New stand - ticketing options

How very simple, I'm sure Corney can just dig in his pockets and find a few million for another new stand. How did we not think of this before?

It is very simple: people stop being stubborn. But as some won't yield to allowing home fans occupy the far superior stand, Corney was prepared to pay for a new stadium in Failsworth.

They probably could, and most weeks they could outsing the Latics bit of the RRE. But then again, there were 2,700 big daft Yorkies in the RRE on Sunday and for the most part they were quiet as mice.

They weren't. From the Main Stand they were very loud. The Chaddy on the other hand...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is very simple: people stop being stubborn. But as some won't yield to allowing home fans occupy the far superior stand, Corney was prepared to pay for a new stadium in Failsworth.

They weren't. From the Main Stand they were very loud. The Chaddy on the other hand...

Failsworth is long gone now....

Can the acoustic engineers amongst us explain why the noise from the RRE is louder than the Chaddy.

Back in the day, when we used to get big crowds and Chaddy Enders were prepared to sing, you could even here the Chaddy End up Sheepfoot Lane before kick-off.

Nowadays there is an urban myth that it's all the fault of the Chaddy End roof. It's been stated on here many times that the roof a different shape nowadays to what it was in the Joe Royle era. I put this to Alan Hardy in 2008 and he replied as follows:

At the end of the 90/91 season we put a new roof on but we left the original steelwork in place so it really is the same type of roof now that it was pre-90.

Back in the day, when we used to get big crowds and Chaddy Enders were prepared to sing, you could even here the Chaddy End up Sheepfoot Lane before kick-off.

Nowadays there is an urban myth that it's all the fault of the Chaddy End roof. It's been stated on here many times that the roof a different shape nowadays to what it was in the Joe Royle era. I put this to Alan Hardy in 2008 and he replied as follows:

At the end of the 90/91 season we put a new roof on but we left the original steelwork in place so it really is the same type of roof now that it was pre-90.

they may not of altered the roof but they did alter the terrace underneath completely altering the rake of the terrace to accommodate seating plus the old chaddy had the large section at the back on wooden floorboards with a large echoy undercroft full off ???? also 3200 satdown chuntering is never gonna get anywhere near the volume of 9/11,000 of the old chaddy in its heyday .wasnt it Warnock who stated that we had nuetered the chaddy in season 91/92 compared with the previous seasons where they and i quote "sucked the ball " into the back of the net with there noise .

I wondered how long it would be...

Its interesting to read peoples views on whether they would like to look at, or sit in the new stand, when it arrives.

Personally, I feel that interest will out strip supply if the pricing structure remains similar to what is currently in place.

As such, I would've thought the price of tickets in the new stand will be pitched at a level which will ensure some punters will remain where they are. Otherwise every man and his dog will be clamouring for tickets in the new stand.

On the basis there will be conference facilities in the new stand, this will, I would've thought, open up a new type of ticket option ie pre match meal, drinks and match ticket. I'd have thought these ticket holders would get the seats on the half way line.

Then there will be the box holders, who will no doubt have a couple of rows of seats in front of the boxes.

The rest of the seats will probably then be match tickets only, with access to much improved facilities, bar, tv highlights etc - I wouldn't be surprised if these are pitched at £150 - £200 more than current main stand upper prices. After all, the club have held prices for a long spell. In retaining the prices elsewhere in the ground, punters will still have the choice to retain there outgoings at current levels by staying where they are.

Can't agree with all that.

No offence but you have way over thought the situation. Who on earth is going to pay nigh on £500 to watch 3rd division football?

they may not of altered the roof but they did alter the terrace underneath completely altering the rake of the terrace to accommodate seating plus the old chaddy had the large section at the back on wooden floorboards with a large echoy undercroft full off ???? also 3200 satdown chuntering is never gonna get anywhere near the volume of 9/11,000 of the old chaddy in its heyday .wasnt it Warnock who stated that we had nuetered the chaddy in season 91/92 compared with the previous seasons where they and i quote "sucked the ball " into the back of the net with there noise .

You're right about chuntering never getting anywhere near singing when it comes to volume.

The reason the club usually spouts is that the Police don't want the away fans in the Chaddy, if it was up to the club i dont think they'd give two hoots about 50 nostalgic fans who would refuse to come...

The problem used to be the Clayton Arms - not wanting home fans coming out of there among the away

I don't think you quite understand why people who sit in the Chaddy and want to stay in the Chaddy do so. Which is fair enough, because unless you thought that way then why would you?

The thing is with the Chaddy End, its not just a stand. Anyone who sits in there isn't arsed about the pillars, or the roof, or the "acoustics" (f***ing acoustics. It not the bloody apollo is it?!). We go in there because its home. Because that's where we belong, because we enjoy it and that is what feels right.

Now I'm not saying anyone who doesn't go in the Chaddy is wrong. Far from it. But if you start dicking about with stuff like this, taking us from our home end, then its pretty risky.

I've sat in the other stands. I don't like watching football from the side, so was never a fan of the Lookers, or Main Stand. And I've never liked sitting in the RRE, it just doesn't feel right.

I wouldn't say I would stop going if we were moved out of the Chaddy. But I also can't say I'd definitely continue forever. Look at what happened when we knocked the Lookers down. There were plenty of fans who loved going in that stand, and when they were forced to move elsewhere, going to the match just wasn't the same for them. I doubt there were many fans who said "that's it, I'm not going again" but there's definitely a fair few who drifted away. Knocking the Lookers down too soon was one of the biggest mistakes we made, and it definitely impacted negatively on attendances. So forcing people to move from a stand where they have sat in for decades would be a pretty risky and stupid move IMO.

Spot on.

Noise travels by the line of sight, if you sit towards the back of the Chaddy you cannot see much higher than the oppositions goal if I remember rightly. This means that some of the noise will be reflected back into the stand. The Rochdale Road Stand doesn't suffer the same issue thus is more efficient in producing sound.

Noise travels by the line of sight, if you sit towards the back of the Chaddy you cannot see much higher than the oppositions goal if I remember rightly. This means that some of the noise will be reflected back into the stand. The Rochdale Road Stand doesn't suffer the same issue thus is more efficient in producing sound.

So, if those sitting towards the back ask LJ to give 'em a wave, he can't hear them. Luckily, the bulk of those who insist on singing don't sit towards the back.

If enough voices are raised, there's no problem.

So, if those sitting towards the back ask LJ to give 'em a wave, he can't hear them. Luckily, the bulk of those who insist on singing don't sit towards the back.

If enough voices are raised, there's no problem.

I disagree as the problem is relative to the RRE and we never had a crossover between a standing Chaddy and a new RRE.

In a straight fight between a standing Chaddy with its old roof and a decent away crowd in the new RRE, I bet the latter would come off best.