Why Mandela's release is remembered but not indelibly on my brain

Bin Laden was not fighting for recognition of a race, for a continent plundered by the Western World for Centuries. Unlike Mandela who wanted Africa and the black peoples therein to have a voice.

Bin Laden was simply pissed off that the Allies in 1990-91 refused his offer of support and instead launched attacks from perceived sacred Saudi soil in order to attack Muslim nations. He was definitely not a freedom fighter more a rich moralist in his eyes protecting the rights of the middle Eastern Sheiks to police sacred Muslim soil themselves rather than surrendering to the will of the Western infidel. Probably the PC term is a religious fundamentalist or increasingly what we know as a radical muslim. Either way I suspect he's not enjoying his 70 virgins in paradise as a martyr, more burning in hell with Hattie Jacques sat on his face for all eternity.....

And maybe so, that the term is perhaps inaccurate but you only have to look over to Northern Ireland to see that Adams - a man who's voice was banned from being broadcast for years and his former IRA General McGuiness are now prominent players in the Governing of a Province they helped tear apart in the 70s and 80s.

Edited by oafcprozac

Bin Laden was not fighting for recognition of a race, for a continent plundered by the Western World for Centuries. Unlike Mandela who wanted Africa and the black peoples therein to have a voice.

Bin Laden was simply pissed off that the Allies in 1990-91 refused his offer of support and instead launched attacks from perceived sacred Saudi soil in order to attack Muslim nations. He was definitely not a freedom fighter more a rich moralist in his eyes protecting the rights of the middle Eastern Sheiks to police sacred Muslim soil themselves rather than surrendering to the will of the Western infidel. Probably the PC term is a religious fundamentalist or increasingly what we know as a radical muslim. Either way I suspect he's not enjoying his 70 virgins in paradise as a martyr, more burning in hell with Hattie Jacques sat on his face for all eternity.....

And maybe so, that the term is perhaps inaccurate but you only have to look over to Northern Ireland to see that Adams - a man who's voice was banned from being broadcast for years and his former IRA General McGuiness are now prominent players in the Governing of a Province they helped tear apart in the 70s and 80s.

He might've been a fan of BBW?

Guest Scratch2000uk

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.....

Usually, termed by someone less than fastidious in their choices of hero's.

Guest Scratch2000uk

I did reword that. -

I'm also going to leave this, I dont come on here for a political debate.

I post on here to talk about Latics / general mundane crap.

I just post mundane crap. :OASISscarf: