• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i do believe we don't utilise him well, but still think he's one of a few who give 110% every week, and is the only one currently scoring so in fairness he's deserved to keep his place!

Can't agree with that at all.

I think he has given 100% in the past 4 or 5 matches, but before that he looked very lazy if I'm honest (after an impressive pre season).

His goal on Tuesday was his first goal for some time from open play, in the League (Port Vale in August IIRC).

I never mentioned anyone from last season, because goal scoring last season was a very big problem and until Smith came good with a run of games we were down.

We need our main striker to score more than 1 in 4 or 5 right now, with the chances we are creating.

Yes goal scoring was a problem last year, but that is why I brought it up, we've not struggled to score goals this year, but we've struggled keeping a clean-sheet.

Rooney and Macdonald will get into double figures, if they stay fit enough, this season and I can see us scoring more goals from elsewhere too.

BTW Rooney has scored 5 goals in 17+1 games this season.

Dear me. If people think Rooney isn't good enough for us they are deluded. Look at our squad. We are :censored:e. We have done well to get him. He will chip in with goals, despite having players like Weso 'creating' for him. I can't see how we will end up with anyone any better, we haven't got a pot to piss in.

Shots on goal stats mean nowt. Unless we are missing clear cut chances then the stats can paint a false picture. JCH's garbage free kick will have gone in the shots figures.

I think there are a few on here who need to have a realistic view on our squad. We are in for a real struggle this season. Our main problems lie at the back for me.

What? So Wesolowski is doing :censored:? He is playing the best he has ever played for us..

Edited by lancy lad

Dear me. If people think Rooney isn't good enough for us they are deluded. Look at our squad. We are :censored:e. We have done well to get him. He will chip in with goals, despite having players like Weso 'creating' for him. I can't see how we will end up with anyone any better, we haven't got a pot to piss in.

Shots on goal stats mean nowt. Unless we are missing clear cut chances then the stats can paint a false picture. JCH's garbage free kick will have gone in the shots figures.

I think there are a few on here who need to have a realistic view on our squad. We are in for a real struggle this season. Our main problems lie at the back for me.

For me, i don't think Rooney is one the better players in the squad, although i don't agree with your evaluation of us being ':censored:e.'

Our main problem has been our lack of cutting edge in front of goal - i think we're missing someone up top with that edge to them - currently, Rooney, Philliskirk or JCH don't offer that on a consistant basis.

Where are these loans LJ was talking about?

For me, i don't think Rooney is one the better players in the squad, although i don't agree with your evaluation of us being ':censored:e.'

Our main problem has been our lack of cutting edge in front of goal - i think we're missing someone up top with that edge to them - currently, Rooney, Philliskirk or JCH don't offer that on a consistant basis.

Where are these loans LJ was talking about?

Agree with this, apart from JCH who hasn't had enough playing time...

Shocking BBC highlights. Not been to the game but after hearing from a number of neutrals an the Bristol fans we had by far the better of the first half and even the game. Only for the BBC to then comment in the build up to the goal that Bristol were on top in the 1st half an then made it sound as if our goal was an against the run of play equaliser.

To top it off and contradict themselves they have O'Driscoll on who says we were the better side and thats the worst they have played this season. It shouldn't bother me but it does ha do they have a commentator at these games?

His goal on Tuesday was his first goal for some time from open play, in the League (Port Vale in August IIRC).

I never mentioned anyone from last season, because goal scoring last season was a very big problem and until Smith came good with a run of games we were down.

We need our main striker to score more than 1 in 4 or 5 right now, with the chances we are creating.

Spot on Lancy, I didnt go to the game yesterday but what concerns me is that I read the Bristol Forum and its obvious from reading the comments that we skinned their full backs time and again but in excellent crosses but no finish..... I was hoping to take at least 4 points out of 6 from the last games.

Spot on Lancy, I didnt go to the game yesterday but what concerns me is that I read the Bristol Forum and its obvious from reading the comments that we skinned their full backs time and again but in excellent crosses but no finish..... I was hoping to take at least 4 points out of 6 from the last games.

We need a loan striker for me.

Sounds like we could have had a bagful yesterday.

On a side note, we looked a lot smarter all in blue..

I was thinking that, should keep that as the home kit if possible.

The FLS coverage is terrible, I didn't go to the game but their report seems to be the only one giving Bristol City credit. To not mention the name 'Oldham' once in that 5/6 minute feature is shocking. It's no surprise they're biased, they always have been, but that was really poor.

Weso 'CREATING' shouldn't just have been in inverted commas, it should have been in capitals, underlined and in colour! Midfield is our main problem!

The same Wes who scored a belter in the JPT and has been arguably our player of the last month?

Breaking forward more than ever in his time with us, and not only breaking up play and winning tackles, but driving us on from midfield and working the high press up the field?

Yeah - :censored: that Wesolowski isn't he?

#dickovout

The same Wes who scored a belter in the JPT and has been arguably our player of the last month?

Breaking forward more than ever in his time with us, and not only breaking up play and winning tackles, but driving us on from midfield and working the high press up the field?

#dickovout

This. Wes has been superb for us of late, I think him and Korey need to work out that one of them doesn't have to do all the sitting though.

#dickovout

Who said he was :censored:? He's just not a creative midfielder.

This. Wes has been superb for us of late, I think him and Korey need to work out that one of them doesn't have to do all the sitting though.

Watching the video of BCs goal, keep Smith well away from our own penalty area.