Baxter or Philliskirk

Baxter or Philliskirk  

137 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion who is the better player

Its not just goals scored though is it? If he creates as many too. And if he gives people that feeling that you got when Jose was playing. That feeling you get that something could happen, that gets you excited.

Seemingly a fair few people were not getting that feeling with Jose Baxter, and if they weren't getting it with him then they aren't going to get it. And for those people I feel really sorry because football must be a pretty boring.

Philliskirk seems a decent player. And I hope by the end of this season he has scored more than Baxter did for us, and created more. But when when he gets the ball, I don't get excited. I don't feel like he is going to do something special. And I felt that when Jose got the ball, because he had that in his locker.

Lets put it quite simply... Danny Philliskirk hasn't even got a song yet (not even people shouting "Philly! Philly!") Baxter had it after 2 half games. And if he signed back for us tomorrow, this poll would be 100% in Joses favour.

I understand what your saying, an for the most I'd agree. However goals is one of the main things that you can compare forwards on. My point is even if Philly get 12 goals, that only 3 short of Jose, an not bad for someone as not seen in Jose class. It's just interesting to me that Jose is rated by some as a farrr superior player. . When in truth, both spent time at prem club academy, were let go- an play in the same division, is he really that much better? Not for me.

We all like flair players like Baxter. They are good to watch- they are also incredibly frustrating. IMO you had to put with sulking, poor work rate, an trying to win games on his own- hoping for the moment of Magic. Philly isn't as exciting to watch, but makes for that with his workrate, and teamplay.

Different players- that could end up with similar goals count.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Go on opinion sharing website

Offer opinion

Disagree with someone elses opinion

Make something up to bolster own opinion

Get found out

Pretend you didnt care anyway[/quote

Right.

Have you got a particular problem with me?

Three times on this thread you've made it about me. Not a difference of opinion.

What I couldn't give a toss about is petty points scoring, you've trawled this thread days after the last post was made, found an incorrect line( which was an honest mistake an general point about their footballing background) an implied I'm an liar. For what? Does that make you feel better about yourself? Pathetic.

• 1 year later...

I was amazed when so many people were choosing Danny P , I just do not see it.

As good as he is , in my opinion Baxter is light years ahead , the best footballer we have had in many , many years.

Not sure on that one. He was good for us but he is in and out of another league 1 side and looks fat, talented no doubt but needs the right attitude.

I would argue that a certain Brentford centre half or Bristol City midfielder may give Jose a run for his money as best footballer in the last 5 years.

Not sure on that one. He was good for us but he is in and out of another league 1 side and looks fat, talented no doubt but needs the right attitude.

I would argue that a certain Brentford centre half or Bristol City midfielder may give Jose a run for his money as best footballer in the last 5 years.

Current or ex Bristol City? The latter, surely?

Winchester will soon surpass Baxter......

Current Bristol City captain(?)Korey Smith.

Who would be the ex Bristol City? Have I forgot someone obvious

If Winchester can't play full games consistently he won't surpass anything. What happened to his January move everyone predicted. Still a way to go for Winchester but could be the best no doubt.

Edited by palmer1

Current Bristol City captain(?)Korey Smith.

Who would be the ex Bristol City? Have I forgot someone obvious

If Winchester can't play full games consistently he won't surpass anything. What happened to his January move everyone predicted. Still a way to go for Winchester but could be the best no doubt.

Liam Kelly is ex Bristol City.

Korey Smith alongside Baxter and Tarky? :lol:

He was largely :censored:e for us though. Undoubted ability but so frustrating.

Harsh. Played through injury for god knows how long, and was very very effective in the 4-1-4-1 that kept us up. Should have done more going forward, but I suspect that they weren't his instructions.