ODriscoll sacked

Obviously it hasn't worked out for O'Driscoll but I'm really surprised that it hasn't. He's done pretty well everywhere else that he's been, playing good football and Bristol City have one of the biggest budgets in the league. Will be interesting to see which level he goes to next.

As for LJ going there, it's possible as he seemed to impress their fans when we played there and he loves the place but, as said above, I'd imagine that he wouldn't yet have the experience required to be seriously considered just yet.

Obviously it hasn't worked out for O'Driscoll but I'm really surprised that it hasn't. He's done pretty well everywhere else that he's been, playing good football and Bristol City have one of the biggest budgets in the league.

I don't think they have, have they?

Wasn't part of his remit to use as many of their kids as possible?

I don't think they have, have they?

Wasn't part of his remit to use as many of their kids as possible?

I think they've probably cut back on their squad but signing players like Emmanuel-Thomas, Aden Flint (£300k) and Frank Fielding and others would still surely have their budget in the Top 5.

Interestingly looking at their forum there's quite a few fans who thought O'Driscoll was turning it around there, even though from afar their record under him looks abysmal.

Not much of a mention for LJ on there either.

Copy of letter that was sent out by Brizzle to it's supporters on this matter, makes for interesting reading?

Dear......

I am contacting you as I believe that our supporters deserve to hear about the most important news directly from the club.

This morning we have chosen to part company with head coach Sean O’Driscoll with immediate effect.

Over this last year, we as a club have made our strategy very clear. The five pillars built around Academy & Youth, Community, Recruitment, Facilities and Financial Prudence are the right ones and are strong. This strategy will not, and must not, change.

We have seen increasing numbers of examples where our strategy has been bearing fruit. It is still early days, but the progress is solid and we are building an enduring platform for sustainable long-term growth.

However, results on the pitch have been poor. We have given the situation as much time as we could to improve but have become increasingly concerned about the club's league position and have decided that a change of head coach will give the club the best possible chance of improving this.

The league table does not lie. We are currently in the relegation zone and have been there for most of the season. This is not acceptable and the board feels that it needs to take action to try and rectify this; we need to move to ensure that results on the pitch keep up with progress off the pitch.

It is vital that we now look to appoint a head coach who buys into our strategy and can help us to continue to grow and develop it successfully. This, of course, includes results on the pitch.

This is an important decision and one which we will take careful consideration and diligence in making.

For the immediate future, first team coach John Pemberton will take charge of the first team for this weekend’s trip to Preston North End and will continue to do so until a new permanent head coach is appointed.

Thank you for your support.

Jon Lansdown

Edited by ronnieblair

He was my first choice to replace dickov when he got sacked at forest. Gutted when we were slow to act and he went to bristol instead.

Just hope - and i think he is - johnson is the type to stick around at kne club long enough to build something and see his efforts bear fruit. Cant see him doing a bruce or a saunders at the first opportunity somehow

LJ up to 60th longest serving manager now.

Of those longer serving in our division I'd imagine Davies, Ronnie and Robinson will be a little twitchy.

Reading the Gillingham boards on Sunday/Monday Peter Taylor was rubbish and needed to go now, hadn't a clue.

Reading the Shrews boards on Weds they seemed to want Turner sacked immediately, outwitted by a rookie!

Hopefully on Monday the Bratford fans will all want Parkinson out since he has taken them as far as he can!

How safe is Fergy at P'boro? One club I would love to change though would be Rotherham!

Reading the Gillingham boards on Sunday/Monday Peter Taylor was rubbish and needed to go now, hadn't a clue.

Reading the Shrews boards on Weds they seemed to want Turner sacked immediately, outwitted by a rookie!

Hopefully on Monday the Bratford fans will all want Parkinson out since he has taken them as far as he can!

How safe is Fergy at P'boro? One club I would love to change though would be Rotherham!

I think they should wait until they go on a poor run up until the JPT area final, then sack him after we smash them 5-0 at their place.