Home v Wolves in the FA Cup

Did you know that the last United FA Cup game that wasn't on TV was all the way back in 2005 when non-league Exeter travelled the Old Trafford. Aside from Exeter pulling off a huge shock and getting a 0-0, the money from that tie allowed them to pay off all outstanding debts and kept the club in existence. For all the United games TV pick, they probably missed the biggest one!

Think that one was on tv. It was the replay that wasn't.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grimsby v Scunthorpe was the one for me.

Shortwood won last night. Imagine they'll be in the running. If we do get put on, it will sum up everything that is wrong with football : Wolves being put on because they're a big name! I'd much rather watch the prospect of a Non-League side dumping a League club out...

Wolves are big club, but they are not as big a story nationally in the same way Man City or Leeds were when they fell into this division. I'd even say Forest. Yes Wolves are a "bigger club" than Forest, but Wolves are a sleeping giant. They had 2 seasons in the premier league, but have been a championship club in the main for 20 years or so.

Leeds were 5 years or so from the champions league semis when they fell into league 1. City were the first big side to drop to this level for a long time and are a bigger club than Wolves.

Forest are always going to be "twice European cup winners Nottingham Forest".

Edited by pukka

Did you know that the last United FA Cup game that wasn't on TV was all the way back in 2005 when non-league Exeter travelled the Old Trafford. Aside from Exeter pulling off a huge shock and getting a 0-0, the money from that tie allowed them to pay off all outstanding debts and kept the club in existence. For all the United games TV pick, they probably missed the biggest one!

I remember beating us beating Man City 1-0 that day came onto to the old Jk LATICS looking forwards to threads about how well we played and the first thread was by a member called Bend it like Boshall moaning how Exeter had stolen are limelight. First sign of the keyboard/main stand moaners.

I remember beating us beating Man City 1-0 that day came onto to the old Jk LATICS looking forwards to threads about how well we played and the first thread was by a member called Bend it like Boshall moaning how Exeter had stolen are limelight. First sign of the keyboard/main stand moaners.

Goodricke College boy. Warped views.

The Shortwood v Vale game has been put on for the Monday...

Despite me wanting to have us on the telly so that I could watch that match on the Saturday and us on the Monday, I'm really happy for them. That money will undoubtedly set their club up for years to come. Hope they enjoy their great day(s) like we had last year.

• 3 weeks later...

Some Wolves fans on twitter don't seem very pleased, but they clearly love Oldham!!

Tim Rigby@thetimrigby

Absolute :censored:hole of a town, three sided ground and playing them away in 3 months anyway. No positives to that draw #wwfc #wolves #facup

lex Lane@AlexLane18

Oldham away then in the old FA cup first round. Not the best tie doesn't excite me at all boring comes to mind oh well #wwfc

Mark Bromley@bromWWFC

What a :censored:e draw! F*****g Oldham away! About as exciting as a bag of sand! #AntiClimax #GetJobDone #WWFC

Russ Cockburn@Dwarfio

I mean who in the right mind deserves to visit oldham twice in six months #wwfc

J@JMasters171212

:censored:ty tin pot Oldham away, what a boring draw #wwfc #oafc

Thank you for this post. I love these in retrospect. :laught30: