying to play. We should support what LG is trying to do and that will support the players as well.

That's it for me LL, it's width of a post stuff.

It's the top of Beavon's head when he's ducking out of the way stuff.

It's Crewe goal taking a nick off Tarky on it's way to goal stuff.

It's awful decisions from the ref in not awarding penalties to us, yet giving soft ones to the opposition stuff.

It will click. Soon. These fine margins will turn in our favour. And all this talk of crisis can be put away, in the file marked "utter bollocks" where it belongs.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We simply stayed up last season, having given the incumbent manager 3 years to cut his teeth, and to be fair until he left we looked like we could go down. We now have a rookie manager, have not made siginificant investment in the squad and have a large number of new players; Could you explain why you would automatically expect progression?

We get a new squad every season. I would rather not have rubbish season after season. Yes we might improve next season but who is to say we will. Lee Johnson has proved nothing so far. I will accept we have played well so far. I hope things click soon but you simply don't know. We need results soon before the fans turn on him. It's a results business and we need them quickly.

We get a new squad every season. I would rather not have rubbish season after season. Yes we might improve next season but who is to say we will. Lee Johnson has proved nothing so far. I will accept we have played well so far. I hope things click soon but you simply don't know. We need results soon before the fans turn on him. It's a results business and we need them quickly.

We've played decent possesion football all season but that counts for very little while we continue to concede goals and lose games. I said to loads of people after the Preston game that I was extremely concerned that we were playing well and still not picking-up wins. What's going to happen when we start playing badly? The manager has failed to replace M'Voto. He's brought in a latvian no-hoper who he's too embarrassed to play. Lanzoni is too slow. Mills can't defend. Smeltz is lazy. Rodgers isn't a player. Dayton is far too lightweight for this division. Philliskirk doesn't do enough during games and he's powderpuff. McDonald and Rooney are carthorses. I don't rate Oxley either. People say that LJ hasn't made a bad signing. I can't think of a good signing that he's made. Even Korey Smith has been poor this season. Yet more poor judgement from the manager giving him the captaincy. Clearly not a captain. How many poor judgements in this manager going to make before the vast majority of fans finally find him out? It seems that they all love him because he tweets garbage. Edited by ChaddyEndRegular

We've played decent possesion football all season but that counts for very little while we continue to concede goals and lose games. I said to loads of people after the Preston game that I was extremely concerned that we were playing well and still not picking-up wins. What's going to happen when we start playing badly? The manager has failed to replace M'Voto. He's brought in a latvian no-hoper who he's too embarrassed to play. Lanzoni is too slow. Mills can't defend. Smeltz is lazy. Rodgers isn't a player. Dayton is far too lightweight for this division. Philliskirk doesn't do enough during games and he's powderpuff. McDonald and Rooney are carthorses. I don't rate Oxley either. People say that LJ hasn't made a bad signing. I can't think of a good signing that he's made. Even Korey Smith has been poor this season. Yet more poor judgement from the manager giving him the captaincy. Clearly not a captain. How many poor judgements in this manager going to make before the vast majority of fans finally find him out? It seems that they all love him because he tweets garbage.

FIFY

We've played decent possesion football all season but that counts for very little while we continue to concede goals and lose games. I said to loads of people after the Preston game that I was extremely concerned that we were playing well and still not picking-up wins. What's going to happen when we start playing badly? The manager has failed to replace M'Voto. He's brought in a latvian no-hoper who he's too embarrassed to play. Lanzoni is too slow. Mills can't defend. Smeltz is lazy. Rodgers isn't a player. Dayton is far too lightweight for this division. Philliskirk doesn't do enough during games and he's powderpuff. McDonald and Rooney are carthorses. I don't rate Oxley either. People say that LJ hasn't made a bad signing. I can't think of a good signing that he's made. Even Korey Smith has been poor this season. Yet more poor judgement from the manager giving him the captaincy. Clearly not a captain. How many poor judgements in this manager going to make before the vast majority of fans finally find him out? It seems that they all love him because he tweets garbage.

:petesake:

Posted · Hidden by Matt, September 30, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Matt, September 30, 2013 - No reason given

Oldham armchair United fan.....Why you here? sad :censored:!

We need a win, scrappy or flashy, and it will turn around; we'll click.

Anyway, nobody should have to justify LJ's managerial position at this stage of the season.

We were raving after PNE, now we're terminally :censored:e after Crawley. Do some fans have no middle-ground?

Posted · Hidden by Matt, September 30, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Matt, September 30, 2013 - No reason given

No chance. Yet another defeat next Saturday followed by draws with Notts County and Carlisle. By which time we'll be firmly in the bottom 4.

Arm chair red.....LaticsLee now following Boston Utd. Sad :censored:

To even talk of firing a guy who saved this club from certain League Two football is total Bollox and disrespectful, It will take time and there's no doubts things are going in the right direction bar NOT getting the rub of the green

Stick with L.J and his signings and enjoy the ride!

To even talk of firing a guy who saved this club from certain League Two football is total Bollox and disrespectful, It will take time and there's no doubts things are going in the right direction bar NOT getting the rub of the green

Stick with L.J and his signings and enjoy the ride!

Completely agree that the talk of sacking him is a disgrace, things take time. The same people who are so short sighted to want him to go now, will be same ones before the start, who were running around telling anyone who would listen that we will be finishing in the top 6. We haven't spent much, have lost baxter & m'voto. Im actually shocked people thought we would do better than this. I predicted survival and thats what I still predict.

We weren't certain for league 2 football last year though. We were 2 points behind with 2 games in hand when he took the job, including a game next vs bottom of the league.

Edited by pukka

Wow! You have just completely assassinated practically the whole team..or should I say the players that Johnson has brought in.

Your rant leaves Brown, Grounds, Tarkowski, Mellor, Wesolowski and Montaño as the stand-out players. Interesting.

No chance. Yet another defeat next Saturday followed by draws with Notts County and Carlisle. By which time we'll be firmly in the bottom 4.

I have to admire your optimism.

If all fans went to the match with that attitude, i am sure we would be relegated by Christmas.

What stance are you going to adopt if/when things turn around, by the way?

Too obvious. The key to being a good WUM, is subtlety!

Wow! You have just completely assassinated practically the whole team..or should I say the players that Johnson has brought in.

Your rant leaves Brown, Grounds, Tarkowski, Mellor, Wesolowski and Montaño as the stand-out players. Interesting.

He must be Dickov in disguise!

Hammering his own players in public now. Bad management from a bad manager.

No different to Harry Redknapp saying that his wife Sandra could have scored that. Or all the other managers over the years saying similar things about certain attempts on goal. Philly's a big lad, I'm sure he can take it...