The better team again but made bloody hard work of it.....got to start scoring more goals or we'll be around the bottom half all season. Orient are no flash in the pan, more possession and 20 shots to 10 at Peterborough of all places....to go there and win 3 v 1 is a tremendous result!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1-1 at Bristol City is a very good point.

If anyone offered us that 2 months ago, most would realistic fans would have snapped their hand off.

Sorry but I don't go for this 'play for a point', what's the point of playing if it's not a must win? I'll settle for the point after coming from behind though.

It was important not to lose, but going behind again is worrying. So is 1 point from two games against the bottom club.

Hopefully the break in from the league for the next two games will work in our favour, and we can get some revenge from losing against Wolves and Notts in the league games.

I don't like using smilies or taking pleasure from other teams' struggle, but two words to make us realise it could be worse:

Sheffield. United.

:laught30:

Heh heh heh heh those 2 words also cost me money in the form of a 'swear box' Blue cost the most and that was 50p, in today's money it's worth it :-) Edited by tangerinedreams

We dominated. Easily the better side. Gave them little opportunity to have the ball and when they did get it they were quickly harried off the ball.

JCH was excellent first half, despite delivering the worst free kick I've seen if 40 years with a shot that hit the top left hand corner of the stand. We did create a couple of great chances that only desperate defending allowed them to survive.

And then the sucker punch. They found a spare man on the left, over came a cross and of our three defenders well placed to intervene nobody did anything and their guy got a shot in. There was only one place it could go, Oxley didn't anticipate and remained motionless. We're a goal down. It wasn't deserved but it summed up the season.

Second half remained one way traffic, but their keeper hadn't been tested. We should have brought on pace earlier. JCH kept falling over and ended up being booked for a dive when Latics hoped a penalty would be given - he's a big unit and should be shrugging opponents away, not falling over.

As Prozac tweeted about inevitable defeat I commented about the need to shoot. We'd pinged it about the middle of the park nicely. Spread it wide well. But the shortage of crosses and shots in the second period was lamentable, despite almost total domination of possession. Then JCH fell over, Dayton picked the loose ball up and drifted into the area to unleash a low shot that left their keeper rooted to the spot.

A decent finish. A deserved point that should have been more. But players have got to do more to turn possession in to chances and win these games.

That said, the defence needs sorting. Fix it and we win these games 1-0. They had nothing to do all afternoon and still managed to concede.

A lot of positives from the game. But it does rather reflect on the whole season. We got a point. We should have had three.

We dominated. Easily the better side. Gave them little opportunity to have the ball and when they did get it they were quickly harried off the ball.

JCH was excellent first half, despite delivering the worst free kick I've seen if 40 years with a shot that hit the top left hand corner of the stand. We did create a couple of great chances that only desperate defending allowed them to survive.

And then the sucker punch. They found a spare man on the left, over came a cross and of our three defenders well placed to intervene nobody did anything and their guy got a shot in. There was only one place it could go, Oxley didn't anticipate and remained motionless. We're a goal down. It wasn't deserved but it summed up the season.

Second half remained one way traffic, but their keeper hadn't been tested. We should have brought on pace earlier. JCH kept falling over and ended up being booked for a dive when Latics hoped a penalty would be given - he's a big unit and should be shrugging opponents away, not falling over.

As Prozac tweeted about inevitable defeat I commented about the need to shoot. We'd pinged it about the middle of the park nicely. Spread it wide well. But the shortage of crosses and shots in the second period was lamentable, despite almost total domination of possession. Then JCH fell over, Dayton picked the loose ball up and drifted into the area to unleash a low shot that left their keeper rooted to the spot.

A decent finish. A deserved point that should have been more. But players have got to do more to turn possession in to chances and win these games.

That said, the defence needs sorting. Fix it and we win these games 1-0. They had nothing to do all afternoon and still managed to concede.

A lot of positives from the game. But it does rather reflect on the whole season. We got a point. We should have had three.

thanks for the report o4u

Should he continue playing Rooney ?

If LJ is talking about acquiring someone on loan it should be striker - who can shoot.

strange one that because loan moves are usually either young players trying to make their way in the game or discarded second/third choice players from the league above... out of them options theirs never usually a proven goalscorer (so then we're left with ANOTHER striking option for LJ to decide who to play with??

Sorry but I don't go for this 'play for a point', what's the point of playing if it's not a must win? I'll settle for the point after coming from behind though.

I didn't say anything about playing for a point.

I said it's a good point at Bristol City.

I agree.

I know Rooney has his fans on here but he is struggling for goals and we need someone in with confidence.

Struggling for goals, he's our top scorer and is on course to score more goals in a season than anyone last season.

He isn't going to score every game but he is very good at defending from the front, a important part of our game-plan, especially when we play well, that often goes unnoticed.

Struggling for goals, he's our top scorer and is on course to score more goals in a season than anyone last season.

He isn't going to score every game but he is very good at defending from the front, a important part of our game-plan, especially when we play well, that often goes unnoticed.

His goal on Tuesday was his first goal for some time from open play, in the League (Port Vale in August IIRC).

I never mentioned anyone from last season, because goal scoring last season was a very big problem and until Smith came good with a run of games we were down.

We need our main striker to score more than 1 in 4 or 5 right now, with the chances we are creating.