New stand - ticketing options

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a Season Ticket Holder in the old Broadway Stand during its' last year and I'm currently a ST holder in the Main Stand Paddock (Although bar the first two games I've been in the Chaddy End due to the whingeing dinosaurs that sit around us. It'd be nice to get some sort of priority for the new stand but if it doesn't happen I'll take my chance like everyone else. I will be looking to move back over simply because it's probably where I have sat most and it is the best view in the ground.

Mostly alternated between Chaddy End and Broadway Stand, if the Chaddy End was like it has been against Wolves, Notts County & Bradford I'd be back in there indefinitely...

I realise it won't happen like Monty says above, but the RRE really should be the home end.

In all honesty, the Chaddy is :censored:ing awful - no acoustics, :censored:e view from half the stand where you can just about see the full pitch, continued :censored:e view from most of the seats due to posts. I realise for some it's a nostalgic thing however in the long run moving the home end to the RRE makes MUCH more sense, better acoustics, better view, It's bigger so can house more home fans etc.

Especially if it came to a higher league, imagine being in the championship with most teams bringing 2-3000 in the RRE and drowning us out every week, not ideal at all.

Any chaddy end season ticket holders on here, if you WERE asked to re-locate due to changing the chaddy end to the away stand, what would your thoughts be? Would you refuse to go or just re-locate?

The Chaddy End view is not :censored:e though is it? You can still see the game. You may occasionally have to move your head slightly to the right or the left when the ball is slightly in line with a pillar but you can still see the game perfectly fine. It's hardly like until architects were able to design stands without pillars fans left games wondering what had happened.

The Chaddy End view is not :censored:e though is it? You can still see the game. You may occasionally have to move your head slightly to the right or the left when the ball is slightly in line with a pillar but you can still see the game perfectly fine. It's hardly like until architects were able to design stands without pillars fans left games wondering what had happened.

:censored:e compared to RRE where there are no pillars though isn't it. obviously you can still see the game but the pillars don't make things ideal i mean in some of the seats a pillar is blocking the goal close to the RRE. Plus if you sit near the back (or right at the back) you're half looking at the covering stand.

When there's a stand with a much better view, which is louder AND can hold more home fans I don't see why re-locating would be much of an issue.

to be honest when the new stand comes along though I'm hoping to try it in there so won't be be in either the RRE or the chaddy

Usually im a traditionalist but i cant really take that line having only sat in there on the rare occasions my dad doesnt go to a game and its pay on the day (friendlies jpt usually). the view is awful there is no bar the acoustics crap unless its full and imo lost its tradition before we even played a game in the premiership.

I take the line where we should try to make the most of the hand we have been dealt. best idea so far imo is using the little section as a family stand, chaddy as away section and the masses in the big rre. Priced sensibly i reckon you could attract not lose fans going that way. Yes you would lose a few staunch chaddy enders along the way but with the way the club is shaping up on and off the field i dont believe it will be many and newbies will make up for them.

Those who really do become vocal about losing tradition and refuse to come if home support is moved from the chaddy are simply standing in the way of progress imo and are akin to the nimbys who for years stopped the development in the first place.

I realise it won't happen like Monty says above, but the RRE really should be the home end.

In all honesty, the Chaddy is :censored:ing awful - no acoustics, :censored:e view from half the stand where you can just about see the full pitch, continued :censored:e view from most of the seats due to posts. I realise for some it's a nostalgic thing however in the long run moving the home end to the RRE makes MUCH more sense, better acoustics, better view, It's bigger so can house more home fans etc.

Especially if it came to a higher league, imagine being in the championship with most teams bringing 2-3000 in the RRE and drowning us out every week, not ideal at all.

Any chaddy end season ticket holders on here, if you WERE asked to re-locate due to changing the chaddy end to the away stand, what would your thoughts be? Would you refuse to go or just re-locate?

The only reason I refuse to go into the RRE is because of the 12 year olds who think they're in Green Street, it's embarrassing. I'd imagine when the new stand is up they'll move to another part of the ground as the only reason they go in the RRE is to provoke away fans.

If the main stand was to be an away end, they would IMO need to give priority in the new stand to the season ticket holders who are being moved. You should get a like for like seat. Same row etc.

You can't start moving people to move and not offer them a like for like option - or, you offer them a season ticket at main stand prices. I wouldn't want to move to the new stand and I know I certainly wouldn't get a season ticket if I was being forced to move without the option to have the same view opposite.

Edited by pukka

The only reason I refuse to go into the RRE is because of the 12 year olds who think they're in Green Street, it's embarrassing. I'd imagine when the new stand is up they'll move to another part of the ground as the only reason they go in the RRE is to provoke away fans.

Good point, I sit on the edge of the middle section but they are embarrassing, least if the away fans had the chaddy that wouldn't happen (as much anyway, some would obviously go on the sides closest to the away fans).

there wouldnt have been an issue if they had rebuilt the chaddy end properly back in the day.

they took the cheap option and the end result we have an away stand ( which it will be ) which is better than the home stand.

In my view the chaddy needs knocking down and rebuilt like it should have been.

Forget about the Main Stand, knock down the Chaddy End, it's built terribly, and rebuild it so home fans can have 1 quality side and 1 end, the New North Stand to choose from. If safe-standing comes through then make the Chaddy standing again.

When the RRE becomes all away fans we'll lose whatever atmosphere there is remaining at BP.

The average away attendance in the championship is 1,300. You might get the odd over 2,000 in the Championship, but it wouldn't be that regular.

The average away attendance in the championship is 1,300. You might get the odd over 2,000 in the Championship, but it wouldn't be that regular.

Only 1300?

25 Colchester fans could outsing the :censored:ing Chaddy

If the RRE goes then I think we'll lose a lot of young fans, if the Chaddy goes we lose a load of older fans.

The only solution is to rebuild the Chaddy - get it fit for purpose as a proper home end that the fans deserve, and accomodates everybody i.e. good acoustics, no pillars, beer and the continuation of things like the Boundary Blues tuck shop.

Edited by Mullet

This is a tricky one.

But I admit I do feel frustrated when we are gifting the opposition a 12th man.

When you are taking the financial gain like on Sat, I guess it's fair enough. But it was vital we had the small section against Liverpool and Everton last season.

People who believe it's rubbish and just down to singing are kidding themselves.

The Chaddy was packed and singing against Chesterfield in the JPT, no-one heard us. Only our lot in that stand were competing against theirs.

And even on a typical minor league game, when the kids have come over to the Chaddy to at least get a few songs going; it's slightly painful when you can hear ten kids and a dog from the other side of the ground more clearly than the entire main stand and a hundred attempting singers in yours.

Ultimately though, more away fans sing, so how would ppl react when the away fans in the Chaddy sing louder...

However, I don't see what the club would have to lose by doing a trial over, say, two home league games.

Then it's just a trial - anyone having a hissy fit would just be overreacting.

Season ticket holders could get a free pie and programme or something for having to move.

The issue would get a bit of publicity and the media attention might help the attendance...!

Ultimately, people would vote with their feet, their £ and their voices in those two games.

The club could reveal any financial points of note, the fans/Trust/media etc would debate the change in atmosphere.

A more formal fans' vote, particularly from STH, could take place afterwards.

Nothing to lose in my view.

But my guess is that the club sees little to gain from rocking the boat and creating an off pitch distraction, and is banking on the new stand, and safe standing in the Chaddy, to improve things.

:censored:e compared to RRE where there are no pillars though isn't it. obviously you can still see the game but the pillars don't make things ideal i mean in some of the seats a pillar is blocking the goal close to the RRE. Plus if you sit near the back (or right at the back) you're half looking at the covering stand.

When there's a stand with a much better view, which is louder AND can hold more home fans I don't see why re-locating would be much of an issue.

to be honest when the new stand comes along though I'm hoping to try it in there so won't be be in either the RRE or the chaddy

I don't think you quite understand why people who sit in the Chaddy and want to stay in the Chaddy do so. Which is fair enough, because unless you thought that way then why would you?

The thing is with the Chaddy End, its not just a stand. Anyone who sits in there isn't arsed about the pillars, or the roof, or the "acoustics" (f***ing acoustics. It not the bloody apollo is it?!). We go in there because its home. Because that's where we belong, because we enjoy it and that is what feels right.

Now I'm not saying anyone who doesn't go in the Chaddy is wrong. Far from it. But if you start dicking about with stuff like this, taking us from our home end, then its pretty risky.

I've sat in the other stands. I don't like watching football from the side, so was never a fan of the Lookers, or Main Stand. And I've never liked sitting in the RRE, it just doesn't feel right.

I wouldn't say I would stop going if we were moved out of the Chaddy. But I also can't say I'd definitely continue forever. Look at what happened when we knocked the Lookers down. There were plenty of fans who loved going in that stand, and when they were forced to move elsewhere, going to the match just wasn't the same for them. I doubt there were many fans who said "that's it, I'm not going again" but there's definitely a fair few who drifted away. Knocking the Lookers down too soon was one of the biggest mistakes we made, and it definitely impacted negatively on attendances. So forcing people to move from a stand where they have sat in for decades would be a pretty risky and stupid move IMO.

When the RRE was finished am i right in thinkink the club asked if the "Chaddy Enders" wanted to move andput away fans in the Chaddy?

Someone will know where but wasn't the reaction from the fans that they didn't want to move because the wind and rain blows up the hill and soaks the front third of the RRE.

Back then the move was never likely but I understand times change. I see that the younger generation have been brought up in the RRE and don't remember the Chaddy rocking. Times change and it probably wouldn't be a disaster to change ends but really "is there a need"?????

Only 1300?

If the RRE goes then I think we'll lose a lot of young fans, if the Chaddy goes we lose a load of older fans.

The only solution is to rebuild the Chaddy - get it fit for purpose as a proper home end that the fans deserve, and accomodates everybody i.e. good acoustics, no pillars, beer and the continuation of things like the Boundary Blues tuck shop.

How very simple, I'm sure Corney can just dig in his pockets and find a few million for another new stand. How did we not think of this before?

Only 1300?

They probably could, and most weeks they could outsing the Latics bit of the RRE. But then again, there were 2,700 big daft Yorkies in the RRE on Sunday and for the most part they were quiet as mice.

Edited by dave_ragg1984