Mark Oxley

I hope all the haters are going to admit they are wrong about him shortly?

Hes made some fantastic saves and has kept us in a couple of games, yet noone seems to give him the praise he deserves. A couple of low one on one saves this weekend and the fantastic double save from the corner were amongst the highlights, as well as his quick and eager distribution to the wings.

Very impressed and can see why he will play at a higher level.

What 2? Ill give you the Peterborough one a bit silly, but Wes did something similar at PNE and noone panics when he goes into a challenge?

If the defense infront of him was a bit steady and settles maybe he'd be abit more comfortable behind them. He's made some fantastic saves this year, and is much better than either Cisak or Bouzanis.

Hes made some fantastic saves and has kept us in a couple of games, yet noone seems to give him the praise he deserves. A couple of low one on one saves this weekend and the fantastic double save from the corner were amongst the highlights, as well as his quick and eager distribution to the wings.

He's made some good saves. He's also kept a grand total of zero clean sheets in the twelve games so far. I'm not ready to vote him the tenth legend just yet.

I think he's decent enough but he hasn't filed me with confidence yet, had my heart in my mouth when he's spilled it a couple of times from corners and they've nearly bagged. As well as that his knack of how reckless he has been so far has got to be looked at.

But he does have some big pros, his shot stopping is excellent and as well as that his distribution is top class. Just wish he was that tiny bit more commanding and re-assuring!

quick distribution EH???? we'll be playing some quality football and really fast tempo game and the ball reaches oxley and he just slows everything we've been doing down, in my eyes he's a decent keeper (nothing special though) but he does NOT have quick distribution!!!

He's made some very good saves, however, he doesn't command his area and his distribution is slow and inaccurate. He's young and no doubt he will learn but some other team will benefit from these experiences. Would prefer a more experienced keeper who would organise the back four.

He's a class shot stopper. Poor on crosses tho and dominating the box. Pretty good for this level but not great or owt. Must mean I hate him.

This. When shots come at him, he can save some of them. As you'd expect any goalkeeper in the professional game to do.

He is static and stays on his line far too much though, and isnt dominant or vocal enough either.

Average. Bang average Keeper.

Seems that every keeper we sign the trend is to label them crap and drive them out. Overall Oxley is a good keeper yes he his still learning maybe needs to shout a little more with the defence but does not help when they leave him exposed. Personally i think he his improving.

Another over reaction to a theme that doesnt exist.

I think we need to get simpson out on loan again, he should be getting as much real game time as possible while we have rachubka under contract. He may be promoted to number one next season?

Fact he was training with Everton end of last season before he got injured shows he has potential looked good whenever i seen him. I agree about sending him out loan rather it be Conference club or even lower League 2 club get him some experince.

Edited by oafctom

• 1 month later...