New stand - ticketing options

Its interesting to read peoples views on whether they would like to look at, or sit in the new stand, when it arrives.

Personally, I feel that interest will out strip supply if the pricing structure remains similar to what is currently in place.

As such, I would've thought the price of tickets in the new stand will be pitched at a level which will ensure some punters will remain where they are. Otherwise every man and his dog will be clamouring for tickets in the new stand.

On the basis there will be conference facilities in the new stand, this will, I would've thought, open up a new type of ticket option ie pre match meal, drinks and match ticket. I'd have thought these ticket holders would get the seats on the half way line.

Then there will be the box holders, who will no doubt have a couple of rows of seats in front of the boxes.

The rest of the seats will probably then be match tickets only, with access to much improved facilities, bar, tv highlights etc - I wouldn't be surprised if these are pitched at £150 - £200 more than current main stand upper prices. After all, the club have held prices for a long spell. In retaining the prices elsewhere in the ground, punters will still have the choice to retain there outgoings at current levels by staying where they are.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as they keep the Chaddy End prices as they are, I think there will be room to increase cost for the other stands. This could allow the Chaddy to become "the people's stand" - a hotbed of Latics passion!

I suspect RRE will revert to away fans only. If it does, charging more than than the Chaddy (it's a better stand) makes sense.

And what are the plans for the mainstand? TV gantry? Close it to spectators? Close the upper section?

Exactly the same prices as everywhere else for me, yeah you might be sat in a new stand, but you still gotta look at the pig ugly two other home stands and watch the same team everyone else is, it's not like at Posh where they have one really mega stand and 3 old structures, our new stand presumably wont be that much more impressive (to look at) than say the Rochdale Road end.

Whilst on the topic of what to do with stands, get the away fans in the Chaddy, its the ideal time, coaches could be parked down that end, when away fans arrive my mini bus/car get them down that end too, and the atmosphere at BP will improve ten fold, as even a small number of our fans in the Rocky will make more noise than 1500 away fans in the chaddy.

It would be ironic though, if this did happen and suddenly the away fans sounded mega in the Chaddy due to say all 2500 singing rather than just the few hundred Oldham fans.

Edited by alex_balls

"Personally, I feel that interest will out strip supply if the pricing structure remains similar to what is currently in place."

I wont be moving to it. The sun get in your eyes in that stand. I only went in the lookers once. Never again.

Think they should keep it flexible tbh as they do now by moving season ticket holders for certain games. If we are playing stevenage on a tuesday, stick them in the chaddy and give latics the rre. If like weekend we are playing bradford or sheff or leeds etc revert to giving the away the full rre and stick latics back in the chaddy.

They do it now why cant it continue when we get a 4th stand

Chaddy - 3200 (I believe)

RRE - 4600 (I think)

^^^^^ Thanks ^^^^^ There may be some games were we have to still reserve the small section of the RRE to away fans even if it is our end. Or would that be crazy / possible ?

It's a difficult situation, being a traditionalist I love the Chaddy end but on a cold and clinical analysis it does make sense to make the RRE the home end. However if the board force the issue next season will there be a load of complaints and 'disgusted' fans who refuse to change and stop going to the game altogether? I can imagine stories in the papers about how Corney is out of touch with the real fans.

Someone is going to have to put some thought and leadership into this.

^^^^^ Thanks ^^^^^ There may be some games were we have to still reserve the small section of the RRE to away fans even if it is our end. Or would that be crazy / possible ?

It's a difficult situation, being a traditionalist I love the Chaddy end but on a cold and clinical analysis it does make sense to make the RRE the home end. However if the board force the issue next season will there be a load of complaints and 'disgusted' fans who refuse to change and stop going to the game altogether? I can imagine stories in the papers about how Corney is out of touch with the real fans.

Someone is going to have to put some thought and leadership into this.

If I remember rightly there was a vote a good few years ago about changing the 'home' end to the RRE, obviously the RRE lost out.

However after a few years of home fans occupying the RRE on a regular basis after the demolition of the Lookers another vote could end in a different result. Worth a try if you ask me.

Of course if I dreamt that that vote happened half of the above is nonsense.

Actually the Chaddy capacity is 3750 which would be more than enough for any away support 99% of the time baring 3 or 4 of the big local premier sides coming in the cup.

The large section of the RRE could be for general home fans and ST Holders and the small section as the family stand where ST's could be reduced for a family ticket.

That would give us space for about 9500 homers in a stadium capacity of 13250...more than enough for a foray into the championship.

I can understand traditionalists not wanting to move from the Chaddy but after a few games with a better view and improved facilities things will settle down. It's an ideal time to do it and could always be reversed when any new development of the Chaddy is completed.

How many ST holders do we have in the Chaddy compared to the RRE?

FWIW I would be vehemently opposed to a move from the Chaddy, not only is it where I've sat for most of my time at Latics but it is really the traditional home end and some things are more important than leg room and pillars. There will be plenty of space for those for whom comfort trumps tradition in the new stand.

If the rest stays as it is and the new stand is full then it will be a row each everywhere else. I could see either the Chaddy or old main stand being mothballed for big games only, and that's if they don't just drop the main straight away

They can't really drop the main stand straight away. There are changing rooms etc that won't be in the new stand (presumably intended for the new main stand in the long-term scheme).

We should NEVER make the Chaddy the away end. Yes, its wank its dingey and you cant see from a quarter of the seats. BUT there are a percentage of fans who would just stop going if we did. We have had fans cite various reasons to stop going, and it would happen again. We cant afford to lose another 10-15% again.

Prices. On the day £23 for new stand, £18 everywhere else, away fans £23.

ST £330 new stand £299 everywhere else.

How many ST holders do we have in the Chaddy compared to the RRE?

FWIW I would be vehemently opposed to a move from the Chaddy, not only is it where I've sat for most of my time at Latics but it is really the traditional home end and some things are more important than leg room and pillars. There will be plenty of space for those for whom comfort trumps tradition in the new stand.

Your lack of concern for the leg room is as valid as Zorrro not caring about ghetto quality of football on display

I realise it won't happen like Monty says above, but the RRE really should be the home end.

In all honesty, the Chaddy is :censored:ing awful - no acoustics, :censored:e view from half the stand where you can just about see the full pitch, continued :censored:e view from most of the seats due to posts. I realise for some it's a nostalgic thing however in the long run moving the home end to the RRE makes MUCH more sense, better acoustics, better view, It's bigger so can house more home fans etc.

Especially if it came to a higher league, imagine being in the championship with most teams bringing 2-3000 in the RRE and drowning us out every week, not ideal at all.

Any chaddy end season ticket holders on here, if you WERE asked to re-locate due to changing the chaddy end to the away stand, what would your thoughts be? Would you refuse to go or just re-locate?

The reason the club usually spouts is that the Police don't want the away fans in the Chaddy, if it was up to the club i dont think they'd give two hoots about 50 nostalgic fans who would refuse to come...

How come the police moan about that? I thought they'd prefer that rather than sitting next to fans like in the RRE at the minute