Liverpool ticket sales...

Now they lose at home to teams like North Ferriby United.

To be fair to Stockport, NFU are buying their way through the leagues and are making a bid for league football. A fairer assessment would be now they lose at home to teams like Barrow.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair to Stockport, NFU are buying their way through the leagues and are making a bid for league football. A fairer assessment would be now they lose at home to teams like Barrow.

Fair enough.

It's no secret that I've got a soft spot for County and have, for many years, felt the atmosphere at Edgeley Park is something quite special. More poisonous the last time I went though.

And I've allowed myself to lose touch with where they are, who they play etc. I gave no idea with who is good and who isn't. I can't work out why they're still stuffed financially when they get three times the crowd of other teams in their league.

It's just a very good reminder that being close to the relegation zone isn't good for Latics.

Fair enough.

It's no secret that I've got a soft spot for County and have, for many years, felt the atmosphere at Edgeley Park is something quite special. More poisonous the last time I went though.

And I've allowed myself to lose touch with where they are, who they play etc. I gave no idea with who is good and who isn't. I can't work out why they're still stuffed financially when they get three times the crowd of other teams in their league.

It's just a very good reminder that being close to the relegation zone isn't good for Latics.

Quite, the thing about Stockport (and I've witnessed this from experience) is they could find themselves the paydays for the teams in that division, and the Conference and other teams may try to exploit their fanbase. That apart, there should be a few interesting non-league seasons in the north over the coming years.

As who is good and bad? I suppose anyone can beat anyone, although for Hednesford read NFU, and lower down there's the 2022 thing at :censored:ing Fylde.

No. The money is irrelevant to fans. Or it should be. (In as much as we don't see it.)

It's about the people who go every week getting to see us play a top premier league team at a top premier league ground. The possibility of a win and all the glory that entails.

We (the fans) don't see the cash. The most important thing is that the people who matter have a top day.

This post, and Pukka's below it, nails it for me.

Being of an age that meant i was lucky to see the pinch me years, i have seen us play Liverpool in the Premier League. But, i was a youngster.

Anfield away last time was one of, if not the best, away days i've had as a Latics fan.

If you can't get excited about making the trip over to Liverpool, a mini pub & bar crawl pre-game and then seeing your side walk out & play Liverpool at Anfield; then it really is time to find a new hobby.

I personally cannot wait...

Edited by slystallone

Thank you all for the kind comments & offers of help, maybe it's Xmas time & people are in the spirit but its actually quite overwhelming that decent people want to help.

I'm sorry I can't address you by name (don't know it) but thank you so much for the above offer.

I had a really long think about this & I will decline. For me I'm not massively passionate about going to Liverpool and if I take the ticket I may end up ruining someone's Xmas/only chance of going to Anfield by taking the ticket & i wouldn't want that

Don't get me wrong i really really like Latics & am desperate for them to win & the other 19 premiership clubs would have really appealed to me

Once again thank you all for your kind generosity and I hope everyone who wants a ticket gets one

Now lets get something at Sheff Utd today!

Dean

You are welcome.

Mike

The arrogance on here is astounding.

I pay for 2 adult season tickets up front every year. I go away. I go to cup matches. I look forward to every league match. I am constantly positive on here, on Facebook and Twitter, and sing until I'm hoarse and clap until my hands are bruised.

But because I'm not creaming myself about going to anfield (where I've been several times, where I believe we'll get mullered, where I've said I'm going and looking forward to the day out and payday for the club) I should get a new hobby?

Really?!

The arrogance on here is astounding.

I pay for 2 adult season tickets up front every year. I go away. I go to cup matches. I look forward to every league match. I am constantly positive on here, on Facebook and Twitter, and sing until I'm hoarse and clap until my hands are bruised.

But because I'm not creaming myself about going to anfield (where I've been several times, where I believe we'll get mullered, where I've said I'm going and looking forward to the day out and payday for the club) I should get a new hobby?

Really?!

It's not as exciting as the last two years, no matter what people say and most will be feeling that after last year, we're unlikely to be successful and will probably get mullered.

I'm still going but would have preferred the Emirates or perhaps someone like Middlesbrough away but on the other hand there were lots of Burnleys, Blackburns, Peterboroughs that we could have got so thankful it wasn't them.

Though if we were to get a result.....

There isnt any arrogance. Because someone disagrees with you, doesn't make them arrogant . Id argue that telling us how much of a latics fan you are makes you just as arrogant.

The facts are we are playing a top 4 premier league side. It doesnt have the novelty value for most of us.

The opinion differs i.e. Someone said they were more lookibg forward to a league game instead against someone like Port Vale. Surely the novelty factor is less there?!

Surely playing the best (and beating them.. last season) is the aim? If it's not then results don't matter.

I said I didnt want liverpool, but after Arsenal, Chelsea, Villa (who were my first choice), Newcastle - it could have been a lot worse.

Edited by pukka