Prediction League Cup Thread

Stevie_J

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the cup final is brought to an close with no need for extra-time or penalties. In truth, it wasn't quite the close game many had expected. laticdickovarmy, who has fared so well in the league this term, perhaps struggled a little with the pressure of such a big occasion, and his 2:59 edit may well have been evidence of that.

The late edit saw laticdickovarmy concede a 1-0 half-time scoreline and, although it was a fairly tight affair in the second half, underdog, JoshOWTB was in clinical mood, matching the result prediction points and adding two more for correctly forecasting a Latics clean sheet.

It's been a good campaign for laticdickovarmy, but it does look as if he will narrowly miss out on the league honours too, with two games left of the season.

Today, however, belonged to JoshOWTB, who proudly raised the OWTB Prediction League Cup. He also takes home prize money in the very substantial sum of £31.25. Whether that money goes towards his prediction budget for next season remains to be seen.

Scoring guru, Bristolatic commented on the conclusion of the cup competition, "Well, that's one less thing to worry about." He wouldn't be drawn on the question of whether he will sign the long-term contract that was offered to him some time ago but he did laugh off the rumours that there was a deadline in place after which the offer would be withdrawn, "Who the :censored: else are they going to get to do it?!"

Fierce rival of both finalists, 24hoursfromtulsehill, was his usual diplomatic self, stating, "That match was awful. A stain on the Prediction League itself. They should both be ashamed of what a poor spectacle that final turned out to be. Had I not been knocked out earlier in the competition - a freak result if ever there was one - I'd have destroyed either of those teams out there today."

Congratulations to the 2013/14, and first, OWTB Prediction League Cup Winner, JoshOWTB.

Final score:

laticdickovarmy 2-5 JoshOWTB

Excellent report Stevie and well played to both finalists. It's been a good competition, one that I am sure will be repeated next season, hopefully with more entrants.

Speaking of next season, I am pleased to announce that I have accepted the long term contract that has been on the table for some time now. We simply had to determine the pay off if I get sacked in the early stages of a very long contract. You know, a bit David Moyesesque.

Only two games to go now and the end of season awards are up for grabs, with kudos being given to those who fare best in each section.

Can we do a T20 league or something through the summer?

With regular cup draws.

Sorry, but my current contract does not cover the close season. Now, if someone else fancies it ...

We've done this before. Or was it the European Championships? I can't recall how well it was supported. Stevie_J might remember.

It was the Euros and not too shabbily. Hopefully it'll prove even more popular this time around, for a bigger competition and following the success of this season's competition.

Perhaps could do it as 1st scorer, HT score, correct result, full time score & min of 1st goal (with 3mins 3pts & bang on 5pts) take it off say the BBC website to make sure no arguments???

If it was released before the end of the season whilst people were checking the threads I think that would help

If any assistance is needed would be happy to lend a hand

Well done josh....

Re World Cup one, think Chris hill might be considering running one too.

Don't want you all to clash now.

Perhaps could do it as 1st scorer, HT score, correct result, full time score & min of 1st goal (with 3mins 3pts & bang on 5pts) take it off say the BBC website to make sure no arguments???

If it was released before the end of the season whilst people were checking the threads I think that would help

If any assistance is needed would be happy to lend a hand

I'd be hoping to do something similar to this - http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/38670-euros-prediction-game-its-on-with-prizes-and-benefit-for-playershare/?hl=%2Beuros+%2Bprediction