Would it not be wise of the club to give priority of Liverpool tickets to the fans who attended on Saturday or to the away game? I dont know if they gave tickets on the gate on Saturday, as I was late and didnt get one when paying in?

However, the club would get a good following at Mansfield, to get right behind the lads to push us into the next round. If worse came to the worse, at least they'd receive a slightly higher gate receipt from the larger than usual away following. And if we win, the fans who have stuck with us through the crap would be rewarded. Im personally sick of the Bovis brigade turning up to these big games, and stopping the regulars from making an atmosphere.

Would it not be wise of the club to give priority of Liverpool tickets to the fans who attended on Saturday or to the away game? I dont know if they gave tickets on the gate on Saturday, as I was late and didnt get one when paying in?

However, the club would get a good following at Mansfield, to get right behind the lads to push us into the next round. If worse came to the worse, at least they'd receive a slightly higher gate receipt from the larger than usual away following. And if we win, the fans who have stuck with us through the crap would be rewarded. Im personally sick of the Bovis brigade turning up to these big games, and stopping the regulars from making an atmosphere.

Saturday was my first and potentially last home game of the season.

Season ticket holders get a guaranteed ticket should they want one. Everyone else takes their chances. It's the only way.

Saturday was my first and potentially last home game of the season.

Season ticket holders get a guaranteed ticket should they want one. Everyone else takes their chances. It's the only way.

The club have done an excellent job of looking after the true fans for the high-profile matches in the past two seasons. No reason to change anything now.

yep, get your arse to the Colchester game or out of bed when they go on open sale and there's no issue. If you want a ticket and are pro-active you'll get one. IF we beat Mansfield....

Apart from the fact last year I was in work for every sale day, so was out of bed well before the ticket office opened. Luckily I had a mate who could go, its not the club Im aiming this at, its the tits who turn up for the big game and get tickets before the fans who are down the front at Mansfield, Wolves, Kidderminster & Doncaster last year, Southend the year before. We get our big day out spoilt because someone who supported us 'when it was worth going' wants to stall any possible atmosphere.

Anyone who really wants a ticket will get one. Either attend Colchester at home and retain a stub (which if they don't do, will be madness) and even if you don't (as I did last time we played at Anfield) there's always fans dropping out for whatever reason so pick up a ticket that way.

Anyone who really wants a ticket will get one. Either attend Colchester at home and retain a stub (which if they don't do, will be madness) and even if you don't (as I did last time we played at Anfield) there's always fans dropping out for whatever reason so pick up a ticket that way.

Yeah there is, isn't there :wink:

Replay first then worry about tickets. You just have to accept that some people only want to go to the glamour games, but keep winning and playing well and there are more glamour games. Tis a fact of life lets not get too worked up about it, by the way 2 tickets each for ST holders or the dummy is being spat out. :wink:

I agree with the OP about the "Bovis Brigade"...BUT...we can't have this mentality of "I went to Colchester on a tues night in 2004" etc, if we always had this attitude, we'd have 200 fans at every game.

It's a fact of life, and yeah it is infuriating that suddenly an amount of people that is double our average home attendance want to go to Anfield, (If we get there) but i'd rather 6,000 come and try and retain a few if they like what they see, more dosh in the sky rocket.

Imagine any potential Wembley visit in the future, we'd presumably take 15,000+, more than nearly four times the average home gate, where do they come from?

I think the biggest stress is queing for 3 hours in the cold, and you know full well the people in front of you are United or City plastics who just want a days out.

Those without STs could always buy a half season ticket, if they can afford to that is. Presumably they have the vouchers in them too (at least the one I bought a few seasons ago did).

Perhaps those with junior STs can use their vouchers to buy adult tickets for big games?

The club need to price HSTs well. Current STs are not priced well - you only needed to miss five games for it to be the same price to pay on the gate. I've only missed games I've been away for and Colchester will be my fourth.

That said I appreciate the furore if HSTs were less than half the price of full STs.

No Henderson either (not that I rate him) and with no Sturridge. Only Suarez to be scared off tbh. Lucas and Allen in the middle, brilliant opportunity for either of us or Mansfield to give Liverpool a good go. No reason why it can't be done on our day

Let's worry about a very difficult replay first......

If you reckon it's a difficult replay it's time to give up!!

I know it's the cup an all that but............

Mansfield's record of late;

P W D L F A Pts

10 0 3 7 8 20 3

And 1 point from the last 5 home games.

You're probably right as it's the type of game we tend to lose!!