Reasonably sized exclusive

Have we done this to lift the transfer embargo and a way around that?

Or have we done this to try and get some money? Dunno why I just have a feeling we are really struggling financially at the minute.. Could be wrong!

Just seems unnecessary to get involved in all this.

Have we done this to lift the transfer embargo and a way around that?

Or have we done this to try and get some money? Dunno why I just have a feeling we are really struggling financially at the minute.. Could be wrong!

Just seems unnecessary to get involved in all this.

I don't think we are doing this to get money, more that we think we can save money by not having to pay West Ham the extra bit of cash we were scheduled to pay them for Montano. Especially as he played until November, 14 months after we signed him. The fact that doing so prevents us from being in transfer embargo is a bonus.

(quote) M.E.N. Sport understands League One Latics paid around £50,000 for the Columbian

Really? I seem to remember it was disclosed as a nominal fee - £50,000 is not exactly nominal fee for Oldham. More credit for SC in doing the right thing because he would have hurt chucking all that money away.

I hope Montano never plays professionally again the grubby get.

Given there is a fee involved, any decent contract should oblige the seller to disclose such information.

Also, it seems that Montano didn't disclose this to OAFC when he signed, another reason why he was sacked no doubt.

If West Ham didn't know though, they can't disclose it.

I suspect Montano had a duty to disclose to West Ham and if he didn't there is a possibility of claiming against him. If he claims against us we would have to go through the right steps to ensure a counter claim against him. I have no doubt that this is one area where when the full facts are known, if ever, we will all applaud the action taken by club and SC.