New stand - ticketing options

I don't think you quite understand why people who sit in the Chaddy and want to stay in the Chaddy do so. Which is fair enough, because unless you thought that way then why would you?

The thing is with the Chaddy End, its not just a stand. Anyone who sits in there isn't arsed about the pillars, or the roof, or the "acoustics" (f***ing acoustics. It not the bloody apollo is it?!). We go in there because its home. Because that's where we belong, because we enjoy it and that is what feels right.

Now I'm not saying anyone who doesn't go in the Chaddy is wrong. Far from it. But if you start dicking about with stuff like this, taking us from our home end, then its pretty risky.

I've sat in the other stands. I don't like watching football from the side, so was never a fan of the Lookers, or Main Stand. And I've never liked sitting in the RRE, it just doesn't feel right.

I wouldn't say I would stop going if we were moved out of the Chaddy. But I also can't say I'd definitely continue forever. Look at what happened when we knocked the Lookers down. There were plenty of fans who loved going in that stand, and when they were forced to move elsewhere, going to the match just wasn't the same for them. I doubt there were many fans who said "that's it, I'm not going again" but there's definitely a fair few who drifted away. Knocking the Lookers down too soon was one of the biggest mistakes we made, and it definitely impacted negatively on attendances. So forcing people to move from a stand where they have sat in for decades would be a pretty risky and stupid move IMO.

I can understand that and again it being home is the nostalgic aspect of it.

Also acoustics in football are quite important nowadays, and the lack of that in the chaddy is a concern when hoping to generate an atmosphere to "roar" the players on and give them a boost.

Bradford fans claimed we were the quietest home fans they'd seen in a long while - I was in the chaddy sunday and thought it was rocking and the best atmosphere at BP probably since the Everton game. Like somebody said earlier I just cannot see the benefactor of giving a team a 12th man every week when there is definitely something the club could do about it.

I like the sound of a trial - would be a bit of a ball ache to implement it though probably - but without a trial, how are we going to know?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To misquote British comedic rap outfit Goldie Lookin Chain "Fans don't score goals, players do"

I'm struggling to understand how people can question the impact fans can have on the players. LJ has repeatedly praised the noise created on away days as it helps boost the players and the level of performance. Take the Everton game last year. BP was rocking from start to finish and I highly doubt that the players would have found the energy they did in the last 10 minutes if that wasn't the case. Of course a vocal support makes difference.

I'm struggling to understand how people can question the impact fans can have on the players. LJ has repeatedly praised the noise created on away days as it helps boost the players and the level of performance. Take the Everton game last year. BP was rocking from start to finish and I highly doubt that the players would have found the energy they did in the last 10 minutes if that wasn't the case. Of course a vocal support makes difference.

Makes you wonder why they bother putting 22 players on the pitch in the first place. They should just put a few thousand people together for a shout-off and decide who gets the points that way.

Makes you wonder why they bother putting 22 players on the pitch in the first place. They should just put a few thousand people together for a shout-off and decide who gets the points that way.

That wasn't my point at all. The point is that having vocal crowd does spur the players on and often helps them perform to a higher level than otherwise. Ask any player and I'm sure they'll all tell you the same.

Diego would win it on his own I believe...

Shouldn't an HR man understand the benefits of a motivated workforce?

I find fear is the best motivation.

Also, it's worth noting that most comments I make on 'serious' topics are tongue-in-cheek and/or trying to get a rise out of Diego's Sideburns.

When we beat libpool you could hear us from red barn. Probably the RRE though.

In a packed Chaddy for the JPT v Chesterfield with persistent efforts at songs etc, regularly heard the noise from a moderately full large section of the RRE and a small band of what looked about 100-200 kids at most singing.

In a packed RRE small section for the Liverpool and Everton cup games last season, didn't hear a single decibel out of a full Chaddy in either game.

One stand carries noise to the players, and across the pitch, the other doesn't.

Prices. On the day £23 for new stand, £18 everywhere else, away fans £23.

ST £330 new stand £299 everywhere else.

With the exception of Sheffield United, who, based on current inflation rates, will pay £60 wherever they sit/stand

Edited by L1onheartNew